“AMAZING!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Encore At Wynn Las Vegas

You added Encore At Wynn Las Vegas to your Saves list
Encore At Wynn Las Vegas
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   3121 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
“AMAZING!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here mainly becuase steve wynn is a vegan and EVERY resturant in the WYNN complex gives a vegan option, this meant i could eat normally and my wife (who is vegan & gluten free) could for once eat as well. it was our 1st anniversary so we went to the lakeside. food was stunning & they even made us tiny vegan anniversary cakes. the hotel is fabulous, i have also stayed at the bellagio and i would say this is the better hotel. its a younger crowd because all the top clubs are here. the staff are SO friendly and helpfull (bellagio they tend to be a little up themselves). Overall its the best hotel on the strip

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,742)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My review/experience is long so if you don't want to read, here's the basics:

There is a reason why Encore is only ranked 12 in Las Vegas.
And there is also a reason why Encore will never win a conde nast accolade on their own without their successful sister Wynn to carry the bulk of the load.

Did you know that there were 2 bed bugs incidents reported in May 2013 for Encore?

1. Loud - Unless you are a heavy sleeper that can sleep through anything, request a room FAR from elevator/clubs and don't get a room with a connecting door to your neighbor. If you don't pay to upgrade and just get a regular room, you will be somewhere on the bottom-40th floor and you WILL be able to here police sirens on the street... OR just make sure the hotel knows you have a lot of money to spend and they'll suck up to you all the way to meet your needs.

2. MOST of the front desk employees are very nice and hospitable - but don't expect the same warmth or kindness from any of the front desk managers.. they are monotoned, unempathetic and cold... Trust me, i spoke with 4 of them and only 1 (Ben) was super friendly and was very sincerely apologetic to our situation.. even offered to send us chocolate covered strawberries - which we very much appreciated the gesture, but declined the offer.

I was extremely disappointed by my stay at Encore... It's a beautiful hotel, beautiful suite, spa, pool & amenities...

On a busy day, expect to wait about 20-30 minutes to check in and don't expect an apology or a bottled water for waiting... Paula (the gal who checked us in) was in a bad mood?? She wasn't at all inviting, warm or welcoming towards us. Not once did she ask us how we were, how our day was or even smile at us... My husband and I thought it was a little weird - but whatever....

We got to our room on the 35th floor... I immediately went to the restroom to wash my hands from our travels and I noticed the previous guest's false eyelashes on the counter (see photo).... I called down and asked them to send someone up to clean it which we stepped out for dinner... When we got back from dinner, we noticed housekeeping did stop by b/c the hand towels i used were gone and stocked with fresh new ones, BUT she neglected to remove the false eyelashes... That can be forgiven...

I took a shower to end my night and I found myself standing in a puddle of water that covered my foot b/c of the slow drain..(see photo) the water in fact overflowed onto the bathroom floor drenching the towel floor mat... I called down to have them fix this... again, this too can be forgiven...

Around 11pm, we heard our neighbors blasting their music very clearly.. they were playing robin thicks, "blurred lines". i called down and had security ask them to lower the volume - in which case, they did... again, forgivable - and not really the hotel's fault except for the fact that they have paper thin walls.

We got into bed to go to sleep and after tossing and turning for about an hour trying to figure out the repeating suction/thump noise, i finally came to the conclusion that it was the elevator. Around 1 in the morning, i called down and asked to switch rooms b/c both my husband and i couldn't sleep b/c of the ongoing repeating elevator sounds... they couldn't switch us b/c "nothing was available" and i was advised to call in the morning.... Around 2 or 3 am, i was so frustrated, i called front desk again and asked them to send up ear plugs and a noise canceling machine - they sent a fan and orange ear plugs that broke in half the minute i put them into my ears. Through exhaustion we were finally able to fall asleep around 4 in the morning...

Next day... I was offered 2 different rooms on another floor... Now, before I check into hotels i do my homework and the number one complaint i read about encore is the noise.. I read tips on how I should ask for a room furthest from the clubs and to NOT get a room with a neighbor connecting door... and now my third request was to be far from the elevator... I communicated these 3 requests to Encore and they offered me a room with a connecting door... or another room near the elevator.......................... At this point I was frustrated b/c the 3 front desk manager I spoke with (Miguel and Choona - Jason didn't even bother returning my phone call) didn't have any empathy for my situation - oh did I mention that I'm 6 and a half months pregnant? I was told by Choona that it was guaranteed that I wouldn't hear any noise on the new room with the connecting door b/c they sent someone up to double check (which i really appreciate by the way). So b/c of his guarantee, we packed our things and moved to the 38th floor... They were right, it was quiet... until 5 in the morning came around and the neighbors came back to their room and decided to continue their partying... I called front desk to complain and security handled it... my husband and I both irritated by the fact that we didn't get a good nights rest on either nights, decided to just get up and check out...

