“Very good food- over pricing.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Social House

Social House
3720 S Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89158 (The Strip)
702.736.1122
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Social House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #494 of 3,968 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Harmon Avenue
“Very good food- over pricing.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stopped for lunch with couple of friends. The 20$ lunch menu did not relected the range in the menu so we choose from he regular menu.
All courses were very good, we enjoyed the place and the service however he price was higer than you expect for light japanees tapas for lunch.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Golden, Colorado
“Great price fixed -Lunch-”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Had a great and filling lunch on the price fixed menu.

Highly recommend when you don't want to eat junk in Vegas.
I recommend the tempura... Yum.

Visited October 2012
Tadley, United Kingdom
“great choice and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

ate here for the second time on our last night in Vegas, choice is excellent and the servers are really helpful with suggestions. Tempura King Crab was a highlight.

Visited October 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Who said you can't find great sushi in the Desert? Not me!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

5 stars across the board . . . My 5-star reviews are few and far between these days, particularly because many of the restaurants I've visited in the past few months have missed the mark in some way or another. Social House provided that rare experience that combines the best of ambiance, food and service.

The modern restaurant is visually stunning from the moment you first walk into the lounge area and then sashay up to the host table. We had made a last minute Open Table reservation on a Friday night, and we were seated as soon as we came in. I loved the set up of the restaurant. First, they put us in the back area, but it was a little too dark for my taste, so we asked if we could have one of the booths in the front section. They were so accommodating, and said we would love this new table as it gave us a view of everyone who parades by. And it sure did! I am 100 percent sure my husband was the oldest person in the restaurant, and even being 16 years his junior, I am about 80 percent sure that I was the next oldest. But it sure was fun people watching . . . bachelor and bachelorette parties galore with some of the most interestingly dressed and entertaining people gliding by us.

Our server was fabulous! The menu offers so many wonderful options and he helped guide us through the choices, pointing out the fabulous and steering us away from the ordinary. We started with the Yellowtail Jalapeno. Don't be put off thinking it might be too spicy . . . it's not . . . a perfect melding of flavors with the tender Yellowtail and the crunchy jalapeno in a cilantro soy base. Next up . . . the salmon tartare, which was my favorite. The combination of the fresh and silky salmon layered with wasabi cream and drizzled with citrus soy was heavenly . . . so much so that I ordered another just for myself while hubby was licking his chops -- literally -- the tender Kurabuta Pork Ribs smothered in a sweet soy glaze were falling off the bone. We then shared the Cod Bibb Lettuce Cups . . . while we loved the dish, we found this a little skimpy for the price with only two pieces. As I was getting quite full, I opted to order only the roasted miso eggplant which put the finishing touches on my great meal.. My hubby with his big appetite ordered the hangar steak with roasted shallots and more of that delectable wasabi cream sauce. From pig heaven to cow heaven!

Social House is totally a hip place, even for us not-so-hip middle-agers. We had a fantastic meal, conscientious service and "free" entertainment. No doubt we will make another trip to Social House on our next trip to LV.

P.S. Unlike some other reviewers, we felt we got great bang for our buck!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Decent sushi, strange atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Social House is in the City Center mall. We sat in the lounge area - which would be much nicer and more intimate if you couldn't see the mall right outside. The dining room appeared to be a bit more intimate but I couldn't get over the fact that I felt like I was eating really expensive sushi in a trendy location..in the middle of a mall. We had a few rolls and some nigiri - all good and standard Vegas prices (higher than normal). Overall, it was a good dinner but we won't be going back based solely on the location.

Visited September 2012