“great vegas hotel(nonsmoking)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Save Saved
You added Trump International Hotel Las Vegas to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 Fashion Show Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Special Deal
Up to $100 Resort Credit
Ranked #17 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
Adams, Massachusetts
“great vegas hotel(nonsmoking)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was our first trip to Vegas, and read many reviews when choosing a place to stay. One of the reasons we chose Trump was because it was non-smoking. This was a very comfortable, welcoming hotel, very friendly staff. Quite attentive at the pool, which had ample lounge chairs, and daybeds for two, spent a few hours in one, had lunch by the pool ($16 for a boxlunch, which included a deli sandwich,chips,potato salad,cookie,fruit,candy and a mint) reasonably priced for the amount of food. We had a one-bedroom suite, mini kitchenette, coffee, fridge,microwave. Plenty of storage in the room and bathroom, shower was fantastic. It was a short walk to the strip, or there is a complimentary shuttle to Caesars. We did not have a car, but the bus ($8) for 24hours was a huge help to cut down on the walking, goes the entire length of the strip, even down to Fremont street. Would stay here again

Room Tip: There was a train that went by often during the night(few times), our room face the Mirage, not sure...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear valued Guest:

We are grateful that you selected our hotel to meet and exceed your lodging needs during your recent stay. You mentioned how much you enjoyed the hotel and the fact that we are 100% smoke free. Thank you for staying with us and allowing for us to serve you. Non-smoking is the way to go in a town where the majority of your choices are smoke filled casinos. We hope to have you back with us soon.

5,099 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,336)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kingwood, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our first visit to Las Vegas in over 20 years, and we wanted a smoke free, convenient hotel - one where we could celebrate a birthday together. The Trump's location is not visually that great (more development needed in the adjoining lot) but the hotel itself is excellent. The rooms are very spacious and well appointed, particularly the bathrooms. The hotel staff are professional and very helpful - they gave us a first rate restaurant recommendation for dinner, and provided a splendid in room breakfast. We really enjoyed our brief stay and will be back. Just one slight negative, we had a city view room, and the trains run right along that side of the hotel, even on floor 44 you hear their whistles through the night. Maybe the strip view rooms don't have that issue.

Room Tip: we had a city view room, and the trains run right along that side of the hotel, even on floor 44 you...
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for making Trump International your home away from home during your recent trip to Las Vegas. We enjoyed having you with us and I hope that you will come back soon and not wait another 20 years so that we can take care of you. You mentioned our world class staff in your review. I will be sure to share your review with them so they can know the impact they are having on our guests. Thank you again for staying with us and have a great day!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located right across from the mall, close to everything. The room has the flavor of a small studio apartment, the service is top notch, and we have a lovely view. Parking is valet, which gets cumbersome when you're in an out several times a day. The parking lane is very busy and you sometimes have to wait a while for your car. If you want to avoid that mess, park across the street at the mall. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the sound of the monorail. However, you may...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued Guest:

I enjoyed your review and would like to thank you for sharing your feedback. Having the entrance to Nordstrom in the Fashion Show Mall directly across the street from our front door is a huge asset and benefit to our guests. I noted that you enjoyed this in your review as well. Thank you for staying at Trump International and I hope that you will make it back in our doors soon.

Richmond, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I just gotten back from Vegas and my second stay at Trump. My last trip there was just in Oct for my bachelor party. I booked two rooms for friends and myself. Good location, but, had some trouble with the rooms. Spoke to the manager and had our resort fee waived one of the two rooms, but no repair was made.

Given the great staff, I decided to give them another chance. Big mistake! I got a room on the 37th floor facing back of the strip, maybe even the same room I stayed in last. Here is what everything fell apart.

1. Gone into the bathroom to get a bath ready for my 10 yr brother. It was not clean and hair was around the rim. So instead of calling for room service, my mom just clean it.
2. Got the tub full of water, turn on the jets, and they do not work. Great!
3. Moving on, it is my turn to shower, found out the fan do not work.
4. OK, moving on again, next morning, woken up by the sun. The curtain’s track is bend. It cannot fully close.
5. Next, tired to cook some left over from Denny’s and found out the microwave do not work. Button 1 thru 4 do not work, I had 5-0 to play with.
6. Tired to clean the dishes, the sink is clog and the sink grinder is out of order.

Ok that is it, is time to see the manager. Gone down ask to see a manager, the staff said she will try to resolve the issue. The staff offer me another room on the 52nd floor facing the strip. Sounds great but we had the whole day planned and did not have time to repack and unpack so decided to take the offer later when we are back. Unfortunately, we came back late and decided to go to sleep.
7. Woke up and now the kitchen fan breaks.

Everything is breaking down. Gone down and taken the offer to change room. I was offer 39 floor instead of the 52. A little disappointed but what can I do. Repack and unpack after going out for lunch. Prior to watching the next show, I called in to have the sofa bed made and left the room.
8. Came back 3 and a half hour later all tired, ready for bed. Guess what? The bed is not made but the sheets and pillow was brought into the room. Call downs stair and ask for the manager, explain myself and the line drops when I was on hold. OK, call again, explain myself to the second person and had the manger call me. Explain to the manager a third time, and had the housekeeper come make the sofa bed. While I explain what happen and ask for why, I hear the manager yelling at the staff in the back ground. I guess she thought she was on mute. The staff replies, “Do not disturb” light was on. Instead of taking ownership and responsibility, I was told a lie. How do I know, well, someone came in to deliver the new sheets and pillow. They just did not make the bed. The sheets was still in a plastic bag. I call out the lie and the manager apologize. Disappointed again and mad now. Waited another 30 minutes for everything to be done.

Tired and unhappy, I gone to sleep. Woke up the next morning, ready for a whole new day.
9. I find blood stain on the sheets and pillow. I checked, it wasn’t from me and given all had happen, I give up.

