“Value without any frills” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Las Vegas
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4250 Koval Lane, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Ranked #133 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Norfolk, Nebraska
“Value without any frills”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were lucky enough to find this hotel pretty cheap on Booking.com, so we booked there. Although the rooms were clean, we had to phone the front desk to have our room cleaned and get fresh linens the first day we stayed. Front desk workers were somewhat difficult to understand because they didn't know English really well. There are drinks, but no breakfast as in most other Super 8's we've stayed. It is located just a couple blocks off the strip, so convenience gives it a plus. We didn't use the outdoor pool, but plently ot other people certainly had fun in it! It also has an elevator, so that's helpful if you have a lot of luggage.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Super 8 in Las Vegas. I'm pleased to see that you had mostly positive remarks about our property and amenities. I do want to mention that I understand the issue you seemed to have with communicating with some of our front desk staff. We employ a very nice woman from Korea who is dedicated to customer service, very engaging and friendly and always has the customer's best interests in mind. However, English is not her native language and she can be a tiny bit difficult to understand on rare occasions. Most of our guests find her very kind and helpful, though, and she is very knowledgable about the city and our hotel.

I hope that you decide to stay with us again the next time you are in Las Vegas as we appreciate your business. If you have any questions regarding your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Polish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We did not plan on staying at the Super 8; however, due to an emergency situation, we had to make a last minute stop. The hotel staff was uninformed as to their location and directions to get to them; the bedspreads were dirty, staff sitting in the lobby early in the morning and taking smoking breaks, no water in vending machines, bathtub in disrepair and generally a feeling of uncleanliness.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than super and that it was during a less than ideal situation. I see you stated that our hotel staff was not able to inform you of the location of our hotel and directions to us as well. This is a bit surprising to me as we train all of our hotel staff to be able to do this. I will be speaking to them in the near future to ensure that they all have the proper information to provide to guests. Maybe it was some sort of miscommunication. As far as taking smoking breaks, we do allow our staff 2 short breaks per day on top of their designated lunch break and they are allowed to smoke in the designated smoking areas. I apologize if this seemed out of place to you.

I'm also surprised to hear that you did not see any water in our vending machines. I personally buy one or two bottled waters a day from our vending machines (it is important to stay hydrated) and I know that the vending company comes in twice a week to make sure all of our machines are well stocked. I'm not sure how this could have happened and I do apologize.

I hope that this does not sour you on the Super 8 here in Las Vegas as I feel that this can be a wonderful place to stay near the strip without paying the strip prices. The vast majority of our guests have very pleasant stays here and I hope that we get another opportunity to serve you in the future to show you this. If you have any questions regarding your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Winnipeg Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Room was clean, but wasn't made up until late in the day. Walk to the strip was longer than anticipated (very long 1 block). 7/11 next door very convenient. Casino next door with excellent restaurant. Not very sound-proof - heard comings and goings all night long. A small fridge would have been great.

Room Tip: Rooms close to exit doors are noisy, as well as rooms close to pool area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay with us here at the Super 8. I'm glad to hear that you were overrall satisfied with your stay here and felt we were a good value. I am a bit dismayed to see that there were a few things not to your satisfaction during your stay. It seems that your biggest issue was with the noise level. As I'm sure you are aware, Las Vegas is a 24 hour city and many guests come and go late at night and it can get a bit noisy. However, we do employ a 24 hour security staff to deal with any noise complaints or similar issues. You need only call the front desk and our security staff will be more than happy to quiet someone down or they will be escorted off property.

I hope that you decide to stay with us again in the future as I feel the Super 8 can be a wonderful place to stay while in Las Vegas. If you have any questions for me about your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Don't be fooled by the review score or pictures of this hotel as we were left extremely disappointed when seeing it in the flesh! Firstly, the whole place needs to be renovated, it is tired and dated. The first impression of the reception is depressing and it doesn't get any better than that. The hallways are unclean and the stench of stale cigarette smoke /other peculiar smells are like a smack in the face when you step out of your room/lift. Its the sort of place you don't want to put your belongings on the floor. Then the rooms, khaki and mustard, nicotine stained light fittings, curtains hanging of pole, had to re-use towels we left on the floor cause we didn't get our room cleaned (despite leaving it available all day 3 days in). The wifi connection was awful. However the staff were friendly and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm sorry to hear that your stay was less than super. First off, I'm not sure what you mean by our review scores. How can someone be fooled by a review score when it is someone's honest opinion of our hotel? It means that most guests are pleased and satisfied with their stay, although you unfortunately were not.

As to your statement that our property needs to be renovated, we recently underwent a multi million dollar renovation that included all of our rooms, hallways, lobby and pool area. I'm curious as to why you thought our lobby looked depressing. Most guests like the retro look we have in the lobby. It seems to me that your dissatisfaction with the hotel decor is a matter of taste and not one of the hotel needing renovating, as seen in your complaints about the color scheme of the room.

I hope that this experience did not sour you on staying at the Super 8 again in the future. Hopefully you decide to give us another chance to serve you as I see you were satisfied with the customer service provided by our staff. If you have any questions for me about your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Underwood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Generally we are happy with Las Vegas Super 8 because they provide shuttle service to the airport. If they didn't we'd find another motel. However, the room was "de-odorized" to the point that we knew there was something to be covered up. The rug was ancient, the sink was seriously cracked and the headboard didn't match the king size bed among other things. I had to adjust the color on the TV - it was BAD. So, we knew the room was ready for re-modeling. I don't thin there was a continental breakfast at 5 AM whwn we left. Again, we are generally happy with Super 8 Las Vegas and plan to stay again this Fall. Paul Dietz

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Super 8 in Las Vegas. I see that you stated you are generally happy with your stays with us and that you are planning on returning in the fall to stay with us again. While I'm very glad to hear this, I am dismayed to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations.

As far as the room being deodorized, it is a common practice in hotels, especially in the smoking rooms, to deodorize the rooms as many guests can be sensitive to smells left by other guests. Also, our hotel is pet friendly so rooms are deodorized for that reason as well. I can assure you that we are not trying to cover something up. Also, our rugs were recently replaced last year so I wouldn't go so far as to call them ancient. As for the TV color needing to be adjusted, sometimes guests will fiddle with the remote and the settings can get a bit messed up, so that may hav been the issue.

We do appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again later this year. If you have any questions for me about your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Super 8

Been to Super 8 Las Vegas? Share your experiences!