“New level of atmosphere and variety” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Encore At Wynn Las Vegas

You added Encore At Wynn Las Vegas to your Saves list
Encore At Wynn Las Vegas
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   3121 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Placerville, California
“New level of atmosphere and variety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

From the moment you drive up to the beautiful brown glass facing for this hotel resort until you see the hotel in your rear view mirror you'll be immersed in an atmosphere of relaxed luxury. The Encore is connected on the casino level with the Wynn and the transition between properties in easy and seamless.

Both properties have a terrific selection of restaurants and entertainment options and the Wynn theater hosts Le Reve, a spectacular water-themed show.

The rooms that we've stayed in have had very nice views of either the strip or the mountains. The rooms are very comfortable and and the bathrooms are very spacious.

Room Tip: Request a room near the end of the tower to provide the best views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,754)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Hotel is great and definitely one of the best ones in Vegas. Rooms are spacious - all rooms have a separate seating area from the bedroom. Lower floor rooms can get a bit noisy from the parties and clubs downstairs, so I would recommend a higher floor. Also the view towards the strip is much better than the mountain view. The casino looks great with very friendly staff but there is nowhere to sit down and relax, everywhere you are reminded to go and gamble again. Location is ok but it is at the end of the strip, so not that easy to walk anywhere. Overall fantastic rooms and décor with great staff but not that central to the key attractions on the strip.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from club/parties and ask for view of the strip
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hicksville, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Beautiful hotel!!! Service was fantastic!! Everything was taken care of at a moments notice. I was there for an author signing at the Hard Rock but my friend booked rooms here. Thank god this was a great experience!!! The dining was great at every restaurant in the hotel as well as in the room. We rented a cabana and it was excellent!! This was my first trip to Vegas and I will definitely come back and stay here again!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The Encore (and the Wynn that is joined) is a superb, Vegas hotel. The décor, the lighting, the restaurants and the facilities are all what you would expect from one of the top hotels on the strip.

Our room was spacious, well finished, clean and with a pretty good view down towards Circus Circus (slightly spoiled by the abandoned hotel construction site but this isn't the Encore's fault!)

Having visited just about every hotel during our stay I can reliably state that The Encore is as good as the best of them but is definitely one of the classier joints - the casino just feels a little less 'sleazy' than some and the shops and restaurants are as good as you'll find in any of the hotels.

Of course you pay for this with the eye-watering prices in the bars and shops but then you can choose to spend as you wish in the hotel or use the rest of the strip. If you want to avoid the high prices for the drinks, a good tip is to play one of the 1c slots and within a few minutes a scantily clad, stick-thin waitress will offer you free drinks!!! (Make sure the scantily clad, stick-thin server is also carrying a drinks tray ... if not then she's probably offering a very different sort of refreshment which will almost certainly be expensive!!)

We dined at Mazumi, the Encore's Japanese restaurant on my birthday - superb food/service with a lovely setting by the water.

Also, the buffet breakfast is - as Americans would say in that cutesy way - awesome! I'm not usually a fan of buffets but I have never experienced such a fantastic buffet as at the Wynn.

So why haven't I given five stars?

Three reasons ..... firstly there is absolutely nowhere you can sit and relax in the hotel without having to endure 'supermarket' music (even in the lifts and by the pools!)

Secondly, the pool at The Encore is designed for the party animals and has music pounding out all day and so it is impossible to relax while sunbathing. This means you have to use the pool, at the adjoining Wynn hotel

Thirdly, the above-mentioned pool at the adjoining Wynn has very little shade (there are no sun umbrellas at all). This means that guests are continually racing to beat each other to the few shady spots and the having to move throughout the day as the sun crosses over. With average daily temperatures of 105 degrees during our stay, this was unacceptable for such an expensive hotel.

Now, I realise of course that the lack of relaxing areas is designed to force you back into the bars and casinos where you can donate your money to Steve Wynn's bank account but a little more consideration could be shown to the guests that have chosen this hotel above the many others on offer.

If you have kids with you, I would suggest that you choose an alternative hotel as the Wynn resort is really aimed at party people, big spenders and couples.

