“Great place if you want to be a little removed from it all” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

You added Trump International Hotel Las Vegas to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 Fashion Show Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Up to $100 Resort Credit
Ranked #17 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
travelguy20
“Great place if you want to be a little removed from it all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

My wife and I decided to extend our trip by one night and when I contacted the Bellagio about extending our reservation they were near capacity and it was going to be over $400 for the most basic room. As we were flying in late at night it was more important to us just to have a good night's sleep in a nice place. The Trump Tower was the perfect answer- easy to check in- attentive valet service- beautiful room and a ridiculously low price. The bed was amazing and it was especially quiet in the hotel. There is no casino and it's actually just off of the strip so there is less noise. If the casino scene isn't to your liking but you still want to be close to everything, this is a great place to stay. Our room had a seating area and a kitchenette. The bathroom was huge with one of the larger jetted tubs I have seen in a hotel. This hotel has all of the extras that you expect in a 5 star hotel- high equality linens, TV in the bathroom mirror, beautiful lobby, etc. The next day we checked into the Bellagio for 5 days, but lamented that as much as we love the Bellagio- the beds didn't compare to the Trump!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
TrumpLV, Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, December 17, 2009
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with me your experiences during your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is perfect as we are close enough to the "action" but it is not forced on you. As for the rooms, you pretty much summed it up. They are spacious, beautiful and the accompanying amenities are second to none.

I look forward to serving you again and I'm glad to hear that our hotel was a great second home for you during your trip to Las Veags. I hope to serve you again.

Brian Baudreau, Vice President & Managing Director- Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,656)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

I stayed here for 3 nights due to the low online price from booking.com. There is a daily $15 resort fee added to your final bill, which covers car parking and use of their own pool (if it wasn't so cold!). Great food in the restaurant, and good value for the fixed-price $29 menu (before drinks, service, tax, etc).
HOWEVER, the rooms, whilst well-furnished and comfortable, are INCREDIBLY NOISY. There is a train track about 100 yards from the hotel, with a crossing right next to the hotel. SO, every time a train comes past (night and day) the train horn is sounded long and hard! Great if you want to wake up at 7am, but awful if you want to get any sleep.
The traffic noise from the adjacent freeways is very noticeable as well, even on the 35th floor.
Also, each room has a shared lobby with the room next door, with an inner and outer door. Each of these closes very noisily and you will hear your neighbours when they get back at 5am after a good night out (we certainly did!).
To sum up - Great prices, but for a reason. AVOID.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Dear valued Guest:

I would like to thank you for choosing our fine hotel for your lodging needs. Thank you for your feedback concerning our Food & Beverage and the beauty of the rooms. We have certainly tailored our menus, pricing and room rates to provide value to our guests.

I would also like to thank you for sharing with me your concerns about your stay. We are working on many aspects to enchance our guests' stay. Your comments will certainly assist us in the process.

Brian Baudreau- Vice President & Managing Director, Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

a bunch of us were going gambling, so i went to priceline & bid on a 5 star hotel & chose vegas strip as the location...

what i got was a hotel that was NOT on the strip, does NOT have a casino, and my priceline savings were negated due to the $18/day surprise fee. based on the resort fee alone (as a principle + the fact that it was not disclosed to me), i will never again stay at trump or use priceline.

sean

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Dear valued Guest:

I am sorry to hear that our Hotel did not serve your needs as a traveler. Certainly when booking through opaque travel sites, you are limited in what you can place as a requests and preferences. Although the specific issues that your mentioned were not enjoyed, I hope that you were able to enjoy the beauty of the Hotel and the large rooms.

Concerning the Resort Fee, it is required on Priceline to read the terms and conditions that mention the inclusion of the Resort Fee. We certainly do have the obligation to inform our guests through Priceline and I am confident that we have met our obligation. I apologize if those terms were not made apparent to you before you arrived to the Hotel.

At $15 per day, we have combined what once were a la carte fees to one daily fee that will allow our guests access to the many amenities in the hotel.

I hope that you will give us a second chance to serve you in the future.

sedona az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

Yes, I had a few glitches here like those mentioned by others, but overall I think the Trump represents the best hotel value in Vegas. This is especially true at the cheap rates available on Priceline and Hotwire. In any other city in the world this hotel would cost five times higher! I live in Arizona and visit Vegas a minimum of 3-4 times a year. As to the resort fee, I don't like it either, but about half of all the strip hotels are now charging one including most of the MGM branded properties. This is a 4.5 star hotel at 2 star rates!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear valued Guest:

I couldn't agree with you more. We are confident that we do provide the best value in Las Vegas. Our suites are spacious and elegant and their surrounding amenities are truly enjoyable. I appeciate your business and hope that Trump International Hotel Las Vegas will be your new hotel of choice when you return to Las Vegas. As for us, we would enjoy the opportunity to serve you again.

Marion, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

A nice, clean hotel. I really liked that it was non-smoking and was not a casino. The staff was friendly and helpful, always treating me with respect and courtesy. The room was clean and spacious, and I loved the comfortable pillows on the bad. The bathroom was beautiful, especially the TV in the mirror. The maid left a nice note on the bed thanking me for leaving her a tip, which added a nice 'human touch".

The location is nice--a few hundred yards from the strip, and across the street from an indoor mall.

Three things could make the hotel better:

1) I have a hearing loss. Most hotels where I've stayed comply with the Americans with Disabilities act by making an alarm clock with flashing lights or a "bedshaker" available upon request. The Trump Tower was unable to provide this upon request, leaving me with no reliable way to wake up when I wanted to. I was disappointed that a luxury hotel would drop the ball in this regard when most "lesser" hotels easily get it right.