Last time I am staying at the Trump.

Some pros from this trip, the hotel driver did go out of his way to give us a lift to TI and staff did offer to waive two of four night’s resort fee. pool is big and the lobby was nice to look at. From the strip view room, you can see TI's firework.

The problem seem to be a trend. My last trip, the fan was broken in the bathroom, shower was clog, and had a broken sofa bed. This is why I called in two days in advance to have it pre-made. Guess 48 hr is the standard to get a bed made, 3 hours just won't do.

Room Tip: Check the room prior to unpacking. Make sure everything works!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your recent stay. I apologize for the challenges that we presented to you during your stay. Please know that this is not typical of a Trump Hotel experience and feel bad for what transpired. I hope that you will allow for us to serve you again so that we can win back your loyalty and replace this memory in your mind with a flawless one.

San Clemente, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This really is a nice place. I'm guessing it originally was built to be a timeshare or condos. We had the one bedroom suite and it was quite spacious. There was plenty of closet space (although not enough hangers). The kitchen featured a full-size refrigerator, microwave, range, oven, dishwasher and a single cup coffee maker. Although the kitchen is not furnished, you can call housekeeping and request what you need. The living room had a large sectional that turns into a bed, flat screen TV and a dining room table that seats four.

The marble master bathroom was big, with a separate bathtub. The double shower can be slippery with the marble flooring, so you might want to throw a towel down. There are, however, convenient grab bars. The robes that were supposed to be in the room were not, but housekeeping delivered them promptly. Housekeeping, BTW, is good for the most part. The safe is located in the bottom drawer of the built-in dresser in the bedroom (we had a hard time finding it).

The Trump is in a great location, a block from the Strip. It was a every-15-minutes shuttle service to Caesars Forum Shops (the old shops - you need to walk to the other side to get to the New Forum Shops). There is also an airport shuttle service that I believe is $10 per person. It is right across the street from a great mall and restaurants. If you need your morning Starbucks, walk across the street to the front of the mall facing Las Vegas Blvd and turn right. It is a very short distance on your right.

The caveats: there is a daily resort fee of $25 that covers your newspaper of choice, the two packs of coffee every day, health club, valet parking, two bottles of water per day in the room and whatever else. This is not optional. Very poor to no cell phone reception in the room. We had to go to the 3rd floor pool level outside or the lobby. The lobby bar had poor service the two times we were there. The pool area is not huge, so it fills up quickly. Also the pool shut down at 6 p.m. when we were there. The pool restaurant had very limited lunch options and were out of half the items at 12:45 pm when I showed up. There are limited snack items in the gift shop, but you can find junk food and beer and wine.

None of the above are really huge problems, like the noise is. I recommend to anyone to try a get a room facing Fashion Show Mall and not on the back side of the hotel. We were on the 16th floor and the air conditioners below us were annoying day and night. Being higher up would solve that problem, but not the one you will encounter with the traffic cam helicopters hovering over the busy roadways in back early in the morning. You will also reliably encounter loud train noise about 6:30 am each day. There is no self-parking. The pull-through drive in front of the hotel becomes very congested with taxis, personal vehicles, people with luggage, etc. You'll wait probably 15 minutes to get your car.

If you are looking for a grocery store for food for the room, there is a Whole Foods about 4 1/2 miles north on Las Vegas Blvd.

Overall, we would stay here again if we could get the right room because of the no casino, no smoking and great location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. The design of the building was for it to be a condo-hotel and operate the exact way that it currently is operating. There are a few others in Las Vegas. We enjoyed having you with us and hope that you will return.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

A superb non-smoking hotel located a few minutes walk from the Strip. We arrived early and while our room wasn't ready, they said they'd give us a call in an hour when it was ready. We happily walked over the road to the Fashion Show mall and shopped until we got the call, and they did call. We were asked if we wanted to upgrade (for an extra cost) and glad we didn't because our room was HUGE! And it was more than sufficient for a standard suite, king bed. Very clean too. We were surprised with the tv within the mirror in the bathroom - nice touch. Location is good as its not on the Strip but they do have a shuttle bus that goes often and drops you at Caesar's Palace. Highly recommend and would stay here again. Thank you Trump.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear valued Guest:

What a great review! I'm pleased to read that you had such a great time with us and that our world class team of associates left an impression on your with their service. Please know that we would enjoy being able to serve you again and hope that you will allow for us to do so many more times in the future. Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Trump International.

Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Just finished up a 3 night stay at the Trump International. This is a top class hotel in every way I can think of. The staff is very friendly and accommodating - the valet remembered my name when I returned. The rooms are huge, have a ton of storage, and are spotless. The bathroom is larger than many hotel rooms I've stayed in, and ours had a separate shower, whirlpool tub, and toilet. While we didn't hang out in many of the common areas, I have to mention the pool area. It is a fantastic space, with plenty of chairs, towels, and wait staff. It is also not pretentious, which is a nice change of pace from other places in Vegas.

The entire hotel is non-smoking, which is a nice change of pace for me, but your mileage may vary.

A couple minor flaws. First off, a person in our party ended up on the fold-out couch, and reported it was not very comfortable. Also, there is a train track that runs near the hotel. The trains never bothered me, but if you are very sensitive to sounds, it might.

Overall, we won't stay anywhere else in Vegas from here on out.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views. The south side rooms face the strip.
Dear valued Guest:

We know of the competition that is in this town and that makes your review that much more impactful. Thank you for staying with us and then for leaving a great review concerning your visit. We are proud of our hotel and staff and I'm pleased to read that you too had a positive impression of both. We hope to serve you again soon and hope that you have a great day!

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Been to Trump International Hotel Las Vegas? Share your experiences!