Although this isn't any reflection on the experience, it is quite funny spotting the many, pointless roles that the hotel seems to have given to the staff. For instance, you have to show your room key to a 'security' guard before being allowed to the lifts. Completely pointless (and mildly annoying). If you go through the lobby bar you'll find that you come out behind the guard and can just get in the lift without showing your keycard. Also at the end of the holiday, reception asks if you'd like to keep your card as a souvenir (whoopee). This means there must be thousands of cards in circulation. When I pointed this out to the receptionist she said "well. there isn't really anything people can do if they do get up to the rooms without being checked anyway" - in true American style she didn't really spot the irony here!

Then there's the multiple staff at breakfast. The first enters your room details into a till and prints out a receipt for you to sign .... even if breakfast is included in your package!!! She then enters more details and gives you another receipt that you have to pass to a second member of staff standing about two metres further on in the line. She then passes this to a third member who takes you to a table and gives you the receipt back!!! You've kinda got to ask why people can't just give their room number and find their own table. The problem is that this 'system' results in a long queue (up to 25 mins) every morning .... but it gives them something to do I guess.

There are many more such amusing, pointless members of staff around the hotel - why not turn it into a treasure hunt for the kids to spot them ... after all there's nowhere to sit and relax so you might as well find your own fun :)

However, unless you really are in Vegas to lounge around and relax 24/7, don't let any of this put you off - this is a seriously great hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing up the strip to avoid the view of the abandoned building site
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I really love this property. The decor, the service, everything!! The rooms are extremely spacious and luxurious. The beds are so comfortable and they really make you feel like you are a valued customer. I could go on and on, but the other reviews say it all already. Definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here mainly becuase steve wynn is a vegan and EVERY resturant in the WYNN complex gives a vegan option, this meant i could eat normally and my wife (who is vegan & gluten free) could for once eat as well. it was our 1st anniversary so we went to the lakeside. food was stunning & they even made us tiny vegan anniversary cakes. the hotel is fabulous, i have also stayed at the bellagio and i would say this is the better hotel. its a younger crowd because all the top clubs are here. the staff are SO friendly and helpfull (bellagio they tend to be a little up themselves). Overall its the best hotel on the strip

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My review/experience is long so if you don't want to read, here's the basics:

There is a reason why Encore is only ranked 12 in Las Vegas.
And there is also a reason why Encore will never win a conde nast accolade on their own without their successful sister Wynn to carry the bulk of the load.

Did you know that there were 2 bed bugs incidents reported in May 2013 for Encore?

1. Loud - Unless you are a heavy sleeper that can sleep through anything, request a room FAR from elevator/clubs and don't get a room with a connecting door to your neighbor. If you don't pay to upgrade and just get a regular room, you will be somewhere on the bottom-40th floor and you WILL be able to here police sirens on the street... OR just make sure the hotel knows you have a lot of money to spend and they'll suck up to you all the way to meet your needs.

2. MOST of the front desk employees are very nice and hospitable - but don't expect the same warmth or kindness from any of the front desk managers.. they are monotoned, unempathetic and cold... Trust me, i spoke with 4 of them and only 1 (Ben) was super friendly and was very sincerely apologetic to our situation.. even offered to send us chocolate covered strawberries - which we very much appreciated the gesture, but declined the offer.

I was extremely disappointed by my stay at Encore... It's a beautiful hotel, beautiful suite, spa, pool & amenities...

On a busy day, expect to wait about 20-30 minutes to check in and don't expect an apology or a bottled water for waiting... Paula (the gal who checked us in) was in a bad mood?? She wasn't at all inviting, warm or welcoming towards us. Not once did she ask us how we were, how our day was or even smile at us... My husband and I thought it was a little weird - but whatever....

We got to our room on the 35th floor... I immediately went to the restroom to wash my hands from our travels and I noticed the previous guest's false eyelashes on the counter (see photo).... I called down and asked them to send someone up to clean it which we stepped out for dinner... When we got back from dinner, we noticed housekeeping did stop by b/c the hand towels i used were gone and stocked with fresh new ones, BUT she neglected to remove the false eyelashes... That can be forgiven...

