“Decent food, weird service, large bill.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean One Bar & Grille

Ocean One Bar & Grille
3785 Las Vegas Blvd S, Suite #620, Miracle Mile Shops, Las Vegas, NV 89136 (Paradise)
(702) 696-9080
Website
Update restaurant details
Special Offer
Up to Half Off at Ocean One Bar & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #511 of 3,775 restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Paradise
Cross street: Harmon/Las Vegas Blvd
Description: Casual American restaurant serving Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner everyday, located in the Miracle Mile Shops of Planet Hollywood Casino.
Los Angeles
“Decent food, weird service, large bill.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2008

One of the better restaurants in the Miracle Mile Mall, though a bit pricy and pompous. I ordered a delicious pasta primavera dish and had enough left over for breakfast the next morning (it was that good), and my husband enjoyed filet mignon (though, he notes, it was not the kind you can “cut with a fork”). The best part of the meal was the complimentary pita bread, showered in butter and cinnamon (even if it was served after we had started our main course). Peanut butter chocolate cheesecake for dessert was a good choice, though a bit standard in taste. The bill was rather steep, and our waiter was totally creepy (we have since remembered him as the Phantom of the Restaurant). BUT the food was yummy and didn’t completely break the bank, ie $50 for 2 entrees and a dessert – in Vegas.

Go to Ocean One if: You want a good sized, quality entrée with some great pita bread; you have a few pennies to spend; you crave a quiet atmosphere (albeit it’s location in a mall); you enjoy creepy waiters!

Don’t go to Ocean One if: you are in the mood for a cheap snack; you don’t want to spend more than $20 per person; you have high standards for cheesecake!

70% Recommend
stackoutawinner
“Suprisingly Supurb Restaurant Nestled in Miracle Mile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

Trip Advisor doesn't have a seperate review area for this restaurant, but it needs one. You should be able to look this up under restaurants instead of having it buried in Planet Hollywood hotel reviews (where it does not belong).

My wife and I had dinner here on Friday June 6, 2008. We had a very friendly and knowledgable server named Pete.

I found out about this restaurant from restaurant.com.

Ocean One Bar & Grille sounds like casual dining, but it looks like an upscale restaurant worthy of a great date or just a great meal. The ambience is similar to what you'd get for a high end specialty restaurant.

The food itself is upscale at around casual dining prices. This combination equals terrific value because you get an upscale experience for the price of a typical burger joint.

The wife and I chose to eat "outside" which is only outside in the sense of being beyond the walls of the restaurant. Located in the Miracle Mile shops, we were still indoors at the Desert Passage (what this area used to be called when this was part of the Aladdin). We could have just as easily ate our candlelight dinner inside the restaurant.

There is a bar in the center of the restaurant but it fits the ambience and does not diminish from the feel in anyway.

We started off our meal with the artichoke & spinach dip as an appetizer. This was a fantastic appetizer and we received so much of it that we could not finish it! The portion was generous.

We then split a salad. Their salads here run about $8 at dinner time, but they arrive heaped upon a full dinner plate. This is why we decided to split our salad. My wife is a salad fan, and she says this was the best salad she ever had.

Whenever someone says, 'the best (anything) I ever had" that usually means something extremely special. Our salad was truly exceptional. The one we ordered was the warm goat cheese salad. It came with about 8 oz of warm breaded goat cheese with greens, dried cranberries, nuts, and what I believe to be a raspberry vinaigrette. All I can say is WOW.

We debated the warm goat cheese salad against the salmon salad. We saw a couple sitting behind us get the salmon salad, and like our server told us, it came with a huge chunk of salmon (10 oz). Normally you get a 8-10 oz piece of salmon as a main entree in most restaurants, but Ocean One gives you a full 10 oz of salmon in their salad!

This is what I mean by value.

By the time we got our main entrees, my wife was too full to eat. She took a bite of her artichoke pizza and said it was good. I went simple and chose the mahi sandwhich. It was well prepared and the spices used on it were splendid. I debated getting this against one of the specialty dinners... all of which looked excellent. In the end, I made a good choice because of how much food came with the salad and the appetizer, but I'm confident I would have gotten a great meal regardless.

There was one small negative that I must point out. My wife ordered a glass of their "house" wine. House wine isn't the upscale stuff. When we got our bill, we noticed the price of a glass of their house wine was $10. TEN BUCKS! Wow. That's extraordinarily high for a house wine.

Perhaps their drinks subsidize the price of their food??

I don't know if this was a mistake on our bill, or if their drink prices are inordinately high, but I must point it out.

Other than this, Ocean One was a GREAT value. When you consider the location (Vegas, on the strip), the value was tremendous.

We cut our bill down using a gift certificate from restaurant dot com, but even without this, I would highly recommend this restaurant for lunch or dinner!