“20th Anniversary” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #74 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
“20th Anniversary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel. Well worth a visit. Criss Angel show was mind blowing. Rooms are spacious and clean. No WiFi on rooms. Buffet restaurant is well worth it and loads of choice. Reception very polite and helpful. Loads to do within the hotel from gambling in the casino's to visiting the Titanic museum. Make sure you use the discount booklet as it comes in handy.

Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,992)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
sobieski
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Room was nice a working hot tub would have been better. Ron White and Menapause were great. Food was great, craps table staff were awesome, friendly, and helpful. I have ALS and all your staff were more than helpful from renting a wheel chair to getting a cab. I look forward to returning in January.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I liked just about everything. The rooms were nice and clean staff was great. The buffet was so so and the resort fee was the only negative thing I didn't see any extras for the extra fee. Other then that it was great.

• Stayed December 2012
Dumfries, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

At around $30 a night it was less than you'd expect to pay at a roadside motel but far far nicer surroundings. It isn't perhaps as glamerous as the neighbouring Mandalay Bay but quite comfortable for my stay. For anyone that isn't keen on heights then maybe ask to stay in one of the tower buildings as although the view over the galleries down into the pyramid is impressive it's a long way down!!
The room was large, clean and comfortable with a view towards the south end of the Strip, which is mainly an airport view. The staff were all pleasant and the checkin/out was dealt with very quickly with the minimum of delay.
The only real downside I felt was the casino location at the south end of the Strip. It's quite a walk to the busier area around The Venetian, Mirage, etc but not the end of the world.
All in all a great stay and would definetly stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The Staff at the Luxor are freindly and professional. My room was very lovely and clean. Luxor is located in the heart of the Strip with availabe transportation options. The Luxor allows you to travel via Train to adjacent hotels. Great amenities and can't wait to return to Las Vegas, must visit and a must stay at the Luxor.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Luxor for 4 days this month, we just got back and I really wanted to write this review to let other travellers know our experience at the hotel. This was not my first visit to Las Vegas, I have been there at least 10 times and stayed at different hotels over the years. This was however, my husband's first visit. We have both come across different people in customer service jobs, and had different experiences both good and bad. Our stay at the Luxor from beginning to end was amazing. We chose this hotel for the cost of it, amazing stay at a low cost. We stayed in the pyramid area of the hotel, the parking was situated very nicely and easy to access from where we were. Inside we were greeted so nicely by staff from the front desk to those on the casino floor, They were some of the friendliest people we've ever met. Our room was on the 17th floor, very nice, if the hotel showed it age to other reviewers we didn't see it, it certainly would not deter us from giving this excellent review.
The room was clean, and housekeeping staff did an excellent job on each day of our stay.
We were always greeted promptly anytime we looked like we needed anything. My husband and I were waiting for a taxicab to take us to the airport for a daytrip we made to LA and we had no idea if we were in the right place, before we could ask there was hotel security to ask if we needed anything. Service with a smile. The only problem we had was when my husband and I dined at Tender and my husband inadvertently left our receipt behind after forgetting to have his playcard credited for the dinner. He approached a young woman to see about getting the card credited and was told they couldn't do it without the receipt. This was of course understandable, but when he told them he didn't have a copy of it as he had forgotten it on the table, was not offered a copy, the girl was pretty standoffish from what he told me. We had spent over $120 for the dinner. He came back to me to tell me, I thought this was ridiculous, I then walked over from the casino floor to ask for the copy. I was greeted by a much nicer lady who then made us the copy. As I stated earlier we wouldn't penalize the hotel with a less than excellent review because of the ignorance of one individual. We would certainly stay at the hotel again and would not hesitate to suggest it to our friends and relatives. If we could offer an even bigger than 5/5 review we would. Thank you to the hotel and staff for our staff. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for suggestions for those who have mobility problems, ie a room closer to the ele...
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Luxor was offering an inexpensive room deal ($25 per night) so we decided to take advantage of it. We had never stayed there before so we did not know anything about the hotel. It looks very exotic and different inside and out (architecturally, of course). The gambling features are the same all over Vegas. Once we got there, though, they slapped $18 per person resort fee (don't know why) and a 12% hotel tax. The location of this hotel is at one end of the Las Vegas strip, so if you are planning to take a look at all the interesting casinos, you either walk 4 miles each way or buy a 24 hour bus pass for $8 per person and get on and off as you wish. The hotel itself and ammenities were just OK (the pool was closed for the season). It certainly does not compete with the newer properties in Vegas. It was a good bargain for a quick 2-day escape.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Luxor Las Vegas? Share your experiences!