“Any other color than white is ok” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Stoney's Las Vegas
9151 Las Vegas Blvd. S., Las Vegas, NV (Enterprise)
702-435-2855
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #486 of 686 things to do in Las Vegas
Carlisle, England
“Any other color than white is ok”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Horrendous! I turned up on A Thursday night, me wearing a plain white dress tshirt, smart jeans and brown dress shoes! My friends in plain red & brown tshirts that are less dressy! They get in and I do not! I asked why whixh the doorman told me because I'm wearing a white tshirt. I asked why my friends were ok. He told me yes. I asked if it was only white tshirts! I was told yes! I then politely stood aside and phoned stonys to ask what was appropriate dress code. I described what I was wearing. The woman told me if it had a single Nike tick or any other brand it would be acceptable but because it was a plain white dress tshirt it was not acceptable yet any other color would be acceptable! I left not understanding the stupid reasoning being this?! People in the line told me I looked suitably dressed and I had clearly spent money on the clothes I was wearing. So why should I not be allowed when anyone else is?! All I can assume is that I'm Scottish and the doorman and girl on the phone thought I was a tourist even though I have lived here for over a year! If racism is the issue and Stonys country bar doesn't allow non-Americans then if rather they just told me that so I could leave with a legit reason. I can't think what other reason anyone would have for making me stand in the line for 20 minutes to tell me my dress tshirt without a tick is unacceptable yet a piece of identical sports wear with a tick would be acceptable. I just can't understand how that would make sense!

Visited June 2013

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
9 attraction reviews
“Take id”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We are a couple in our 40's who have visited Vegas 4 times and never been asked for ID EVER in Vegas and love Country Music. We were recommended to go to Stoneys so arrived Thursday night to told we could not get in by some short, bald doorman with no manners!! so never returned. Toby Keiths and Gillies had more charm and had some great nights there instead!!

Visited April 2013
Las vegas Nevada
7 attraction reviews
“A Texas embarrassment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Only in Vegas can you go to a country bar and see people line dance to rap music
It's suppose to be a country bar not a top 40 or rap music club. Outside the have a big neon sign shaped like Texas .
All you see in the club are gang bangers and stuck up girls talking on ther cell phones. If it suppose to be a Texas style country night club than they should play only country music. All I have to say is stoneys stop insulting Texas and play all country music get rid of the gang bangers
Or take the Texas logo down.
What an embarrassment you are to the people of the great state of Texas
Don't wast your money there the place is smaller than the old location you wait in line for hours to get in and than are cramed like sardines. No thanks
Go to gillies at Tresure Island
A little better but not true Texas country
Music

Las Vegas, Nevada
32 attraction reviews
“Fun - pleasantly surprised.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I was hesitant to go there, this is at the older location at the antique mall. Haven't gone to the newer location at Town Square yet. Had fun. The bull riding was fun. The DJ doesn't just play country, they also play top 40 and dance tunes. I really would give this a 3.5, not a 4.

Visited May 2012
Lombard, Illinois
44 attraction reviews
“terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My friends and I went to this bar based on the positive reviews the old location received. We wanted to play beer pong, and this place looked like a cool alternative to the strip.

We went on Sunday night, so it wasn't that busy. Still, there were plenty of people on the dance floor and milling around the other dancers. If you're looking to line dance for a couple of hours, this is apparently the place to be...if you're looking to play beer pong, not so much. A quick rundown of our experience:

- We walk up to the north side bar and ask about beer pong. We get a blank stare, and are told they don't have any beer at the bar or beer pong supplies. We can see the taps on the bar, so I guess they're just out of beer. I've never seen a brand new bar run out of beer, but...ok.

- We go to the south side bar and ask about beer pong. Again, we get a blank stare from the girl behind the bar. Apparently, her job was to look pretty...not actually work. Turns out they do have beer at this bar, but no beer pong balls. We can see the six tables set up for pong, but no one working at the bar has any idea how this is supposed to work apparently.

- The "girl with the blank stare," as we start to call her, says she'll look into it. 5 minutes later, still no beer pong. I ask what's going on...she says they're looking for balls. 5 minutes later...still looking. 5 minutes later, and we're starting to get annoyed. We end up involving maybe ten staff members, all of whom can't find beer pong balls and can't tell us why.

- Finally, the manager comes over and says the pong balls are locked in a room that no one has a key to. Really?

We bought a couple of pitchers when all of this started, and stayed just long enough to finish our beers and head out. Stoney's has the nerve to charge an entrance fee of $3 to enjoy a bar with no beer, beer pong with no pong balls, and terrible service that can't be bothered to unlock a room or proactively resolve issues.

We won't be back.