“THE GREATEST” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fremont Hotel and Casino

You added Fremont Hotel and Casino to your Saves list
Fremont Hotel and Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 East Fremont Street, Between Casino Center Boulevard and 3rd Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Don't Get Stripped
Ranked #105 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Alpena, Michigan, United States
“THE GREATEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

The Fremont is very special to me. They have the greatest buffet ever. WE come here once or twice a year and have never been disappointed. most of my big wins are here, and I feel very comfortable. You are in the middle of the best time of your life. The only thing I miss is in room coffee. I recommend the Fremont to everyone for a great time.

Room Tip: leave it to the staff they will take great care of you.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Just stayed for 3 days at fremont hotel las vegas. the SDX bus worked very well with this location. you can be anywhere on the strip in about 20 minutes and every evening there is the light show between 6 and 12, and staying right there in the middle of it was quite an electrifying experience.If you decide to do las vegas on a budget, fremont street hotel is a better bet than many smaller hotels in las vegas, and you get one of the best off the strip locations.the sdz bus connects to the shopping outlets and the WAX bus connects directly to the airport in 30 minutes.Get a 3 day bus pass for 20$, its the best value deal in las vegas right now.The hotel itself is quite charming and nice,with a small casino at the entrance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

had a great time and service and accommodations were great. have stayed here many times and never been disappointed. staff were very friendly ,as usual. cant beat downtown for a good time! I would recommend the Fremont hotel to anyone looking to have a great time.

Hilo, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I am so disappointed of what people feed backs especially talking about the Fremont Hotel....I do have good experienced upon my stay in fact not only this trip but always every time I go to Vegas and stayed at Fremont. Staffs are friendly no matter what is their positions. I know the room wasn't great but doesn't mean the hotel is no good for to stay. The room rates is affordable also as the foods. That's why every time I visit Las Vegas 2-3 times a year Fremont is my first choice to stay, because I felt safe. Every time I go to travel SAFETY is my no.1 policy and FREMONT Hotel is giving me that privileged that's why always stayed with them. If you don't like Fremont Hotel it means you don't have to step in inside the building....but so far you always keep stepping in.......so I guess you missed your experienced how great the Fremont Hotel is or was......he he he

Room Tip: I let this space for you to choose since we all have preferences.....
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME BY STAYING AT THIS HOTEL. Thought we would give this one a try because we like Delta Downs ( which is owned by the same corporation ). Delta Downs is clean, the people are friendly, and service is fantastic. The Fremont was DIRTY, the people at the front desk were RUDE, and service was TERRIBLE. The ONLY nice thing about the hotel was the buffet. Getting off the elevator to go to our room, we were greeted by a nasty, musky smell in the hallways. Entered the room and was shocked by the smell and look of an old, run-down motel. If we hadn't just flown in at midnight and had carted all our luggage up to the rooms, we would have left. The bathroom was horrible...........the dryer cord was caked with dirt and dust........ dust along baseboard area and doors, and the walls next to the toilet were splattered with dried "stuff"........don't have to guess what it was. Couldn't wait to leave. Called three times for a bellman to come help with luggage....never showed up. Girl at front desk refused to call a taxi for us. There are too many other hotels and casinos to go to .................this one is awful. Boyd Gaming should be ashamed of this place. It is in a great location.............too bad the management and executives don't check out what their workers are doing. This place would be a great place for an episode of Undercover Boss.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Fremont Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for you feedback. We appreciate all comments and value the information shared by our guests. We apologize for your experience as this is not in line with the high standards we have set. Your comments have been forwarded to the General Manager for further review with our team. Once again we would like to thank you and hope that you give us another try in the near future.
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Didnt stay in the hotel but walking down Freemont their signage indicating that bottles of Corona were €2 inside was too good to pass up. And, indeed, it didnt disappoint.

Inside the place felt a little dated but the staff were excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mountain Home, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I am writing this review as it is a warning for anyone planning on staying here or even 'entering' their property. I can not comment on the hotel rooms as we stayed at another hotel on Fremont Street. Although, we did go to eat at the restaurant downstairs with slot machines near the dining area. I unfortunately after eating left my camera bag with my wallet, a change purse, and my phone at the restaurant. Not realizing this as I had several sovenier bags with me also my husband and I went back to our room at the Golden Nugget to get some rest. I immediately realized when I awoke the next morning my camera bag was not with my other things. I went directly to Fremont Hotel and went to security and told them of my issue. At that point I was told they had a bag matching my discription. I was overwhelmed with joy because I unfortunately had taken all my money with me in my bag and was relieved to find out they had my bag. I was told someone turned it into security. However, they would NOT tell me who turned it in and told me I was very lucky to get my bag back. I had 2,500.00 in the change purse ( kept there thinking my money was better off on myself instead of left in a room) and in my wallet I had 500 dollars. When I recieved my bag I was told the sum of money was 507.00. I told them about the 2500.00 which was in the bank envelope that I DID recieve back but was empty. They did not seem a bit concerned but I did talk to the manager that informed me that there were no cameras in that part of the casino and basically they could do nothing about it. I personally know there are cameras EVERYWHERE in the casino.Hmmm, NO cameras at security where the person would have turned it in? No cameras near the slot machines? It just seems ALL a little fishy to me. Why take the large sum of money and leave the smaller sum? A thief would have taken it all I would think and was told by the cashier the same.. I am very disappointed in the service or business that they dealt with me. I am not a gambler and was there basically to sight see. It may not seem like alot to many people but it was my savings over the years and can't be replaced. I feel the cameras could have captured more than they let on. I learned a HARD lesson at a older age and I pray that no one else has a experience like this SO THIS IS A WARNING of how you will be treated at Fremont Hotel and Casino. I would advise DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fremont Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!