“Love this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

You added Trump International Hotel Las Vegas to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 Fashion Show Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Up to $100 Resort Credit
Ranked #17 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
California
“Love this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a bachelor party and loved every minute. We had a strip view and a suite. Staff is one of the fend list around. Ignore the negative comments on here. It is a walk from the center of the strop but they offer shuttles to ceasers every 15 minutes.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,628)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My brother booked the room through Hotwire's Special Rates...BEST HOTEL!! Our room had the view of the strip on the 49th floor. Absolutely beautiful suite/hotel/views!!!! Best of the best. You should rent a car because it's about a 10-15 minute walk from the center of the strip, no good if it's too hot. I liked the fact that there aren't any clubs and doesn't have a casino, which makes the experience more nice. Don't have to deal with drunk people/club fights/drama! 24 hour valet parking IS FREE! Free Wi-Fi, TV in bathroom w/ Jacuzzi tub! Right across the street from Fashion Show Mall, very clean, elegant, regular suite has king size bed and a sofa bed.....I will definitely try to stay here again! We were very happy!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Rooms are quite nice, could use a refurbishing on the furniture, it is a bit worn with dings, etc. The bed (for me) was a little hard, but housekeeping was kind enough to bring up a feather comforter to slide under the top sheet for comfort. The bathroom, complete with a shower large enough for four people and a very nice jacuzzi, was the highlight of the room! What I thought was a refrigerator in the small kitchenette was actually a FREEZER! I put my leftover Chinese food & the two bottles of water given to each guest complimentary (each day) and all items froze overnight! Why ONLY a freezer in the studios, that's really odd! Although the ads indicate that there is no charge for Internet Connection, each DAY (as a guest of the hotel) your room is charged a $25 Resort Fee. I suspect that this "resort fee" is charged because many guests do not tip accordingly. If I had the choice, I would have rather paid for the Internet Connection at $10/day and given tips out as warranted by the level of service given. I would like to have the choice to tip based on the quality of service received rather than a flat amt. Why the hotel even wanted to charge me $7.00 for a package that I picked up at the Bell Captain's Desk! WHAT? I mean I would have tipped a couple of dollars if someone was going to bring this small package up to my room on the 42nd floor but seriously, they were going to charge me $7.00 to pick it up from the front desk .... really? I rented a private Cabana for the day by the pool, quite nice. It came complete with an outstanding fresh fruit plate and complimentary soda & bottled water. The Cabana had A/C, a sofa, chair, coffee table, a huge flat screen TV AND a refrigerator along with a lounge bed & lounge chair outside. Service at the Cabana was good, but you were also charged a mandatory 18% gratuity for the day of rental based on the cost of the cabana and any additional drinks/food that were ordered. Again, I would have liked to have the choice to tip what I thought was appropriate based on the quality of service received. I had a difficult time with mobile phone reception in my room with my carrier, Sprint. I had to talk by the window in my room to receive any reception at all, and then it was only one bar, arrgh! However, in the Lobby or at the pool, I had excellent mobile phone reception. I also had a LOT of difficulty in connecting with my laptop and had to make SEVERAL calls to the HELP desk to connect the first two days. My issue was resolved on day two of my four day stay - - which means for two days I didn't have internet connection - - yet I was paying a $25/day resort fee! The location was nice, across the street from the Fashion Mall and a FREE complimentary Shuttle Service to the Wynn Casino and Hotel every 15 minutes weekdays until Midnight and weekends until 2 AM. Nice! I booked this room through a discount hotel broker, so my per diem was a steal! If I had to pay full price through the hotel it wouldn't be worth the price based on my comments above. Would I return ..... based on my comments above, probably not.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at the Trump hotel the end of may through the beginning of June. The hotel is nice, not as nice as I expected but the rooms were decent sized and the bathroom was wonderful. This hotel does not have a casino but we actually enjoyed that. It is right across from the fashion mall which is very convenient we also used the shuttle they provide to Wynn and Ceasar's. Where this hotel really fails is it's cleaning and service staff. They did not restock or take care of the services in the room. The pool area could use some renovating and would be nice if it was bigger. We waited a very long time before a server came to take our order and we had to actually wave the server down very dissappointing. We did eat at the hotel restaurant one night and it was very good woul definitely recomend trying it, would also try the breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the train track.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at the Trump June 27 -July 1 2013 in room 3428.

Positives:beautiful property, rooms are spacious & nicely appointed.
The mini fridge is lovely for cooling water (you need a lot of this, buy at a grocery store to save $$), the sofa & chairs are comfy & allow for a daily to spread out a bit. Tons of closet and drawer space. The bathroom is nicely appointed with large shower and dual sinks. We didn't use the bathtub but the room had a jacuzzi tub which was huge!!!

