“It's Cher” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cher Las Vegas

Cher Las Vegas
3570 Las Vegas Boulevard, Caesar's Palace Colessium, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #115 of 232 Theater & Concerts in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
79 attraction reviews
“It's Cher”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

She's a diva what else can you say. Her costumes were amazing, there was no disappointment there.

cheshire
“Terrible Show she stole my money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

Like the rest of the reviews in this category I was so disappointed and after spending so much money Cher must know that she did not put on a good performance I think we paid for a fashion/movie show the designer outfit's where amazing, her banter was a disgrace she spoke about the audience being faceless nomarks maybe it is an American thing but it did not go down well with the British I though it was degrading.

I doubt very much if she looks at the review on Trip Advisor it must be so beneath her after all she stole our money.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Not worth the money spent”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

I was totally dissappointed in the Cher concert. She was 15 minutes late, but made up the difference at the end. At the beginning of the show, Cher told about 15 minutes of jokes that were not funny. Cher's voice is still good. I was upset at the end of the show, when she sang her last song, Cher turned around and walked right off the stage and never came back to take a bow or introduce the band. I would never pay to see her again!

Visited January 2011
Brisbane, Australia
“If I could only turn back time and get my money back!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

I appreciate exactly exactly how Calgary Girl 2001 feels. Grrrr...don't get me started! Being a 'child of the 60s' and having Cher literally 'in my life' since I was 14, a girlfriend and I flew from Australia to see her final show as after all it was in Vegas. We were so appalled with her ridiculous banter, however we had been forewarned what to expect.

On the way over from OZ we had a stopover in Honolulu where we met an Australian couple who had seen Cher and mentioned they thought her banter was patronising to the audience. They were right, all this rubbish about her falling off the moving stage apparatus that swung out over the audience, killing herself and a 'bunch of nameless nobodies' (we should have all booed) ... and the stupid long winded story about guys grabbing their crotches etc....waste of time, she should have been singing after all we'd all spent good money to see her.

In Australia, the last night of a show is a big emotional night for all involved, including the audience. Personally I thought as it was Cher's final show that she would have at least shared a few funny experiences with us but she made no connection with the audience, just stuck to her pathetic scripted dialogue. I was insulted when at the end she just walked straight off the stage and felt she could have at least turned, waved and blown kisses to us all - or something, even shed a 'turtle tear', after all she is an actress (we all know as we viewed her movie clips. Perhaps Caesar's management should have provided the dancers with huge bouquets of flowers (roses) to present to Cher, which she could have thrown out to her fans as a farewell gesture. Nothing..... not even a measly thanks for the millions $$$ she was paid. However apart from the stupid banter I did enjoy the rest of the show, the costumes, the special effects (see photo), the dancing, her vast musical and movie career and ultimately Cher's ability to still belt out a great song (she is 65) and also the excitement of seeing her in Vegas. She really is the consummate performer and I was visually entertained and while I'm glad I saw her show, I wouldn't see her again.Like you, I certainly wouldn't see her again and certainly didn't appreciate Cher announcing a world tour at her supposedly LAST show!

Calgary, Canada
“She did not want to Cher of herself”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

Let me preface this by saying I am a HUGE Cher fan and I adore her. I adore her bravado, her courage, her perseverance, her music, her wardrobes. I love it all. But I was so, so disappointed by her final show on February 5, 2011.

My husband surprised me with tickets to it for Christmas this past year. He booked my friend and I on a four-day trip, with the Cher concert to be the pinnacle time of the trip. Turns out, it was by far the most disappointing part of the whole trip. It made me so sad, and made me wonder if Cher just had enough of the whole Vegas thing.

Sadly, at least half the show she was not on stage. We saw videos. I don't mind that, but I paid to see her. Not a stinking video I can download on YouTube. I loved seeing the costumes, but I would have way rather had her on stage doing more songs. She said her voice was hoarse that night, and I understand. But she just didn't seem that engaged, and with her final song, Believe, I was still cheering and waiting for the show to go on. It was over. With nothing more than a few bows to the crowd, she finished the song, left and didn't look back. No fanfare. No final hurrah. Just her leaving and not returning even though most of us there continued to cheer and scream for her. Everywhere I looked, people were bewildered it was over. Stunned that she chose to end her 2.5 years there on a very low, uneventful note.

Cher, I love you. I hope some of these reviews come back to you. I adore the woman you are. This could have been so much better. We don't have money to throw about and this was an extraordinarily big deal for our family to pay to have me go to your show. I was so, so bitterly disappointed. I've seen you tour before and it was magical. This was flat. You appeared disinterested and ready to be done. I know it was a long haul over the last 2.5 years and those Vegas crowds can be dull, but it was the last night. People made special trips to see you. It was the low light of my whole trip.

My money was better spent buying half price tickets to Love - that was a remarkable stage show, and what you want in a Vegas show. Cher, I wanted to love it. I wanted to adore you. I left angry and feeling like my dollars meant nothing to you.

Sorry it didn't work out. And don't expect me to be at the upcoming "new" tour you are working on. Like you, I give up.

Visited February 2011

Been to Cher Las Vegas? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Cher Las Vegas, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.