2) Las Vegas is a great city for walking, but the street that the Trump is on is not as pedestrian-friendly as it should be (between the Trump hotel and Las Vegas Blvd). The sidewalks are not well lighted, and in some places turn to gravel or are blocked by trees.

3) Advertising a low price, and then adding a mandatory $15 per night "resort fee" (actually, $16.80 with tax) is just plain tacky. This supposedly covered the price of many "extras", such as a daily newspaper, use of the fitness center, and two bottles of water each day, but comes across as a greedy grab for profit. All I really got for my $67 was 4 newspapers and one bottle of water.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
TrumpLV, Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, December 12, 2009
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about your most recent stay in our Hotel. I agree that we have a beautiful Hotel and we have a special obligation to provide a level of service to match it's beauty. I hope that you will return to stay with us upon your next trip to Las Vegas. I appreciate your feedback and will be sure to look into your concerns.

Brian Baudreau, Vice President & Managing Director, Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

We booked our room on Priceline and I have to admit, Trump was the hotel we were hoping we DIDN'T get! We knew it's location was a bit off the strip and that it had no casino. So we were pretty disappointed when we found out that we would be staying at Trump.

Upon arrival, we were immediately impressed. The property was beautiful and the gentlemen doing valet were very helpful. The thing I appreciated the most was that they did not expect tips, but rather appreciated them. When we first arrived, we had no cash on us and the gentlemen did not seem bothered at all! Once we had cash, we returned and tipped them extra simply because they treated us like gold without a tip right away.

Check-in was very smooth as we arrived late and it was not busy. We were given a room on the 24th floor. The one thing that would have been nice, would have been a brief overview of the hotel & it's amenities. (ie. direction of the elevators, restaurants, etc) Basically they just wanted to make sure we signed for the ridiculous $15 "resort fee" and that's all they cared about. I really don't mind paying a resort fee when high-speed internet is included, however at Trump it is not. That would have to be my biggest complaint about our stay, if they can provide large jacuzzi tubs in every single room then internet should be complimentary.

We were extremely impressed with the room and everything included. The room was modern, spacious, clean and upscale. Definately not just a place to lay your head. Large jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, huge vanity with TV in the mirror, separate glass enclosed shower and toilet. The only thing that I was a bit confused by was the way the entrance to the rooms is set up. From the hall-way there is a set of double doors which gives access to 2 rooms. From there you enter a small entry way where you can enter the individual rooms. Great, except that these doors are VERY big and heavy so I can only assume if there was someone staying in the room adjacent to ours that we would have disturbed them coming and going. The "do not disturb" notice is electronic and done from inside your room, which is nice. It displays a light outside the room for housekeeping to see. Kind of a neat touch.

We actually stayed out all night, so didn't sleep "through the night" :) We returned to the hotel around 7am for a quick nap and had no trouble sleeping after pulling the drapes. Room was dark and didn't hear any noise.

We were offered a late check-out when we checked in, which we took full advantage of. Late check-out is 4pm and we were also able to store our luggage after that (flight didn't leave until 10pm)

All in all, we were very pleasantly suprised with our stay at Trump. The only negative comments we have are that there is no casino, and the location is too far from the strip. Everything else was fantastic!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear valued Guest:

I am pleased to hear that your actual experience at the Hotel was able to override any previous thoughts that you had about the Hotel. The beauty of the Hotel and the spacious suites certainly do speak for themselves. I will be certain to share your feedback about our service with the appropriate Managers. We have a great team of associates and I'm pleased to hear that you were able to experience their service. I hope to meet you personally in the Hotel on your next trip to Las Vegas.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

I booked this hotel on priceline and got a great deal, but as you know priceline considers this on the strip and doesn't tell you about the amenity charge. We called priceline ahead of time and they were awful about it. When we arrived I felt sorry for the employee who had us because we argued that there was nothing in priceline that said anything about the fee. They try to show you a printed out form with the fee on it, but we had our papers that didn't list a fee at all, so all in all we got the fee waived. We also requested a higher floor to avoid the train noise and so didn't hear any noise at all.

Overall: The feel of the hotel is simple and contemporary, which I enjoy. There is no casino, but I am glad because of the noise level and less traffic to deal with. We had no problems getting taxis to the airport and even though we got our amenity fee waived we still were able to use the valet parking when we rented a car for a day. Never got to use the fitness room, spa or pool but it all looked fabulous and I wished we had time. Really it's a 5 min walk to the strip. I'm in my 20s and this was no problem at all...it was a short walk.

Room: The room was definitely 5 star and I have stayed in other 5 stars before in different cities, it just depends where you are staying and your opinion. The bed was very comfortable, we used the microwave for popcorn all night, but we weren't there long enough to use the kitchen. Great view of the mountains, lots of seating and storage. Yes the toilet wall is glass so that's a little awkward, but the bathroom was huge and the tub was simply luxurious! (press the button a couple of times to up the jets).
I wish we stayed in the room more, but we were too busy walking around the see all the sites in 3 days. One day we rented a car and drove 5 hours to the Grand Canyon, stopping briefly at the Hoover Dam and on Route 66...a must if you haven't been out here before! The Grand Canyon was my favorite part of the trip. I was sore from all the walking on the strip because I wanted to see everything (walked from the Trump all the way to the Las Vegas welcome sign), taxis can become expensive in traffic. No matter where we went it cost us about $20 a ride. This was a great trip and I wish we had one more day to just relax at the hotel!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
TrumpLV, Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, December 10, 2009
Dear valued Guest:

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Our hotel is such a breath of fresh air to the casinos and smoke filled buildings around us. I hope to meet you personally the next time that you are with us in the Hotel. Thank you for taking your valuable time to share this feedback.

Been to Trump International Hotel Las Vegas? Share your experiences!