“Luxor the Best experience So Far in Vegas” 5 of 5 stars

Best Rate Guaranteed!
Ranked #81 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Eagan, Minnesota
“Luxor the Best experience So Far in Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Luxor the Best experience So Far in Vegas. I stayed in many Hotels in my lifetime in Vegas. Always liked the Luxor. Has the Best pool area with shop and drinks. Very neat and clean and has the Classy look of the Pool.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,532)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

It makes you feel so welcome u don't want to leave!!
The employees are so nice great deal on the stay it was worth every penny very classic luxor got swag!! Great location in the center of downtown on bus route plenty of shopping at outlets and downtown always something to do

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Iron Mountain, Mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This is our annual couple's getaway... we love going, we hate leaving, and without a doubt we'll be returning. The rooms are always perfect and the gaming is fun. As MLife members and returning customers, the promotions we receive make our trips affordable.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The Luxor is a decent deal for the price. This is my second, and last, stay here. The lobby and gaming area still look nice so I'll give them props for keeping those spaces up. Hop on the pyramid's elevators and you'll wonder if the maintenance crew is on strike. Step into your room and you'll be lucky if the a/c cools it down. We were in an east room (facing McCarran) and the room was at least 85 degrees when we arrived (about 3pm). After being gone all day and arriving well after midnight the room was, oh, about 82 degrees. It was too late to move rooms but the front desk said they'd credit us the resort fee for both nights and move us the next day. Before switching rooms, the maintenance guy arrived and said their staff gets complaints for climate control in the pyramid - especially the east side - all the time. Nothing they can do.

We moved into a tower room that was considered an upgrade. Why? Who knows...maybe because the a/c works. The manager said it was a straight-up move and no charge and he confirmed the resort credit for both days. You know where this is going, right? When I checked out we were charged for both days' resort fees plus the room upgrade. Oh yeah, the a/c in the tower room worked...and leaked water like crazy. The entire floor between the bed and a/c, stretching at least six feet from the wall, was soaked. I didn't even bother to mention it because I figured our next "upgrade" would be a janitor's closet. So, after complaining to two more people to correct the charges, and walking away with an itemized bill clearly indicating the fees were corrected, my credit card statement arrived with the original charge intact. I'm now on my fourth communication with the Luxor's alleged customer relations team. To date, I've received an identical copy of the correct paper bill but no credit to my account. And, the hotel hasn't responded to my last two emails.

I know I'm in the minority of guests and 99% of people probably have a good experience. Don't get me wrong, the $29 deals they're advertising are outstanding deals. Just know that if you have a problem you may have to spend a little extra time to get it corrected, and the staff is not empowered to do much apart from trivial credits.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, avoid the pyramid rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Upon arrival we checked in and paid the extra 20 for early check in. Front desk was fast and courteous. Room in Pyramid on 17th floor had shower which is fantastic.If you want a tub go for the tower rooms which is also larger Left players cards at home so had to go to M-Life desk where my wife got $25 slot play because it was her birthday. After playing a few slots we when to pick up our Show tickets (Zarkana) and got a upgrade to floor seats. Even without the extras this place has really gotten back on track. If you have never been her it is connected to both Mandalay Bay and Excalibur without stepping outside. If you do not have a players club M-Life card SIGN UP.
Dining options include a buffet which has some nice dishes and great deserts. Public House is an upscale café serving great food and drink and our favorite is Tender, a steakhouse to rival the best.
Pool is very large and easy to get to from your room.
If you enjoy shopping there ios plenty at the attached Mandalay Place which has more great dining options, Burger Bar with its burgers for every taste will make you think differently about this American classic.
If you fly in this is one of the closest Strip hotels to the Airport.

Room Tip: Pyramid room are slightly smaller and have shower instead of tub/shower combo
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
WOODBURY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I had a wonderful time the rooms there only flaw was no hot water but the room was keep clean the stay wad awesome I'm ready to go back Viva Las Vegas a great place to stay but me I'm always looking for different places to experience to c all the shows in different places the Luxor has a great show the chris angle believe it's awesome give the Luxor two thumbs up

• Stayed July 2014
Seaside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I dont have any complaints with the hotel at all. I enjoyed it. I will definitely be booking the luxor for next years event. I loved how Fat Tuesday was just around the corner lol. I didnt see any of the shows being too busy walking the strip and too tired after dancing all night.

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Luxor Las Vegas? Share your experiences!