“" Lovely Boutique Hotel "” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Encore At Wynn Las Vegas

You added Encore At Wynn Las Vegas to your Saves list
Encore At Wynn Las Vegas
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   3121 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Seattle
“" Lovely Boutique Hotel "”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The question for us is the Wynn or the Encore ? We did stay at the Encore this time and it's lovely though we prefer their other establishment next door. The rooms are beautiful and as usual the detail that goes into these hotels makes them unique.
We did not like the small pool at the Encore so we ended up doing allot of walking which is how I felt about this hotel. We had to walk to get anywhere we needed to be though they do have some nice spots to have dinner or lunch or any of your meals for that matter.
The rooms have that lush feeling and they are big, comfy , clean . The beds are wonderfully comfortable and we enjoy our sleep when we are there.
It's that Boutique feeling and the employees go out of their way to make you feel welcome. I do have one complaint , the glass sliding door in their little store slammed on my finger , cut it while I was grabbing my water and it hurt and was bleeding . The store clerk didn't even offer me a bandage , she was too interested in getting the money for the water. That left a bad taste for me since my finger bled for about 15 min and it hurt the whole weekend and was bruised. I figured that they should have at least paid for my water or asked if I was ok.
I like this hotel though won't stay here again, too far to walk to the pool , too long to get anywhere you want. I prefer his other hotel next door. If you get a deal for this place though stay, its clean , beautiful , great food and lush rooms. I just like the feel of the other spot !

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,753)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Long Island City NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

The Encore met all of my expectations of a 5 star resort. I will judge all other Vegas hotels by how they compare to the Encore. The rooms were large,feature an amazing view and made me feel like I was a Hollywood insider. Since I'm a teacher in the Bronx this is difficult to do. Although the entire resort is breathtaking, the spa and sandlewood massage were my favorite parts of my experience. By far the best massage I've ever had.

• Stayed April 2011
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Our stay was very enjoyable, we loved that we could go swiming at the different pools and yes kid friendly too...We were there for the UNLV graduation my son's girlfriend graduating; so we had easy access to and from any where. Highly recommend you sign up for their rewards program; got to do nice fun activities & even gamble some. I always enjoying going to vegas and finding a great place to rest is important to me. Encore offered all the neat details I look for in a hotel or resort.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Croydon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at the Encore in November 2010 whilst on our honeymoon, my wife and I had both been to Vegas previously, so we decided we'd stay at what is revered to be one of the best hotels in Vegas.

I have to say the Encore does feel like a top class hotel, and is lavishly appointed. We were disappointed as we found our room to be quite small, but the clever use of mirrors does give you a spacious feeling.

Having been to Vegas previously and stayed at the Bellagio and Venetian both my wife and I felt the Encore was no better than either of those properties. In fact we both felt the rooms at the Bellagio and Venetian were far larger and felt significantly more spacious.

As we were on our honeymoon we assumed we’d be treated a little more special, than the “run of the mill” patron, but we were wrong to make that assumption, whilst our booking highlighted that we were on honeymoon, at no point were we made to feel special.

The food in the hotel is excellent, plenty of good quality restaurants, but we want to make particular note to the 4am room service breakfast, OK, it was $100+, but it was exceptional! The food in Lakeside if truly fantastic and I personally had the best steak I’ve ever had, well done!!!

We were disappointed to find the staff weren’t too friendly either, we didn’t expect a hotel which purports to operate at such high levels of service to feel this unwelcoming.
In short, this is not a hotel we will be visiting again, whilst you are surrounded with amazing shops such as Ferrari, Rolex and Manolo Blahnik, none of this makes up for pretty poor service.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We traveled with another couple. Have been to Vegas many times and have stayed at various hotels from mid level to high end and Id have to say that the Encore was fantastic albeit a bit pricey. Check in and check out were without a hitch. We had a $100 credit thru the package we booked and they pleasantly explained how that worked. The casino area is a bit smaller than ive experienced in a larger hotel in vegas but i like the way they have things set up. Never seemed overly crowded. Seems to be the quieter side of the Wynn/Encore complex. Service is outstanding. The thing that struck me about the place was how absolutely spotless the place was, the floors, public bathrooms, casino areas etc. I was really impressed with that and the overall attention to detail throughout the property. Just a very comfortable and pleasing place to stay.

