“Great experience for a 1st time Jumper” 4 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #28 of 610 Activities in Las Vegas
Type: Other, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: The VIP adrenaline experience, tandem skydiving & parachuting over Las Vegas! Jump out of a plane for the thrill of your life, safe in the hands of our experienced staff. We're open all year round, to anyone 18 or over; an essential addition to every Las Vegas visit! It's the best thing to do in Vegas with your clothes on, and for the daring there's always bikini skydiving...
United States
5 attraction reviews
“Great experience for a 1st time Jumper”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

My cousin and I jumped with Vegas Extreme Skydiving January 8th 2010. Everyone was just great, no bull about it. The pickup at Tropicana was right on schedule. Donnie, the driver waited another 10 minutes after scheduled departure for a couple to arrive. We watched the safety video on the way and received further instructions as we were getting geared up. I loved jumping with my instructor Kyle Leseberg. He is very experienced and helped me through the whole process. Any future trips I have to Vegas I will be jumping with this team. I am so excited to jump again. As for the experience, you will never forget it. I know what to expect the next time I jump. We jumped when the temps were still a little cooler. If you have sensitive ears you may want to protect them from the cold and pressure of the jump. I did purchase the dvd for my first jump and it is great! The jump was the best highlight of my trip in Vegas. Thanks Kyle and everyone at Extreme Skydiving! !!!!

Southern California
“HAD A GRAND TIME AT VEGAS EXTREME SKYDIVING!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

I was there November 9, 2009. The drive from Tropicana to Jean Airport was about 20 minutes. I didn't know how to feel about what I was about to do. I had just turned 51 yrs old.
The staff was cheery and helpful. I felt welcomed. There were many foreign clients from England, Australia, New Zealand. The place seemed popular.
I had an excellent instructor, Andre Roy. He's an upbeat character! Glad I was attached to him and I'm glad he can scream loud enough to give me directions while I was screaming at the same time, dropping from the plane at 120-130 mph!!
A great thrill!! Didn't feel scary at all !! I'll do it again and again!
The best time ever!! Great crew and staff!!

Stuttgart, Germany
“Simply fantastic - definitely returning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

First of all, I can't understand the 2 negative reviews. I was traveling alone. From the second I entered the Vegas Extreme Skydiving van I felt save and cared for. Nobody looked down on anybody. They (especially Joe the driver and Kyle my instructor) reasured me and made me feel good. Also I contacted them 3 times before I finally went there. The longest time I had to wait for a response was 10 hours because of the time gap of 9 hours.

But now to the experience itself.

As a first time jumper I read a LOT of reviews before I finally booked Vegas Extreme. There are also several videos posted on youtube that show how professional Vegas Extreme are. So I already had a good feeling. Pick up is at the Tropicana at 7.30am. On the way to the jump-site you have to fill out liability waiver forms and watch a safety video. Once you arrive they take care of the formalities one by one. You then get your suit and instructions about where and how to hold your hands and feet, how to exit the plane and what to do on the way down and during landing. Once you have been partnered with your instructor (in my case Kyle), you enter the plane. How lucky was I: On my flight a wedding ceremony took place. So on the way up, you don't experience anything different than you would on a normal flight. You only realize the difference once the instructor starts to get the gear in final position. Again they explain everything once more and make sure that you remember the important points.

Then the door opens.
You feel the air rushing through the plane.
You see the first jumper taking his exit position.
Your instructior gets you into the exit position and for the first time you see the earth from a distance of 3.200m without glas inbetween.
A split second later you exit the plane and the adrenalin rush beginns.
The first view seconds your body has to process the unbelievable experience and the thin air by breathing very fast.
Once you get "comfortable" you can start to enjoy this truly amazing and wonderful experience.
Again Kyle, my instructor, was more than helpful in every aspect the whole way up and down. I never felt unsave.

Instead of waiting for the included drop off, I opted for the 20$ limo to save time.

I will 100% jump again with Vegas Extreme Skydiving the next time I am in Vegas.
Thank you Vegas Extreme and especially thank you to Kyle!

Florida
“Las Vegas "Extreme bad attitude" Skydiving”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

If you want to go skydiving and am not sure whether you can do it or not, then DO NOT GO to Las Vegas Extreme Skydiving. The guy who runs the company will make you feel like you are a coward and a chicken. I've been to eight different skydiving facilities (mostly on the east coast) and have never seen anything so negative and demeaning as what I saw at this place.

This poor little girl(about 18 or 19) was very uncertain and very scared about jumping out of a plane so when we got to the facility, she told the owner guy at the counter, who also drove the van, that she didn't think she was up for the task. Now in my opinion he could have talked her into it if he would have been caring and reassuring to her fear but his ego wouldn't allow it. He instead berated her and ridiculed her. And when that didn't get her to say yes, he then got mad at her and told her she took up space in her van. The worst part was that she had to sit there and wait an hour and a half before she could pay twenty bucks to take a limo away from the place that she was made to feel small.

This was a truly toxic experience for all of us so I would urge you all to stay away from this unfriendly person along with his divers who quite obviously have to walk on eggshells. I recommend you pick a friendlier place with happier people to go do something as exciting and soulful as skydiving.

pittsburgh
“Vegas extreme was the best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

First trip to Vegas with my girlfriends so we figured why not skydive....so glad we did!! They made my first skydiving experiece the best!!! Would recommend Vegas Extreme to anyone! Just wanted to say thanks to Jake my instructor... he made me feel safe and calmed my nerves by making me laugh the whole time!! Your the best!!

Angie ~ Pittsburgh