“Meh...Very Meh” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland, Queensland, Australia
“Meh...Very Meh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Room was dull and casino is dark and boring, everything was sooo expensive and the bloody sales people trying to get us to go to Timeshare's was annoying to say the least! will not be staying again. Stay at Circus , its just as far down the street as luxor and more fun and better value

Room Tip: Stay at Circus Circus instead
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,863)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

On my only other previous trip to Las Vegas, I had stayed at The Venetian, so I was really expecting a severe downgrade with the Luxor. However, my husband and I were very pleased with nearly every aspect of our stay.

The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. The bathroom was spacious with marble countertops, a walk-in shower, and a bathtub (which we didn't use). The room temperature was easy to set and -- unlike so many hotels -- it wasn't freezing when we walked in, which I really appreciated.

We ate at the Pyramid Restaurant for breakfast where I had THE BEST ciabatta, bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich (I'm seriously still dreaming about it). We also ate at the Public House sports bar. I had been expecting basic bar food -- the logo of the restaurant is, after all, about as genaric looking as it could possibly be -- but we really liked our food. My husband got a chicken sandwich and fries on an onion roll, and I had a VERY tasty brie and turkey sandwich on fresh soft wheat bread. If either of these restaurants were in our hometown, we'd frequent them, and we'd definitely return if we were nearby on our next Vegas trip.

My only one complaint was room service. After a rough night on Friday, I couldn't make it downstairs to eat on Saturday, so I called room service. After being told -- at an off time -- that the wait was 45-55 minutes, I was told that there was no credit card on file for my room (which wasn't true) and that the room service system only accepted cash. Not that I wanted to pay $18 for chicken noodle soup and soda, but still....

By choosing to stay on the strip, you agree to long walks from the front of the hotel to your room, so while it's an annoyance, there was no surprise. All in all, the walk to our tower room wasn't too bad.

Room Tip: Stay in a tower room -- AVOID the Pyramid!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Fun place to stay, got a great rate on the internet and wanted to stay longer than we could. Was a little too far from the actual strip but we
sure liked it. We especially liked the restaurants and food.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Burlingame, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Luxor is a bit long in the tooth, but still offers most of the glitz and gimmicks of the Strip mid level casino hotels. Its busy, with plenty of machines and gambling, along with lots of shopping and eateries. it is connected to both Excalibur and Mandalay Bay, which are adjoining and owned by the same group. Rooms in the pyramid are getting a bit old, while the new towers have pretty new rooms, including both bathtubs and showers. Eateries are generally overpriced, with mixed levels of food quality. The taco bar has pretty good snacks and excellent drinks which are 2 for 1 most of the afternoon. Nothing incredible, but overall fairly comfortable at very competitive pricing.

Room Tip: stay in the tower...its quieter with newer rooms....also, free shuttle bus to and from the airport...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ft worth, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Upgraded to suite for a great price. Ron's are a bit old and worn, but facility was clean, staff helpful and overall an enjoyable stay. Nice that the Luxor, Mandalay bay, and Excalibur are all connected by team a d interior passageway. I'd give this resort a high rating in the middle of the road class.

• Stayed November 2012
Green Valley, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Our first time to stay at the Luxor and it will be our last time. We've stayed at a sister property, the MGM Grand so perhaps our expectations were too high. Unfortunately this hotel doesn't live up to anything I've ever experienced and I travel about 30 times a year. Let me itemize our issues:
1. Took 15 to 20 minutes to check-in, only to be greeted by a surly clerk.
2. We requested a room away from the elevator only to discover our room was directly across from the elevator. No, we didn't go back to the front desk to complain we didn't want to wait another 20 minutes.
3. We requested 2 extra pillows, yes the front desk clerk confirmed this request, but the pillows never arrived.
4. The hallway to our room was dark and uninviting with the carpet buckled and frayed way beyond any semblance of "sericeable". We felt we could've been mugged in the hallway.
5. There was a hole in the wall of our room, nice.
6. Two of the electrical outlet plates were loose and falling off the wall.
7. The floor lamp was falling apart (literally) it looked like it could tumble at any time.
8. The table lamps were glued to the night stands (why)?
9. Repairs made to the wallpaper had come loose and fallen off the wall in the bathroom.
10. Upon turning on the shower the entire room was sprayed with water and I had to manually tighten the shower head to stop it. The question that came to mind is why wouldn't the housekeeping staff notice this when cleaning and at least report it to maintenance?
11. There was a large hole in the wall where the sprinkler system sprinkler came out that wasn't covered by plate, nice.
12. The cover to the light fixture in the bathroom was askew. When I tried to align it, my hands got filthy from the dirt.
13. In today's environment to discover that there wasn't an available coffee pot to make coffee or tea was very surprising. Even Holiday Inn Express provides those.
14. We were charged a daily resort fee only to discover both the swimming pool and spa were both closed.
15. When we encountered any staff in the hallway or elevators none of them were cordial or friendly. Sorry if I'm imposing by staying here.
16. The public restrooms were no better, dirty, disgusting, holes in the stall partitions, urine or tobacco juice on the floor, vomit in the urinals. eeeww.
17. Witnessed the sheriff arresting someone in the casino, nice.
18. Two shining exceptions of the hotel staff caring, the concierge which proved to be very helpful and the wait staff (Stephanie) in the Cafe.
19. We spent all of our money off property at the MGM and the Mandalay Bay, stay at either of these instead of the Luxor.
20. I may only conclude that everyone from the General Manager on down has gotten so cynical and lack any enthusiasm for working in hospitality that the general malaise we experienced was just endemic to their service delivery.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, anywhere else.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Overall it was great, very convinient and not pricy. The place looks great and I can make it one of my favorites evwrytime I come to las Vegas. You won't regret it. I would come here everytime. It looks great. And it is great.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Luxor Las Vegas? Share your experiences!