“Pure luxury but beware of additional fees” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Encore At Wynn Las Vegas

Save Saved
You added Encore At Wynn Las Vegas to your Saves list
Encore At Wynn Las Vegas
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   3121 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$100 RESORT CREDIT
Ranked #6 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
Bronx, New York
“Pure luxury but beware of additional fees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Once again Encore did not disappoint! Pure luxury and outstanding customer service. The entire venue was elegant, the rooms and amenities well-apportioned. Sadly, many elements were overpriced or unreasonable. Nickeling and dimeing for a luxury venue is a bit beneath them ($25/day for a mini fridge, $8 Reese's pieces, charging more for a better view, the resort fee, $9 for a liter of water). However, we would gladly stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

5,283 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,505)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed at Encore with my mother and sister before Thanksgiving. Decor was very nice and bright. Best restaurant was the Cafe. Rooms very clean. A little on the "outskirts" of town. Was a hike to the Bellagio and downtown, however beautiful grounds. Didn't realize that the pool was closed in the winter.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Long Grove, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and I just returned from another trip to Vegas. We decided to try the Wynn. Previously we stayed at the penthouse suite at Bellagio. The room was clean and average to other hotels. I didn't like the toilet seat. I know this sounds odd, but its shaped higher in the front than in the back and if you 5'4" or under only your toes will touch the floor. The mattress was not as comfortable as the Bellagio and the sheets were really rough and stiff to sleep on. There was nothing pencil to the room and we had a suite. The fridge was seldom restocked which was a problem. I must say that the staff was exceptional. Everyone was very polite and friendly. We ordered room service every morning and it was wonderful. The biggest problem with the Wynn properties is location. My husband and I walk everywhere in Vegas, were big on exercise and healthy living and walk to help minimize weight gain from all the fabulous food in Vegas. The hotel is just too far and inconvenient and I would not stay there again. The only problem we had with staff was at business office at the Wynn. We tend to shop a lot and we brought our packages to the encore business office but it was closed, apparently no one believes in working at encore. There was a sign that said to go to Wynn business office. After dragging numerous bags a very far distance we were greeted by a very unpleasant employee, I believe his name was Nelson ( that's what it says on our receipt). We shipped out 24lbs and with their ridiculous fees it cost us $ 92.00. Keep in mind that I shipped out 60lbs last month from Disney world for 52.00. I hate being cheated by any hotel and that is another reason I would never recommend or stay at Wynn hotel. If you do choose to stay there make sure to order the beignet from room service. They ate amazing!! I think the location and amenities at Bellagio far surpass the Wynn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cerritos, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

As a repeat vistor to the Encore (adjacent to the Wynn--same ownership), I responded to an ad offering a $129 plus tax rate for weeknights in November 2012. Only in the fine print of the acceptance of "terms and conditions" was the resort fee of $25 per night plus tax mentioned. Because it was buried there on another page, I didn't see it. They then charged my credit card for the first night, which I didn't agree to either--I though it was only a guarantee in case I no-showed. When I checked in and they mentioned the resort fee, I told them I didn't want those "resort" amenities that was offered and told them I wouldn't pay it. They said it was a mandatory fee and every guest had to pay it, whether they used the amenities or not, and would not check me in unless I signed to agree to it, even though they had my money for the first night. Being tired from driving to LV from LA that day, I reluctantly agreed to it to get my room, but took it up with the on-duty manager the next day. She wouldn't budge, but when I checked out, after another discussion with another manager, they waived half of it, but gave me an attitude while doing it. I wrote to Steve Wynn at the hotel's address with my complaint, but never received an answer. I now notice that the resort fee is prominently disclosed on the face of the web page along with the price now that the FTC issued a warning to the industry in early December threatening legal action against any hotel continuing this deceptive practice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
houston tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a Bday stay at the Encore and I must say I was pleased. First we were able to check in once we arrived at 8 in the morning, everything was very nice. We enjoyed dinner at Botero and had a good time just touring Vegas. I have no complaints except for loosing a little money but that's expected every now and then.

• Stayed December 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I really loved the rooms. Nice decor and modern. Extremely comfortable beds. Plenty of space in the room. Really Nice bathrooms with seperate tub and shower. The hotel and casino was very clean and the staff was friendly. I ate at four of thier restaurants/coffee shops, all were good. Both pools were nice, however the beach party was great fun! Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Porter Ranch, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here over the weekend, but as usual with any Vegas property, was not impressed.
Nothing over the top or spectacular. Nothing memorable. Just gets cluttered with the rest of Bellagio, Venetian, Palazzo, etc...
The promo they ran few months ago, made it worth its while, but I would be hesitant to pay
the full price for what I would consider "AVERAGE-5 star Vegas"

Is it clean? Yes.
Is it modern and up to date? Yes.
Is service friendly? Yes.
Good location? No. It's at the north end of the strip. If you want to go anywhere else than Wynn & Encore, you will be making a trip.
Is it memorable? No. Just your average 5 Vegas star.

If you set your expectations low and take advantage of whatever promo they may throw at you, it maybe worth your while.

I, for one, had my share of Encore and unless there is an incredible promo offer, will not be back.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for the room FACING the strip. Otherwise, you will be stuck with tired old North V...