“Canyon Tours, United States” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #242 of 610 Activities in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Canyon Tours specializes in discounted tours from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Death Valley, Red Rock Canyon and the Las Vegas area. We have over 20 years of experience in the touring and travel industry. We also offer special group/corporate rates and custom tours.
Melbourne, Australia
11 attraction reviews
“Canyon Tours, United States”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014 NEW

We booked a Viator small group Canyons Tour. We visited Grand Canyon, South Rim, Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park. Absolutely amazing. Each one very different and all spectacular. The Grand Canyon and Bryce Canyon you are looking down whereas Zion you are looking up at the spectacle.Our tour guide Elie (Elijah) was very informative and as there was only 6 couples and an interpreter in our group Elie went out of his way to ensure everyone was happy and got the most from the trip. I can highly recommend this tour.

Visited April 2014

• Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Fanastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014 NEW

My friend and I went on a 10 night holiday to Las Vegas , all the way from Ireland and also booked a tour before we came over to visit The Grand Canyon.
We went on The WEST Rim Tour and Optional Skywalk on the 17th November.
We got collected from our hotel , the platinum at 6am and transferred to another hotel where we switched buses and carried on with our tour that lasted all day and brought us straight back to our hotel that evening around 6pm.
Gary and Mark were our driver and guide and must I say, both done a fanastic job all day.
once the tour started , our guide gave us a briefing of what the day consisted of and a few hours later we arrived at hoover dam and stopped for 20 minutes or so to get off the bus and take some pictures, once we jumped back on the bus, a breakfast box was given to everbody by mark and gary which was plenty full as it consisted of a apple, juice, water, lovely muffin and a piece of fruit to keep us going.
2-3 hours later, we arrived at the grand canyon national park/ visitor centre where the tickets were collected for us.
the area provided shuttle buses where different areas of the canyon and the ranch could be visited, and later brought back to the main bus for departure.
there is enough facilities there to cater for people such as gift shops, restaurant, bathrooms etc.
it was just amazing to visit the canyon and to walk around it and take in the breath taking views, after all the walking around, a spot of lunch can also be taken from a meal voucher that is given aswell as the ticket, which is good.
The Optional SkyWalk Experience is also available there to do for an extra 30 dollars I think it is - I was 100 percent going to do this, but I did not in the end as the same views are there beside it and there is no difference, not unless if you really want to - everybody is different.
We purchased the tour online for 115 dollars each but got charged 123 dollars, I know its not much and no hassle in paying it but it does not show the hidden charges on line for surcharges such as fuel etc so make sure when booking on line to check for extra charges as we had to make a few phone calls to find out what it is.
once the afternoon had come to an end, we received little certificate's on the way back , congratulating us on the trip to experience the grand canyon which was nice for keeps sake.
our guide again kept us all entertained and informed of every little aspect as I certainly was educated and entertained back and forward.
while returning , our driver stopped the bus for us to hop off and look at some of the wild tree's and plants that grow there all year around.
the journey up and down on the bus is nice and different too see the surrounding area and how local people do live in the middle of nowhere in little villages in such harsh, dry conditions with very little facilities such as schools, shops, bars, restaurants.
during the trip back, our guide left us be for awhile and put on a dvd of terry fator to keep us entertained which was very good.
once we were nearly back at base, we had some time to spare were our nice driver , again, stopped for us and showed us some unusual type of a goat/sheep - something like that I think.
overall, I certainly enjoyed the trip as it did not take too long and arrived back at a very reasonable time in the evening.
The canyon was cool in november as it was 10 degress cooler up that high our guide said I think so make sure to wrap up warm and have comfortable shoes.
There is a toilet on the back of the bus, with no wash basin for hands but there is a hand disinfect gel there but ours was empty unfortunately - bring your own just in case.
Thanks a bunch again to mark and gary for the making the tour such a great day and driving us to and from the canyon and all in one piece.
our guide was for full of history and strong knowledge and kept me well informed about everything we drove past.
we had a wonderful experience and thanks again mark and gary - from the two irish girls :-) :-)
keep up the great work guys.

Visited November 2014
uk
“great tour and great staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014 via mobile

Booked for heli ride and paddling in the Lake.
Heli ride was wonderful, I was there with my husband, mum, in laws and best mate to celebrate my 30th, we had all saved sooo hard for the trip. Near the end of the heli ride tbe pilot told us that thick fog was coming inand that the trip had to come to an end with out the paddling. We were all jpset by this but had enjoyed what we had done.

When going to reception to discuss a part refund.... with out asking we were given a full refund, for the whole trip, we were not expecting this, but it was greatly appreciated. All staff were so appologetic, even though it was something out of there control.
Would recommend to a friend

Visited December 2014
“Great value tour that doesn't take all day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a tour that wasn't too expensive but also didn't take all day because I had little time - this tour was the perfect fit. At $200 it was much cheaper than the other tours, and 5.5 hours in duration with some time to walk around too. I really enjoyed it: the plane was small and therefore had incredible views, the whole trip was incredibly well organised and smooth, and I saw everything I needed to. Only downside is that the tour promotes itself as being 1.5hr on the ground; our tour was not as long - only 1hr 15 mins - and 20 mins of that is spent in buses going from one point to another. If you are the sort of person who enjoys spending hours contemplating the awesomeness of nature then this tour may not be quite right for you. But it certainly fit the bill for me.

Visited December 2014
“Grand Canyoon South Rim Tour from Vegas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2014

Thanks to Tess for a great day out. The tour company managed our expectations well on the overall time required from Vegas. Tess was very informative. Good to see the Hoover dam, plenty of rest stops. 3 minor things for the company to fix; power at seat not working on left side of coach, WiFi patchy/slow, provide a fast track hotel pick up option; we were only 5 minutes from the main despatch point, but we were picked up 2 hours before the 8:10am departure.
TV was great, we did the 2.5 mile South Rim walk which was fantastic. Got back at 10:30pm in time for a comedy show and some roulette!

Visited December 2014

Been to Canyon Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Canyon Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.