Its is pricey however, esp the food. And the lesser priced options are somewhat limited. If im anywhere on vacation for a week i really dont want to have a sit down fancy type meal for every meal of the day. Even the places they tout as casual are really not that casual. For comparisons sake since its right next door and weve stayed there in the past, at the Venetian/Pallazo if you want to grab a quick relatively inexpensive bite to eat, you have several options. You really dont here. But i will say this, every place we did try at the Wynn/Encore was really good. Pizza place, La Cave, Society Cafe, Lakeside Grill, Country Club. We satisfied with them all. Really liked La Cave. Great place for wine and a bite to eat. Bartenders were fantastic.

The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. Probably the nicest hotel room ive experienced.

Dealers were very friendly and professional. Not a big gambler so its not a big deal to me but when i was at a table the dealers were all great. Limits were more reasonable that i had expected so that was a nice surprise. They were quick to drop limits if things were going a bit slow.

The shops are basically all high high end. My wife is a big shopper but it is a waste of time to look in some of those stores because its just out of our league. The fashion show mall is right across the street and more our speed.

The fitness ctr and spa were very nice. The wives loved the spa. The are spa pros and said this was one of the best. I hit the fitness ctr every morning and really enjoyed it. Staff was great. The size of the fitness ctr is fine. Treadmills seemed to get full quickly but crowd was never a problem. We didnt hit the pools. It was still a bit on the cool side when we were there so i cant comment on that.

Overall great stay. If travelling to Vegas again in the future it would be hard not to pick the Encore again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed in one of the Tower Suites at the Encore for the first few days of our Honeymoon. Our room was nice although my expectation of a Vegas "suite" was that it would be a bit bigger.
Being a Tower Suites guest has definite advantages particularly in jumping the queues for the clubs and at the Wynn Buffet (which is vast but bizarrely doesn't do toast unless you ask for it!)
The bed was very comfortable, we had a lounge area big enough for a corner sofa and desk. The bathroom was huge and lovely with lots of great products.
I didn't like the pool scene at the Encore because it was very noisy and not particularly relaxing - I like a quiet pool area, no music where I can read / sleep in peace - but I do now understand that is not Vegas! I realised too late that the Wynn Tower Suites (which is just for Tower Suites guests of the Wynn & Encore) pool was much quieter. It was also quite a walk from the Encore - maybe with the benefit of hindsight we should have stayed in a Wynn Tower Suite.
Make sure you take some heavy duty moisturiser - the effects of constantly being in an aircon environment and the dry air of the desert reeked havoc on my skin!
We had an amazing night out at Surrender - Armand Van Helden was playing and being a Tower Suites guest meant we jumped the queue. It still cost us $70 to get in thought which I thought was pretty steep (but I'm probably just getting too old for clubbing!).
The thing that disappointed me most about the Wynn was that the service isn't personal. I appreciate in the enormous hotels of Vegas this is difficult but as honeymooners I hoped we might get a room with a good view. I wasn't expecting them to roll out the red carpet but our room was on a lower floor (7th floor), not facing the strip and looking down on a dodgy shopping mall and car park which was a bit disappointing.
I would recommend it and I don't think there is anywhere better to stay on the Las Vegas strip but the overall experience doesn't equate to a 5* review - maybe 4.5*.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

The Encore was fabulous. The service here is outstanding. The regular size suite is large and has a separate sitting area with floor to ceiling windows. The bathroom is huge - double sinks, soaking tub, stand up seperate shower, and a flat screen televison. Society is a very good place to eat without having to choose from overpriced items with no taste. The quality of the food and service is excellent. Mr Wynn has another winner with the Encore Las Vegas! Blush is a fabulous night spot for those who like to dance and/or sit in a relaxing setting. Blush also has an outdoor sitting area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Encore At Wynn Las Vegas? Share your experiences!