“Crazy times” 4 of 5 stars

1208 S. Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89104   |
Melbourne
“Crazy times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2008

I had a really good time at Sin City. The first night i was therethey put on a free BBQ and then had a limo tour of the Strip which ended in a nightclub. It was a great way to meet people staying at the hostel and there are a couple from that hostel who i ended up travelling to other parts of the US with!
The staff were helpful with things we could do during the day.
Basically i think Vegas is such a crazy city it didn't really worry me what i was sleeping on, the earliest i got to bed was 6am.
All up it was one of the most social hostels i've stayed at and i met some great people who i still keep in touch with!
The biggest downside is that it is a little bit of a trek from the strip and the Deuce bus is possibly the most frustrating bus ride i've ever been on!

Stayed September 2007

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Aussie_27023
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

Stayed on a Friday and they had an amazing Limo tour the manager (Kelvin) is a party expert as well as the rest of the staff. He got us in a club for free and we didn't have to wait in line we walked right by. They also provide a good atmosphere and keep th place relatively clean. The previous reviews I read were B.S. compared to what I and others experienced. I will definitely go back if I visit Vegas again. Off to Fiji.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
san diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2007

Dear travelers, beware-beware!!
the sincity hostel is bed bug infested and it is really unsanitary.
you must know that bed bugs can transmit diseases like hepatitis B and
Chagas'disease,so if you are willing to take the risk in exchange for cheap accomodation,try sin city.not to mention you will be taking bed bugs home as souvenirs.

Me and my friends went to this hostel for a 3-day stay and on the second night we saw the wall crawling with bugs-I'm a medical student so I know definitely they were bed bugs-and they were HUGE!!! we called the night manager and since they didn't have any free room, we had to sleep in the TV room which was a disaster.Next morning we talked with the manager asking for a refund,since we at least expected
a clean room and bed not the TV room,and he said that bed bugs are natural!!!and the TV room is also for rent: 12$ a night!!! which is absolutlely illegal. and it is a take it or leave it- "what you gonna do, huh?" he said

well, my other friend is a law student so we had taken pics from the bed bugs beforehand and taped our conversation,so we politely told him
that we will sue. the manager thought a little and said "well, you made a convincing arguement!!!, you will have your refund" we went to sahara hotel which was really good: 30$ a night each-no breakfast but also no bed bugs.

Bottom line, I have been to great hostels like the HIchicago, which is
better than a 3 star hotel, so I can compare and also you see that the
management not only takes sanitation lightly in the hostel but also isn't taking any steps to eradicate the bedbug infestation:you can see
the same problem in recent comments.

also I think many of the young visitors either don't know what a bed bug is or just take the manager's word and believe it is natural!! to have bed bugs around a hostel.

I definitely don't recommend the sin city hostel-a cheap hotel is a little bit expensive but you won't have a bitter bed bug experience in
Las Vegas.

• Disliked — sanitation
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
san diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2007

the staff didn't even know how to tell me and my friends how to get to the airport...there were bugs in the beds and on the blankets and walls and curtains that were biting us the whole time...no wireless...no one staff from 11 p.m. til 6 a.m....the common room was also locked during those hours...overall we would never stay there again !!!

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2007

I have stayed in hostels in LA, san fransisco, san diego, new york, washington and boston this summer and I just want to say this is one of the best if not the best! the location is perfect and its cheap! the rooms are clean, safe and spacious. it has internet access and the staff are so helpful! I've stayed in some very good hostels but I've always been able to find some fault this hostel was simply perfect! there's even parking spaces! and if ur like me and your under 21 this is probabaly the only place that will take you! enjoy vegas!

Stayed August 2007
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

Las Vegas was an amazing city.

The people working at the hostel were friendly and I met some great people there. Its easy to get to the strip by taking the 24 hr bus which was convenient. If you're travelling on a budget, it helps to get the free toast in the morning.

On the bad side, however, they messed up my booking so I ended up changing rooms for each of my three nights stay (v. annoying). Also, I was bitten during the night while I was sleeping. The jury's still out on what bit me but I've got plenty of scars now for the privilege. I'm just one of those unlucky people very suseptible to insect bites.

Stay here by all means but be prepared, its very basic in comparison to all of the other hostels I've stayed in.

• Liked — Its located on the Strip
  • Disliked — Having to change rooms each night.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Espoo, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

Well, it's been a while since I was at Sin City Hostel. It was in 2003 and I had been on a tour of the US for a month or so when I arrived in Las Vegas. I didn't have a reservation for the hostel but I just walked in and got a bed. That worked fine.
The rooms were very utilitarian, four beds in the girls' room and two in a private room. The bathroom was ok - no massive bugs or anything else nasty there.
We had breakfast made by Paul (who at the time was managing the place) and he also did the dishes as he wanted to know they were squeaky clean, too. The breakfast wasn't great - toast etc. but you lived on it.
The only problem for us girls in this hostel may be that there used to be/are some working girls working at the parking lot behind the hostel at times. I got loads of honk-honks and toot-toots from cars passing by when I was walking up the Strip towards the city... and I had normal clothes on. Just as long as you don't get too ruffled by that, you're fine.
My experience was slightly strange there anyhow because of the managers at the time but there was nothing wrong with the place. It was cheap (US$10 at the time per night), it was on the Strip and you could take the bus to town 24/7.

• Liked — It was on the Strip - you can't beat that!
  • Disliked — Working girls at the back lot
  • Stayed May 2003, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sin City Hostel? Share your experiences!