“Great ride - a bit bumpy” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #171 of 267 Attractions in Las Vegas
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Landmarks
More attraction details
Owner description: Built over a replica of New York Harbor, this roller coaster includes huge drops and a 540-degree spiral.
43 attraction reviews
“Great ride - a bit bumpy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a great coaster with a large hill awesome turns and loop. Camel humps also good. This right does beat you up a bit though. $14.00 for one ride, $7.00 for a return ride or I think $20 or $25.00 for all day pass with a photo. It is great for one or two rides. We always ride it when we go to Vegas - really enjoyed it this time - AGAIN.

Visited October 2012

Massachusetts
35 attraction reviews
“Do it at least once”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We are big coaster fans, and had to try it on our first trip to Vegas. We went at night to get the full Vegas effect, and it was better than we thought. It's not just a little coaster that goes around the hotel - the first hill is pretty high, and there are some pretty good turns in addition to the loop. It was a bit bumpy, but not much more than many other coasters we've been on. At $15 it's not cheap. And the line was fairly long when we arrived, but it moved pretty quickly. If it was at a regular amusement park, it's probably rates a 3. But I'm big on atmosphere/theming when it comes to coasters, and circling a Las Vegas strip hotel that looks like NYC bumps it to a 4. If you like coasters, it's definitely worth doing just for the experience.

Visited August 2012
Orlando, FL
85 attraction reviews
“Rough and not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

As a connosieur of roller coasters worldwide, this one is showing its age... The ride is rough and uncomfortable and my back still aches...

Visited July 2012
West Haven, Connecticut
“Definitely a trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

When the car first ascended I was thinking to myself "maybe this WASN'T such a good idea after all". Definitely a must-do for coaster enthusiasts.

Visited July 2012
Albuquerque
7 attraction reviews
“Was not as fun the second time around......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Traveled to Vegas with my husband for our vacation last year and we alread knew we wanted to go to NYNY and ride the roller coaster (again) on our previous trip and we had a blas so we had to go againt! We first put our belongings in the lockers they have and then we waited in line it was pretty long as this is a very popular ride. We went and paid for our tickets we got that deal for 2 tickets and a picture we went into the line for the seats for the coaster and the line to be in the front was too long so we decided to go towards the middle this time and boy was that a mistake. We learned right away why the middle seats on the coaster are not too popular our heads were banging side to side we felt every bump even worse than the other seat we sat in on our last trip (2nd to the front). My neck was so sore the rest of the day it kinda bumbed me out but I think next time I will just wait it out and sit closer to the front. If I had written a review sooner for my first experience I would have put 4 stars but this last trip I could only give 3 stars maybe next time it will be 4 :-)

Visited July 2011