“Excellent except for a lapse in food quality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

You added Trump International Hotel Las Vegas to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 Fashion Show Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Up to $100 Resort Credit
Ranked #17 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Maryland
“Excellent except for a lapse in food quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

Great room, housekeeping excellent and staff friendly and helpful. However, at a $25 buffet breakfast, the decaf coffee tasted like INSTANT (ugh), and the orange juice tasted like juice made from concentrate with additional sugar (yuck). I asked the omelet cook what oil she was cooking with, and she said it was butter. Maybe so, but I couldn't detect the the faintest hint of butter flavor.
On the following morning we walked across the street to the mall for breakfast

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
TrumpLV, Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 18, 2010
Dear valued Guest:

There are so many things to enjoy about the Hotel and I'm glad to read that your stay was excellent. Please know that we have taken your comments concerning the beverages at breakfast and have made sure that we are using nothing but top quality beverages. I would like to apologize to you for your breakfast experience and hope that you would give us a second chance to serve you over a meal at breakfast.

Thank you for sharing with me your experiences and I hope to be able to serve you again.

Brian Baudreau, Vice President & Managing Director, Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,655)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

We stayed at this hotel over New Years. They are a very pet friendly Hotel and highly recommend.
Our checkin process was easy. The hotel is set up so that you can walk your dogs through the lobby with great ease. All you get is a big smile and someone opening the door. There is a grass area for walking dogs to the rightside of the property.
This hotel is in a great location 1 block off the strip and across the street from Encore..
Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear valued Guest:

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our pet friendly environment and were able to travel with your dog. Our goal is to allow our guests the option to bring their dog so they can have the "whole family" with them.

We appreciate your business and look forward to meeting you in the lobby. Feel free to bring your dog back to stay with us as much as occasion will permit.

los angeles, california, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

summary: while the rooms/lobby were top-notch, the service cannot be considered five-star especially compared with truly five-star hotels like the four seasons. i give this hotel 4-stars while my wife gives this 3.5-stars.
especially the train noise would be a deal-breaker for many including us.

pros:
nice spacious room. comfortable bed. clean. kichinette is a nice plus.
my wife thought the spa was nice....small but had all the necessary amenities. good deep tissue massage.
friendly staff
restaurant food was decent. decent cocktails.
relatively inexpensive room rate.

con:
slow service.....faucet handle was broken and it took almost an hour and a second phone call before this was resolved.
we were on 34th floor and yet can hear train horn in the middle of the night which was loud enough to wake me up. (may be you would hear the train noise if you booked a strip-view room instead of a city-view)
location is not really on the strip although it is close to the strip.
i didn't like that there was no option for self-parking....i don't mind valet service if the parking staff can retrieve cars fast but i can see how this can be a problem when there are so many people who want their cars at the same time.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
TrumpLV, Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 7, 2010
Dear valued Guest:

Please know how grateful I am to receive your comments. We have a huge responsibility as a team to provide a level of service the matches the beauty and luxury of the Hotel. I see that we fell short in some areas and I would like to apologize for that.

I hope that you would consider giving us another chance to serve you again.

Albany, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

The hotel is "mere steps away from the strip". What it does not say is that it is a full block from the strip by way of a poorly lit, abandoned parking lot that does not even have a side walk in parts, forcing you to walk in traffic! It is definitely unsafe to walk by your self, even in the daytime.

While the website allows up to four adults in a room, they don't tell you that they must sleep on a pullout couch, with a thin, uncomfortable mattress. Therer are no roll away beds. The staff at the lounge pretty much ignored us. While others were sipping their drinks, it was not until we approached a waitress that we found out that the bar had been closed.

Service was spotty. We had only one coffee cup the entire stay (although we had informed staff). There is a tea pot but no tea. One day we did not receive any hand wash cloths.

The rooms are beautiful so if you want spend your entire vacation in bed, then this is the place for you! However, if you plan to go outside and see the sights and sounds of Las Vegas, I strongly recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear valued Guest:

In reading your comments, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I hope to have another chance to serve you to show you the service and luxury that we have been known to have.

