My husband and I took the Grand Canyon West Rim/Skywalk Tour this past May and we were very very disappointed for the following reasons:
1. We were to be picked up at Ballys @8 am- driver was @20 minutes late - we waited while motor coaches, new shuttles, etc. were coming and going picking up passengers and then to our extreme surprise, up comes this old/dilapidated "van" for us - first of all, the driver gets out, never apologizes for being late... When we got into the van - it was by no means a 15 passenger van as the website stated we "might" have - it was awful - ripped, smelled, seat belts broken. We had to sit in the 3rd row. Driver makes a comment like "well if you were just a couple more, it would have been a bus"! We were 11... I mentioned my bad back but of course he waited until after we signed the credit card slip to let me know that there will be 14 miles of unpaved road - and good luck to me!
2. Driver was obnoxious - making many racial comments - well at least some of what he said we could hear, since the microphone was broken - with all the rattling the van made, it was impossible to hear him very well. So the people in the front row had their own private tour - but also had to repeat some of what he said.
3. We squeezed another person in our row , as did the row in front of us - there is no way these seats were supposed to fit 3 people in each row comfortably - again the people in the front row lucked out as no one tried to squeeze in with them.
4. They gave us inaccurate information - there is no way that it cost an extra $10 to take the shuttle to the other viewing location - we never had to show any pass to board the shuttles.
5. Driver had such an unpleasant attitude - never even introduced himself but I think his name was Jack/Jake/Joe or something like that - who knows! He made more negative comments that I cared to remember - especially when a couple of the people on the tour were late getting back to the van. He said something to the effect "well if they don't get back here soon, they'll have to walk back and then walked away in a huff". They were 15/20mins late. No reason for him to be surly - he just wanted to include a stop at a tavern on the way back but none of were getting on without everyone! At the beginning, He tried to talk us out of the Skywalk among other things. Made a comment that ranch wasn't part of our tour - meanwhile he sat in his van in the parking lot while we all made our own way around on the shuttles that we have to take per the West Rim.
All-in-all a most unpleasant tour - and we've taken many in the past - and we felt they overcharged us. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! I did request a partial refund from the company but lo & behold, no response!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.