“Not bad for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #131 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Winnipeg Beach
“Not bad for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Room was clean, but wasn't made up until late in the day. Walk to the strip was longer than anticipated (very long 1 block). 7/11 next door very convenient. Casino next door with excellent restaurant. Not very sound-proof - heard comings and goings all night long. A small fridge would have been great.

Room Tip: Rooms close to exit doors are noisy, as well as rooms close to pool area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay with us here at the Super 8. I'm glad to hear that you were overrall satisfied with your stay here and felt we were a good value. I am a bit dismayed to see that there were a few things not to your satisfaction during your stay. It seems that your biggest issue was with the noise level. As I'm sure you are aware, Las Vegas is a 24 hour city and many guests come and go late at night and it can get a bit noisy. However, we do employ a 24 hour security staff to deal with any noise complaints or similar issues. You need only call the front desk and our security staff will be more than happy to quiet someone down or they will be escorted off property.

I hope that you decide to stay with us again in the future as I feel the Super 8 can be a wonderful place to stay while in Las Vegas. If you have any questions for me about your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Don't be fooled by the review score or pictures of this hotel as we were left extremely disappointed when seeing it in the flesh! Firstly, the whole place needs to be renovated, it is tired and dated. The first impression of the reception is depressing and it doesn't get any better than that. The hallways are unclean and the stench of stale cigarette smoke /other peculiar smells are like a smack in the face when you step out of your room/lift. Its the sort of place you don't want to put your belongings on the floor. Then the rooms, khaki and mustard, nicotine stained light fittings, curtains hanging of pole, had to re-use towels we left on the floor cause we didn't get our room cleaned (despite leaving it available all day 3 days in). The wifi connection was awful. However the staff were friendly and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm sorry to hear that your stay was less than super. First off, I'm not sure what you mean by our review scores. How can someone be fooled by a review score when it is someone's honest opinion of our hotel? It means that most guests are pleased and satisfied with their stay, although you unfortunately were not.

As to your statement that our property needs to be renovated, we recently underwent a multi million dollar renovation that included all of our rooms, hallways, lobby and pool area. I'm curious as to why you thought our lobby looked depressing. Most guests like the retro look we have in the lobby. It seems to me that your dissatisfaction with the hotel decor is a matter of taste and not one of the hotel needing renovating, as seen in your complaints about the color scheme of the room.

I hope that this experience did not sour you on staying at the Super 8 again in the future. Hopefully you decide to give us another chance to serve you as I see you were satisfied with the customer service provided by our staff. If you have any questions for me about your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Underwood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Generally we are happy with Las Vegas Super 8 because they provide shuttle service to the airport. If they didn't we'd find another motel. However, the room was "de-odorized" to the point that we knew there was something to be covered up. The rug was ancient, the sink was seriously cracked and the headboard didn't match the king size bed among other things. I had to adjust the color on the TV - it was BAD. So, we knew the room was ready for re-modeling. I don't thin there was a continental breakfast at 5 AM whwn we left. Again, we are generally happy with Super 8 Las Vegas and plan to stay again this Fall. Paul Dietz

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Super 8 in Las Vegas. I see that you stated you are generally happy with your stays with us and that you are planning on returning in the fall to stay with us again. While I'm very glad to hear this, I am dismayed to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations.

As far as the room being deodorized, it is a common practice in hotels, especially in the smoking rooms, to deodorize the rooms as many guests can be sensitive to smells left by other guests. Also, our hotel is pet friendly so rooms are deodorized for that reason as well. I can assure you that we are not trying to cover something up. Also, our rugs were recently replaced last year so I wouldn't go so far as to call them ancient. As for the TV color needing to be adjusted, sometimes guests will fiddle with the remote and the settings can get a bit messed up, so that may hav been the issue.

We do appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again later this year. If you have any questions for me about your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Sacramento
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Housekeeping didn't notice tub drain not working/left soap packs previously wet on arrival (wrinkled packages!); Mold in corners of tub surround area; Front desk staff was very helpful/friendly, but do they follow-up with lax housekeeping???

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

James C, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I would first off like to apologize if your stay with us was anything less than super. We here at the Super 8 pride ourselves in being a low cost, friendly, family hotel that is warm, quiet and above all else clean. Normally our housekeeping staff does an excellent job and I cannot explain the oversight of your room, but I will definitely be speaking to the housekeeping staff about this. I'm very sorry to hear about this but I am glad to see that the rest of our staff was very helpful and friendly during your stay. I hope this doesn't sour you on staying with us at the Super 8 and I hope that you come visit us again the next time you are in Las Vegas. If you have any questions about your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

The room was very nice and clean. Staff was exceptional. Distance from strip was close by....would recommend this hotel to family and friends. Will stay again when I visit in May. The Casino next door was great, a walk across the hallway and there you are. Parking was not an issue and checking in waa fast and easy. Overall the staff helped us and we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed February 2013
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your stay with us at the Super 8. I'm extremely pleased to hear that you had such a great stay, were satisfied with our location, and that you found our staff to be exceptional. It's our goal to hopefully make each guest as satisfied with their stay as you were with yours.

Thank you for the kind words and recommendation, and we look forward to seeing you again in May. If you have any questions regarding your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Super 8

Been to Super 8 Las Vegas? Share your experiences!