I took a shower to end my night and I found myself standing in a puddle of water that covered my foot b/c of the slow drain..(see photo) the water in fact overflowed onto the bathroom floor drenching the towel floor mat... I called down to have them fix this... again, this too can be forgiven...

Around 11pm, we heard our neighbors blasting their music very clearly.. they were playing robin thicks, "blurred lines". i called down and had security ask them to lower the volume - in which case, they did... again, forgivable - and not really the hotel's fault except for the fact that they have paper thin walls.

We got into bed to go to sleep and after tossing and turning for about an hour trying to figure out the repeating suction/thump noise, i finally came to the conclusion that it was the elevator. Around 1 in the morning, i called down and asked to switch rooms b/c both my husband and i couldn't sleep b/c of the ongoing repeating elevator sounds... they couldn't switch us b/c "nothing was available" and i was advised to call in the morning.... Around 2 or 3 am, i was so frustrated, i called front desk again and asked them to send up ear plugs and a noise canceling machine - they sent a fan and orange ear plugs that broke in half the minute i put them into my ears. Through exhaustion we were finally able to fall asleep around 4 in the morning...

Next day... I was offered 2 different rooms on another floor... Now, before I check into hotels i do my homework and the number one complaint i read about encore is the noise.. I read tips on how I should ask for a room furthest from the clubs and to NOT get a room with a neighbor connecting door... and now my third request was to be far from the elevator... I communicated these 3 requests to Encore and they offered me a room with a connecting door... or another room near the elevator.......................... At this point I was frustrated b/c the 3 front desk manager I spoke with (Miguel and Choona - Jason didn't even bother returning my phone call) didn't have any empathy for my situation - oh did I mention that I'm 6 and a half months pregnant? I was told by Choona that it was guaranteed that I wouldn't hear any noise on the new room with the connecting door b/c they sent someone up to double check (which i really appreciate by the way). So b/c of his guarantee, we packed our things and moved to the 38th floor... They were right, it was quiet... until 5 in the morning came around and the neighbors came back to their room and decided to continue their partying... I called front desk to complain and security handled it... my husband and I both irritated by the fact that we didn't get a good nights rest on either nights, decided to just get up and check out...

Checking out.... I immediately asked the very nice front desk girl for the manager... Enter front desk manager Michael - who was also less than friendly.. my husband and I could both tell from the start he was not at all concerned or even cared about our issues... After I explained what we had gone through the last 2 days, he nonchalantly offered us 1 night comp to pretty much shut us up... When i asked for a full refund he snapped and said, "i'm not going to do that." ok, this is where I got pissed b/c in the hospitality industry the one thing you do NOT say to a customer is, "i'm not going to do that (for you)" - there are other nicer ways to say the same thing. He explained that encore allowing us to switch rooms was doing us a favor and that it's out of the hotel's hand whether or not the neighbors are quiet... Basically, he was telling us that it's not the hotel's fault that they have paper thin walls and we couldn't get any sleep... His bottom line to us was, "take it or leave it and shut up" Again, he was super unfriendly or sympathetic - just plain cold....his apologies were mere empty words without any sincerity. I questioned about the resort charges and he said that it was encore's policy that they do not refund on resort fees - this is COMPLETE bs and no one should ever take that for an answer... He pretty much lied to my face and in front of his subordinate.. are you really telling me that Encore has NEVER EVER refunded a guest entirely for their poor stay?

Encore was such a huge disappointment.. I stay at the wynn suites quite frequently b/c my aunt is a VIP high roller who is always invited by Wynn and everything (meals, rooms, amenities) is always comp'd - we're treated like royalties.... This time around my husband and I went without her to celebrate our babymoon and decided to stay at encore for the first time... big mistake. Just goes to show that money rules all at these kinds of establishments.

I've stayed at many 5 star resorts and Encore by far was the worst experience ever in terms of customer service. Very disappointing. I would recommend staying at Four Seasons or Madarin Oriental - they will take care of you like family.

Room Tip: Loud - get away from elevator, clubs and request a room without a connecting door. Also bring your o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Encore At Wynn Las Vegas? Share your experiences!