This was my first visit to Las Vegas and, having the heard stories and seen the movies, my expectations were high - but nothing can really prepare you for this amazing city which many of my American colleagues and friends insist is 'not really the USA' :-). If you have a gambling addiction then Vegas is not going to help much. During the week I was there, from the time I arrived at the airport to when I left, I felt I was in one large Casino! The Encore is very much part of the Vegas scene. Adjacent, in fact connected, to the Wynn hotel, it is a stunning hotel, large and always busy. It is conveniently located and quite close to the major spots and conference areas. The room I stayed in looked towards the Wynn hotel and was large and luxurious. In the morning the sun reflected off the Wynn with an amazing burst of light which seemed so in place in this city. The bathroom was spacious and all the normal conveniences are provided. The shower, bath and toilet are separated. Beware of the mini-bar fridge! All the contents rest on a weight sensitive pad so if you remove an item for more than 60 seconds you are automatically billed. There is also a warning notice that if you happen to shuffle the contents around or place your own items in the fridge you will be charged. The lobby area extends into the casino area and the restaurants. I don't think I've ever before had breakfast watching people kick their day at the slot machines and tables. And if gambling is your thing, you can spend your time trying your luck while served by waitresses who, as long as you keep working the slots and tables, will keep your glass filled with your drink of choice, for free! Tipping may be expected everywhere in the US but in Vegas it is a bit extreme. One taxi that collected me from the Encore even provided a choice of tipping 20, 40 or 60% of the total fare. That was a first for me. However, I must add that whether it was the hotel receptionist, the Bell Hop, the taxi drive, etc., the service provided was always very good.
My week in Vegas, staying at the Encore, was an absolute pleasure.
- Also Known As:
- Encore At Wynn Las Vegas Hotel
- Encore At Wynn Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Encore At Wynn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Encore, the new signature resort in the Wynn collection, is now taking reservations. Encore complements Wynn Las Vegas’ repertoire of accommodations, culinary offerings and leisure activities to include 11 new retail outlets, seven new cozy bars and lounges, five new signature restaurants, one ultra-chic nightclub and a European-inspired spa and salon facility. Indulge in Encore’s casually elegant approach to ambiance. Conceived as a collection of neighborhoods, the resort is designed to fill your stay with moments of discovery and evoke your sense of wonder. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Olotels, Amex, Agoda, Venere, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Encore At Wynn Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.