Thank you for your feedback.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

The outstanding: The room...or should I say the 900 sqft one bedroom suite on the 36th floor. Contemporary decor with lots of marble, fluffy white towels and bathrobe, and a stunning view from floor to ceiling windows. Also the maid service was very accommodating, clean and quick.
The very good: Staff was friendly, the valet was quick, except on NYE, and helpful with directions, although we were told the wrong way once. The location was fine, it was close enough to the strip and my wife and I prefer to stay in a non-mega hotel without a casino.
The average: The restaurant took 45 minutes to prepare a simple sandwich and salad. In their defense they were VERY apologetic and comped us the lunch. Also the strip view room we booked was not available when we got there. Why not? How does that happen? How do you confirm a reservation of a room a week earlier and then not have it available on the arrival day? In their defense the front desk gave us an upgrade. The upgrade was superior in size but we lost the strip view since they no longer had any available for the type of room we reserved.
The bad: The $15 resort fee. I don't care about the money, I do care about business ethics. What's wrong with this charge Mr. Beaudreau ? Why do you think so many reviewers on this site have criticized this mandatory fee? Simple, it's easy to miss the information about this fee. It's missed in the fine print, or the hotel booking staff forgets to inform the guest or one member of the booking party forgets to tell the other members. Once missed the person feels deceived especially since it is a mandatory charge. Why not be transparent and just add it to the advertised price of the room?

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear valued Guest:

I appreciate you taking your time to share with us your experiences during your previous stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the suites and our associates. We truly have a great Hotel.

Concerning the Resort Fee, I appreciate your candor. Resort Fees are very common and are found at most Las Vegas Hotels. We include many a la carte fees to make it more convenient for our guests. I hope that our Resort Fee would not prevent you from experiencing the luxury and service that we offer at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas. I hope to see you again in the Hotel.

charleston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

This was my fifth trip to Las Vegas and it was to attend a conference held at the Flamingo. The Flamingo looked OK, but for an addition $21/night I decided to stay at the Trump and WAS NOT disappointed. It is at one end of the "strip" and across the street from the Wynn & Encore and adjacent to Fashion Mall. It is set back a couple of hundred yards from the strip. This is purely a hotel and does not have a casino and is totally non-smoking. The hotel is a "hotel/condo" property. I had one of the smaller rooms and it was extremely large (much larger than the rooms at the Bellagio). As you would expect, the room was very well appointed. There was a sub-zero small fridge, an electric cooktop, dishes, utensils, and a wall entertainment center that ran the length of the room. My room had a king sized bed and a queen sized foldout sofa bed. Two chairs, a cocktail table, desk & chair - with plenty of room to walk around. The bathroom was enormous, walk in shower, TV inbedded in the mirror and nice amenities. Internet is extra but was T-Mobile for about $11/night so better than the $20/day at the Bellagio and other hotels. I did not eat at the hotel but it seemed reasonable even at room service prices. All of the staff that I had contact with went out of their way to take care of me. If you want a 5 star, quiet hotel to relax in in Las Vegas I would highly recommend this property. The Four Seasons is, I understand, a similar property and I would presume at significantly higher room costs. I can really find no negatives other than it is not situated directly on the strip. I enjoy walking in Las Vegas so the location was not an issue for me. A taxi ride to the Flamingo ranged from $9-$12 including tip.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our room rates are extremely competitive with the market and I am pleased to read that you were able to secure a good rate. We do have a prime location and it offers our guests many opportunities for entertainment and shopping.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time that you are in Las Vegas.

Richmond Hill, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

The staff and service were incredible. Friendly, hospitable and accommodating. For that alone, the hotel deserves a stay, especially if you're on a business trip and not looking to do the touristy attractions or gamble. It doesn't have a casino, theatre or club, so you'll always have to venture out to find things to do. It'll cost you 10-15 bucks each time you go anywhere by cab or expect to walk 20-30 minutes to get to the main part of the strip (Bellagio & area). Wouldn't recommend for young groups or travellers.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to read that your experiences with our staff and service were "incredible." We know that by not having a casino in Las Vegas, we need to build our reputation on our service and the caliber of staff that we have. I am confident that our team is the best in Las Vegas and I am happy to read that you were treated well.

Please come back to see us...

Been to Trump International Hotel Las Vegas? Share your experiences!