The hotel is old but charming.I am 26 years old and I must admit I only saw a few people who were either my age or younger(less than a hand full).
It is definately oldschool, but I happen to like that.
The rooms are large but they have a small bathroom.The bathroom does have a window that opens for fresh air.
My favorite part about the El Cortez is the blackjack.They have $3 tables with good rules and still pay 3:2. I love the side bet also.
This Hotel/Casino doesn't compare to the strip mainly because of its location and clientel (sp?). But it is a fun experience.I understand this hotel is not for everyone though. If you love and are use to staying on the strip than this Hotel is probably not for you.
If you are like me and just go to Las Vegas to have fun, drink, and gamble with low limits than it's worth a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constructed in 1941, the El Cortez Hotel and Casino is the oldest consistently running gaming property in Las Vegas. It is located in the Fremont East Entertainment District in historic downtown Las Vegas.With 362 hotel rooms including the Cabana Suites, El Cortez features full-pay single deck 21, 10x odds on craps, state of the art roulette and over 1000 slot machines. El Cortez is proudly affiliated with Michael Gaughan's South Point Sports Book.Dining options at El Cortez include: Cafe Cortez, The Flame Steakhouse, and Subway. The property also includes a gift shop and full-service beauty and barber shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your El Cortez Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cortez Hotel Las Vegas
- El Cortez Hotel And Casino
- El Cortez Las Vegas