“Great for Park, Sleep, Fly” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #135 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
St. George, Utah
“Great for Park, Sleep, Fly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night before our trip and 1 night after. We used their shuttle to and from the airport. We selected this hotel over others nearby that offer an airport shuttle because they have a 24 hour shuttle service. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. When I called after my trip for pick-up, the woman who answered gave me the best, easy to follow directions to the shuttle pick-up location that I have ever received. We had one of their larger rooms with frig before our trip and a standard room when we returned. Everything was clean, in working order, and the bed was comfortable in both rooms. The standard room is quite small but all we needed for 1 night. There is a small casino with restaurant right next door. We got sub sandwiches and took them to our room to eat. The casino is pretty smoky but the sandwiches were really good.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
Queen Creek, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We stayed here based on a review in tripadvisor. We stayed in this motel on a Wednesday and Thursday night so the rate was cheaper than on the weekend but even though, it's definitely cheaper than the other hotels on the strip. It is within walking distance of the strip, about 10 minutes. The staff is definitely friendly and helpful. Free wifi and no resort fees. The motel is old, tub was stained, rooms are blah, but the beds were comfy and non-smoking room was clean and quiet. Just a place to sleep cause we hardly spent any time in there ;o)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Northwest Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights, one at beginning of trip and one at end of trip in March 2012.

Upon arrival in Vegas, my mom feel on the jetway and had to be seen in emergency room. Called motel and told them the situation and that we would probably not make it in to the motel until after midnight. Eight hours later, we finally get to motel to find that they have actually changed our reservation to the next day so that we could check in whenever we arrived and could actually not worry about checking out until we were ready to!!! Even though we be checking into our timeshare that same day and did not need to stay the whole time, it was SWEET!!!! They also gave us a room without any neighbors so that we could get some sleep. We were going on 26 hrs plus without sleep. The free internet made it possible for me to quickly locate mobility scooter rentals so that our 10 trip could still be saved.

We returned after checking out of our timeshare as we were still in town for another day. We were assigned the exact same room as our first stay. We had our luggage delivered ahead of us, and they gals on duty took great care of them for us. Manager even escorted us to our room and helped get luggage to room. Not something that is "normal" at a location like this.

Checked out the next morning. Left our luggage at the front desk and told them we would be back later that night to use the airport shuttle and drop off our scooters. NO PROBLEM!!! This is again NOT the typical for a motel like this. When we returned, discussed our pleasant experience with the manager, especially under the circumstances. This place really went above and beyond to assist us as much as possible.

The one and only drawback was the shuttle driver who stated to me, "I don't want to be here". He then also delivered us to the wrong airline gates. Had to deal with 4 pieces of luggage and mother on crutches across 4 lanes of traffic and into some place where she could sit down and I could go get skycap.

Highly recommend this motel. Is close to the strip without being out of the way either. Next door to Ellis Island which has really cheap red-eye meals.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I arrived on Friday (Feb 24) and spent 2 nights here so far, this is my last night here... I'm here because of work and just wanted somewhere at a decent price... Well this is it! The staff here are friendly, there is lots of room for my truck, Internet is great as well as the flat screen TV... I've spent most of my time walking around while here in town, so it's nice to have a comfortable bed and not waking up with a sore back, so thanks for the comfortable mattress! My room was nice and clean all three days, and I didn't notice any smells in the halls, at least on the second floor in my area.

I see from a previous post that a 1.5 million dollar renovation was done... I guess the bath tubs were not included, mine looks like someone took a pick axe to the bottom of the tub, and the seal must not be that great since there seems to be a bit of water on the floor once I'm done showering.

Other than that one little "negative", I'd stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: I was on the second floor overlooking the Pool... it seemed to be a decent location... although I wa...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Good location, close to the Strip.
Friendly people at the front desk.
Not clean rooms and smelly hallways.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Stayed here as part of a pre-organised trip in January 2012 for 2 nights.

If you've stayed at a Super 8 before, then you should know what you're getting. The place is in a great location, off the Strip so you don't have the traffic noise, lights and crowds but you can easily walk there in 10/15 minutes.

I had a twin room (two double beds) on the ground floor (first floor if you're American). Check-in was quick - had a view of the car park but wasn't there for a view from my room! There was a wardrobe, flat screen TV (didn't check if it worked though), alarm clock and coffee making facilities. The sink was outside the bathroom (like a lot of US hotels) and had a tonne of freebies (free hair wax and toothpaste samples), plus the usual shower/body gel. There were plenty of towels and hot water and the bathroom had a shower over a bath and was a good size. The bathroom fixtures were a bit dated though but clean and functional.

This Super 8 doesn't offer free breakfast like most do but does have free coffee available in the lobby (I loathe coffee so the smell was off-putting, but for the vast majority, this is a good thing!). The hotel's right next door to a casino that serves good food - had a breakfast there one morning, which was well priced and had the usual large American portions. There're also vending machines in the Super 8 for water and other drinks you might want. The free WiFi was a good speed and had a good signal in most areas.

A few people have commented on the area this Super 8 is in - I didn't have any problem walking to the Strip and felt pretty safe walking back on my own as there was plenty of traffic going past and you could always get a taxi.

Overall, would recommend staying here as it's a good base for seeing Vegas and you can get away from the bustle of the Strip, whilst still being close enough to enjoy it when you want to.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

This Super 8 was a real surprise. It's not glitzy but beautifully located within walking distance of the Cosmopolitan, Paris Las Vegas, and Caesar's Palace. The single rooms are a bit small but nicely furnished. The staff is nice and helpful. The continental breakfast is good and there is a terrific 24 hr. coffee machine in the lobby where you can get cappucinos and hot cocoa as well. Across the driveway is Ellis Island -- a casino, microbrewery, and 24 hour restaurant which has terrific food. And, did I mention the price? You can probably get a deal in the neighborhood of $35/day. This is a great place for an economical visit to Vegas, especially for a walker to explore the Strip.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Las Vegas? Share your experiences!