Negatives: we found service to be lacking. We received a call from the concierge a few days before arriving, we made a request for all down pillows, etc to be removed from the room (allergies)...this was not completed and after check in we waited an hour to have new pillows brought (it was past midnight at this point). Our room was not cleaned the first day and when calling down for new towels we enquired and confirmed the rooms are generally cleaned daily but not always?? A few hours later our clean towels were delivered and the following 2 days our room was cleaned by dinner time. The last day we requested an extra hour to check out however were told because we booked thru Expedia it was not an option - it was no big deal but just a note to others: being an "Expedia" customer was quoted as a reason for the lack of cleaning, etc....next time I would check Expedia for the price but phone the hotel directly to see if they could match the rate.

If you are booking the Trump you probably already know it is "off" the strip...not a huge deal as there is a hotel shuttle that will take you to Ceasars and another up the street to Wynn. Just a note that this shuttle is a 15 passenger van so sometimes it fills up & you may wait a bit longer. Also not recommended when you are dressed up in the evening as it is a bit grubby & dirty inside.

We found cutting thru the mall (across the street) was handy & great for the shoppers in the family.

It is a family hotel due to the lack of casino & large rooms, great if you have kids. The pool is nice but a bit basic & in the heat it would pay to get there early to get a chair.

Other notes:
In-room safe was handy - not huge but holds passports, iPad and laptop comfortably.
The room is entered thru a double set of doors so you are off the hallway - makes it quieter although some people noted the train noise from their room (didn't bother us).

Overall- nice hotel, convenient for shoppers, quiet, terrible service & we learnt a lesson that booking thru Expedia may not be best with some chains as different rules apply to those "discount" guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I love the Trump and stay here every year for 7-10 days when I come to Vegas on business. If it's your first time staying in LV then I would recommend staying on the Strip in a casino hotel to get the "proper" Vegas experience at least once, but if you return often and know your way around or just want a peaceful 5* retreat with all the fun just a stones throw away, then the Trump is ideal.

It is incedible value for money: you get a room twice the size of an equivalent spend at a 4-5* casino hotel on the Strip. The views are great, you still feel like you're "in Vegas", you get a hot tub and huge walk-in shower in the bathroom, lounge area (as in sofas and chairs, not just one or two single seater chairs) and if you're there for an extended stay then you might find the small kitchen area, or at least the huge fridge, very useful.

The staff have always been very friendly and helpful, the whole place is clean, modern and smoke free. Because of the amenities in the room I prefer to have my own breakfast, but the restaurant downstairs was nice when I did go there. The spa is really nice and the two massages I have had there have been great, it's as nice as the Bellagio for example.

The location is just superb, even though you might look at Google Maps and think it's a few too many blocks away from the fun stuff. In reality there is a shuttle every 15-20mins from the hotel to Caesars (Forum Shops valet entrance) until midnight and a shuttle to Wynn/Encore too. Just across the street you can cut through Nordstrom directly into the Fashion Show Mall which has less fancy places to eat (CPK, Chipotle etc) and coffee shops if you fancy a rest from expensive restaurants up and down the strip. Walking through the mall will get you to the Venetian/Treasure Island in about 10 minutes and after that 10-15 minutes will get you to Caesars/Bellagio/Paris.

If you're walking, the closest convenience stores are in the Fashion Show Mall or the Walgreens on the corner of the Venetian. There is also a (naturally) expensive small shop in the hotel lobby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

The Trump is rated as 5 star but it is at best a 3 star hotel and I am being very generous with that rating. I manage a hotel and travel quite extensively so I feel that I have a pretty good handle on what a 5 star rating would be and it's not even close. The Trump Las Vegas is like a nice apartment building but definitely nothing more and again that is being generous as that is not saying much when you are situated across from the Wynn ... If Mr. Trump is honest with himself ... I would guess he would be embarrassed with this property ... If you use Priceline or Hotwire be wary of a 4 star hotel north strip ( which trump is not because it is actually set back from the Strip about 500 yards ) because you will be disappointed. The only positive about the hotel is that they have a free shuttle to Caesars ... We luckily only booked Trump for one night and were able to get a good deal at Caesars ... And our cheap room at Carsars still blew trump away for location, ambiance, ***pool****, no casino at trump, just s way better time!

• Stayed May 2013
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, we apologize that our property did not meet your expectations. We take value in feedback we receive from our guests and hope to continually evaluate our service execution. Should you return to Las Vegas, we hope you will allow us the opportunity to gain your confidence in our brand.

Regards,
Brian Baudreau
General Manager, Trump International Hotel las Vegas

Been to Trump International Hotel Las Vegas? Share your experiences!