“Great location to the LAS Vegas Strip. We had a clean...” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #131 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Recommended as low option, cost was twice that of the person that recommended, rooms were obviously old and not kept up to date. Felt a bit unsafe here. Not a place I would eat breakfast, lobby dingy and inviting.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

James C, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay with us here at the Super 8. As you stated, we are a low cost option for those wanting to stay near the strip but not pay strip prices and also not sacrifice customer service and cleanliness. While I'm not sure who recommended you to us or what rate they had during their stay, I can tell you that our rate changes on a daily basis due to our occupancy, what day of the week it is, or if there is some sort of convention or event happening in town. It could be one of these cases why your rate was different then the person who recommended you to us. It's always a good idea to call a hotel you are statying at in advance to check rates that way there are no surprises when you arrive.

I would be curious to hear why you felt a bit "unsafe" at our property seeing as how we employ a 24 hour security staff. Also, I'm a bit surprised to hear that you felt our rooms were old and out of date seeing as we recently underwent a multi million dollar renovation that included all of the rooms, hallways, lobby and pool area.

I hope that you reconsider and decide to give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. I feel that the Super 8 is a wonderful place to stay in Las Vegas and I would love another chance to prove that to you. If you have any questions regarding your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Pembroke, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Spent three weeks here and although first appearances made me think oh dear can honestly say it was fab. Rooms although a little dated were large and had all we needed. Staff on front desk were lovely and the free shuttle to airport was a brilliant touch. Maybe needs a little love and attention but we are going back next year. Loved the pool which was nice and clean and the loungers and towels were fine. Thanks for a good stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back facing the pool very peaceful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for the kind words regarding our property. I'm very glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that you were well satisfied with our staff and amenities, including the free airport shuttle. We look forward to seeing you again next year. If you have any questions regarding your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed here with my brother years ago on a trip to Vegas where we were trying to save our money for craps and cards and other mischief. Obviously we weren't expecting much from a Super 8 Motel but this one was pretty damn bleak and depressing, it had the vibe of where someone like Nick Cage from Leaving Las Vegas would go to drink themselves to death. The rooms were dirty and poorly maintained, stains on the bed covers, grubby towels, I was scared to touch anything without sanitizing myself afterwards. Also while it is technically right next to the strip it occupies this sort of sketchy wasteland away from the casinos so it's a little sketchy walking back at night. I'm all for not blowing big money in Vegas on the rooms but I'll know better next time to not stoop this low

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I see that you stated you stayed here years ago. We have since gone through a multi-million dollar renovation and are under new management. I hope you come see us again someday. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Norfolk, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were lucky enough to find this hotel pretty cheap on Booking.com, so we booked there. Although the rooms were clean, we had to phone the front desk to have our room cleaned and get fresh linens the first day we stayed. Front desk workers were somewhat difficult to understand because they didn't know English really well. There are drinks, but no breakfast as in most other Super 8's we've stayed. It is located just a couple blocks off the strip, so convenience gives it a plus. We didn't use the outdoor pool, but plently ot other people certainly had fun in it! It also has an elevator, so that's helpful if you have a lot of luggage.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Super 8 in Las Vegas. I'm pleased to see that you had mostly positive remarks about our property and amenities. I do want to mention that I understand the issue you seemed to have with communicating with some of our front desk staff. We employ a very nice woman from Korea who is dedicated to customer service, very engaging and friendly and always has the customer's best interests in mind. However, English is not her native language and she can be a tiny bit difficult to understand on rare occasions. Most of our guests find her very kind and helpful, though, and she is very knowledgable about the city and our hotel.

I hope that you decide to stay with us again the next time you are in Las Vegas as we appreciate your business. If you have any questions regarding your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Super 8

Been to Super 8 Las Vegas? Share your experiences!