“Short stay” 3 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Las Vegas to your Saves list
Super 8 Las Vegas
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4250 Koval Lane, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Ranked #135 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Polish first
leicester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights visiting a trade show. For me it was typical Super 8. Ok and reasonable for the price which for Las Vegas was very reasonable. I had no problems with the shuttle, arriving during the evening at LV airport. I phoned and they came straight away in fact the first time my bags were late arriving and they missed me but came back for me when I phoned again. Room was OK. Breakfast at Ellis Island was good value and certainly not the worse I ve had. The steak deal is really good value as others have said although it costs 10.99 without a voucher but even so not bad and the beer is really good. It s within walking distance of the Strip and Flamingo which has some very nice restaurants on it.
I d recommend it as a reasonable budget option for a few nights.
Staff seemed quite helpful and polite to me.
I d stay there again if I had to go back to Vegas for a day or two.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on the top floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you for the kind words regarding our property. It is reviews like yours that help us continually improve our hotel. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and consider us to be a great value while in Las Vegas. I also would like to thank you for recommending the Super 8 to other travelers. We hope that you come back to stay with us again soon. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We redeemed our Wyndham rewards for this one and perhaps that's why we were assigned a room by the elevator and ice machine. It was still fairly quiet. Only a couple of parties moving down the hall woke us during the night. Our room had a TV, hair dryer, mini coffee maker, newer carpet and extra fluffy towels. No free breakfast at this Super 8, but there is a buffet nearby.

The hotel is not too far from the main strip and about three exits from the airport. The associates checking us in and out were nice. Wifi was free, but there's a charge to use their computer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is comments like yours that help us to continually improve our customer service and property. I'm glad that you found our property satisfactory and that our staff was was friendly and accomodating. I hope that you had a great experience with us and that you will choose us again if you are ever in the Las Vegas area. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

If you want a bed rash, no sleep and poor customer service, don't hesitate to book a room at the Super 8 on Koval Lane asap.

Extra bonuses include being awakened by the fire alarm at 1:00 am (not once, but 6 more times before morning , I kid you not) and all staff are proud holders of "Worst Customer Service of the Year Award"

Upon waking on my sleepless "fire alarm" night at this dive hotel, I asked the manager if they had the fire alarm fixed. She laughed at me and said "didn't get any sleep , did you?" then walked to the back room. Her childish attitude was shocking, to say the least.

Before arrival, I booked a hotel shuttle to pick me up from the airport- it arrived an hour later than scheduled. I called the hotel about 45 minutes in, where a staff member named Grace yelled at me, said "IT WILL BE THERE!!!!!!" and hung up the phone on me. Thanks Grace.

Yelling seems to be the norm here....after about the 4th fire alarm on the night of the 13th, (out of 6 total fire alarms) I called the front desk and asked the man what's going on with all the fire alarms. To which, he yelled at me and said "IT"S A FALSE ALARM!!!!!!!NOTHING I CAN DO MA'AM"!!!!!! then hung up on me. I swear, Super 8, you're ridiculous. I'll never stay here again. I cut my stay short and moved to another hotel.

Oh, and let's not forget waking up with a complete rash on my body from the bedsheets. I had to wear my jacket all day at my business meeting to cover up my arms. This place is a nightmare.

Whoever owns this place, I challenge you to survive a night here.
Have fun with the heating system.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. I hear the Comfort Inn has similar prices and it's not too far from he...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
I'm very sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than ideal. I want to personally apologize for the issue we experienced with our fire alarm that evening. A guest in one of the rooms on the first floor damaged the fire alarm in their room which caused the alarm to go off in the entire hotel. Our diligent front desk staff immediately called the fire department and the alarm system company to have someone come out to shut it off as they were unable to do so. I am well aware of the inconvenience this could cause and rest assured every step was taken that night to rectify the matter as quickly as possible. While I know an apology does little to get back your lost sleep, you have my sincerest apology nevertheless.

In regards to a rash you say you suffered here, I can assure you that all of our sheets, blankets, pillow cases, etc. are washed daily with non-allergic, irritant free detergent.

Finally, I questioned the two employees you claimed yelled at you during your stay and both deny doing any such thing. We here at Super 8 hold all of our employees to the highest standards of honesty and integrity. For this reason, I do not think they would lie to me about a matter of this import. However, I do not wish to accuse you of being less than truthful either. I know you have your reasons for not wishing to stay here again. However, I would like to offer you a free night's stay with us, as an apology, if you would like to give us another chance. This issue we experienced with the fire alarm is not the norm. Our property is a wonderful place to stay while in Las Vegas and I hope we can show you that someday.

Super 8

Been to Super 8 Las Vegas? Share your experiences!