Checking out.... I immediately asked the very nice front desk girl for the manager... Enter front desk manager Michael - who was also less than friendly.. my husband and I could both tell from the start he was not at all concerned or even cared about our issues... After I explained what we had gone through the last 2 days, he nonchalantly offered us 1 night comp to pretty much shut us up... When i asked for a full refund he snapped and said, "i'm not going to do that." ok, this is where I got pissed b/c in the hospitality industry the one thing you do NOT say to a customer is, "i'm not going to do that (for you)" - there are other nicer ways to say the same thing. He explained that encore allowing us to switch rooms was doing us a favor and that it's out of the hotel's hand whether or not the neighbors are quiet... Basically, he was telling us that it's not the hotel's fault that they have paper thin walls and we couldn't get any sleep... His bottom line to us was, "take it or leave it and shut up" Again, he was super unfriendly or sympathetic - just plain cold....his apologies were mere empty words without any sincerity. I questioned about the resort charges and he said that it was encore's policy that they do not refund on resort fees - this is COMPLETE bs and no one should ever take that for an answer... He pretty much lied to my face and in front of his subordinate.. are you really telling me that Encore has NEVER EVER refunded a guest entirely for their poor stay?

Encore was such a huge disappointment.. I stay at the wynn suites quite frequently b/c my aunt is a VIP high roller who is always invited by Wynn and everything (meals, rooms, amenities) is always comp'd - we're treated like royalties.... This time around my husband and I went without her to celebrate our babymoon and decided to stay at encore for the first time... big mistake. Just goes to show that money rules all at these kinds of establishments.

I've stayed at many 5 star resorts and Encore by far was the worst experience ever in terms of customer service. Very disappointing. I would recommend staying at Four Seasons or Madarin Oriental - they will take care of you like family.

Room Tip: Loud - get away from elevator, clubs and request a room without a connecting door. Also bring your o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Natal, RN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great great great hotel experience. We arrived really late (230AM) and got upgraded to the 59th floor for free and had an amazing view of the strip and the rest of Las Vegas. The room was luxurious and the controlled drapes and lighting were so cool. I loved that it was a suite and we had so much space. And the bathroom...... I loved it. it was huge and so comfortable. I will definitely stay here again. One of the best hotel experiences ever!

Room Tip: stay high and farthest away from the beach party pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic hotel. Rooms and hotel decor are at a different level.
Staff very helpful. As it's a little bit away from madness of strip there's a lovely calmness to the place. Restaurants in the hotel are also fantastic.
There are a few negatives though- the wifi is very poor and you are charged for it (I cannot understand how hotels are getting away with this). You are charged for everything and it's expensive. And for some it might be a bit too far down the strip.
Overall though its just a superb place to spend some time.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

If you've ever stayed at the Wynn or Encore, look out for the promo codes they email to you (I think they're far better than the usual Vegas deals. This place is very luxurious!!! Several high end restaurants and clubs inside of the Hotel!!! The restaurants have featured chefs!!!!!!! It gets very crowded here and you can forget what time it is. lol. The casino is pricey and so are the clubs. Personally, I enjoyed going to the gym in the morning (complimentary apples and water). I'm not going into detail about how nice this place is!!! It's nice, that goes without saying. Stay on the higher floors facing the strip! View is fantastic, large windows, television in the restroom, etc. etc. etc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I would certainly recommend the Encore for your stay in vegas. Great hotel with nothing bad to stay about it. It's a sister hotel so the casino is quieter than others and pool smaller but this is perfect for me. I would say if its your first vegas visit maybe a more centrally located hotel like the belagio would be better allowing you to walk to more attractions but for repeat visits or pure opulence give the encore a go.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Had a fab time for the money I paid , the location isn't the best ...
Got to my room tried to get upgrade no avail , room was very noisy from the pool parties down below , after a bit I got used to it ,,,
They bill you for everything even a coke is 7 dollars but didn't realise till day 3 there is a store 2 min from encore where you can buy drinks / alcohol food ... But saying all that if u want luxury encore is the place , but might stay bit more central next time

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Encore At Wynn Las Vegas? Share your experiences!