“Mixed experience at Super8 Las Vegas Strip” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #132 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
Reno
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had stayed at Super 8s two years ago from Reno to Minnesota in a two week adventure. So, we probably stayed at 5 during our trip - at all of them there was breakfast. The reason we chose to stay with you was because of the breakfast and free WiFi. We had no idea, it was not mentioned on the website or anywhere, that this location did not have breakfast. That made it very inconvenient for us. I was very disappointed that there was no breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

James C, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
I apologize if there was some kind of confusion regarding our Super 8 in Las Vegas. As you stated, we do not serve a breakfast here at our location as there is a wonderful 24 hour restaurant in the adjacent casino. We have not served a breakfast here for quite a few years and we do not advertise a breakfast at this location. I hope this fact did not sour you on stayng at our property as I feel that this is a wonderful place to stay with many amenities to offer, despite having no breakfast. I hope you consider us in the future. If you have any questions regarding your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Recommended as low option, cost was twice that of the person that recommended, rooms were obviously old and not kept up to date. Felt a bit unsafe here. Not a place I would eat breakfast, lobby dingy and inviting.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

James C, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay with us here at the Super 8. As you stated, we are a low cost option for those wanting to stay near the strip but not pay strip prices and also not sacrifice customer service and cleanliness. While I'm not sure who recommended you to us or what rate they had during their stay, I can tell you that our rate changes on a daily basis due to our occupancy, what day of the week it is, or if there is some sort of convention or event happening in town. It could be one of these cases why your rate was different then the person who recommended you to us. It's always a good idea to call a hotel you are statying at in advance to check rates that way there are no surprises when you arrive.

I would be curious to hear why you felt a bit "unsafe" at our property seeing as how we employ a 24 hour security staff. Also, I'm a bit surprised to hear that you felt our rooms were old and out of date seeing as we recently underwent a multi million dollar renovation that included all of the rooms, hallways, lobby and pool area.

I hope that you reconsider and decide to give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. I feel that the Super 8 is a wonderful place to stay in Las Vegas and I would love another chance to prove that to you. If you have any questions regarding your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Pembroke, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Spent three weeks here and although first appearances made me think oh dear can honestly say it was fab. Rooms although a little dated were large and had all we needed. Staff on front desk were lovely and the free shuttle to airport was a brilliant touch. Maybe needs a little love and attention but we are going back next year. Loved the pool which was nice and clean and the loungers and towels were fine. Thanks for a good stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back facing the pool very peaceful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for the kind words regarding our property. I'm very glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that you were well satisfied with our staff and amenities, including the free airport shuttle. We look forward to seeing you again next year. If you have any questions regarding your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed here with my brother years ago on a trip to Vegas where we were trying to save our money for craps and cards and other mischief. Obviously we weren't expecting much from a Super 8 Motel but this one was pretty damn bleak and depressing, it had the vibe of where someone like Nick Cage from Leaving Las Vegas would go to drink themselves to death. The rooms were dirty and poorly maintained, stains on the bed covers, grubby towels, I was scared to touch anything without sanitizing myself afterwards. Also while it is technically right next to the strip it occupies this sort of sketchy wasteland away from the casinos so it's a little sketchy walking back at night. I'm all for not blowing big money in Vegas on the rooms but I'll know better next time to not stoop this low

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I see that you stated you stayed here years ago. We have since gone through a multi-million dollar renovation and are under new management. I hope you come see us again someday. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Super 8

Been to Super 8 Las Vegas? Share your experiences!