“Conveniently situated in Las Vegas” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

You added Trump International Hotel Las Vegas to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 Fashion Show Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save 20% on Room Nights
Ranked #17 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Conveniently situated in Las Vegas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

The hotel is situated off the strip, which is quite convenient. The strip is accessible through an easy walk through a shopping mall across the road. The rooms are quite big. We stayed in studio suite, while our children stayed in a standard room. Both offered views of the strip. We had to change rooms because the previous guests smoked in the room. This was handled very quickly and efficiently.
The swimming pool is quite big, the gym well equipped. All in all a great stay!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 48 th floor. The strip view is partially obscured by the Treasure Island hotel, so...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear valued Guest-

I enjoyed reading your review and we are grateful that you provided us with your feedback so that we can ensure that our efforts are being received positively from our guests. I'm happy that you had a great time in our hotel and hope that you will return to see us when you are back in Las Vegas.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,753)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Maybe it's because I had just escaped the living pinball machine that is The Cosmopolitan, but I felt so much more peaceful and at home at Trump. Here's why:

- NO CASINO. This is huge. No smoke, no flashig lights, no dinging bells, no obnoxious drunks

- Friendly, but not obsequious

- Generous-sized room outfitted in quality materials: Marble floors in the bathroom, beautiful blond wood, a kitchenette

- Tasteful decor (with the exception of the homoerotic piece behind the front desk, but that didn't bother me -- I just found it funny)

- Shuttle service

- Normal guests

- Quiet. Two doors separate the rooms from the hallway. The music playing in the common areas was classic

- Location. Easy walking distance to the Venetian, Bellagio and Wynn

- The price was right. My room rate was $169 (for a Friday night during a busy weekend in December)

My only complaint would be that a $25/day resort fee is charged, which wasn't advertised on the site (Carlson Wagonlit) through which I booked my reservation. The charge *does* cover a lot, however: gym ($20 per use elsewhere), wi-fi, valet parking, and in-room water.

Besides Trump, I have stayed at The Venetian, The Luxor, The Cosmopolitan, Bellagio, Mandalay Bay and Caesar's Palace. Trump was the classiest of the bunch, with Bellagio not far behind it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear valued Guest:

We work hard so that all of our guests will feel as if they were treated like royalty and experienced luxury to the highest level. It's great that you had a fantastic time with us. We look forward to serving you again.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We have stayed in LV before and had issues with smoke/smokers and found this to be the only hotel that guarantees non smoking rooms, so we took it (the others "try to accommodate your requests" but no promises are made).

Check in was a breeze, the room was BIG (we had a studio suite - strip view) and were allocated a room on the 47th floor - very nice! There was no noise from the other rooms or the hallway. The bathroom was BIG as was the bath/spa. The bed was very comfortable and there's a range of pillows to choose from. The A/C is very good and effective. Unlike most hotels we have stayed at in the US, the room had a small bar fridge for water and anything else you might buy.

We had a few small issues during our stay which were all dealt with immediately. There were no issues with housekeeping or any other staff.

I don't see a problem with being off the strip - it means that it's quieter than most places, there's no one trying to hand you cards or trying to sell you something every 3 metres and there's zero pedestrian traffic. It's right across from the Fashion Show Mall, which is very handy, and if you can't be bothered walking there's a shuttle which will take you to Wynns or Caesars. Surely a bit of walking can't hurt when eating in Vegas?

The staff were super-polite and very professional. When we left each day we were wished a good day, and we were welcomed back each time we came back. We rented a car from the valet desk with no problems and really enjoyed the positive atmosphere. At night (maybe after 9pm or so, not sure) there WAS a security guard checking that we had room keys before they would allow us past the foyer which we didn't have a problem with and got used to after the first few times, having never encountered it before.

We've been travelling for about 9 years and had never stayed at a Trump hotel before but this was the best hotel experience we've had (the Outrigger Reef on the Beach in Hawaii is a very, very close second).

Room Tip: The higher the room the better!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your recent stay at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas. We enjoyed being able to serve you and hope that you will return many more times in the future. Your loyalty means a lot to us.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Decided to stay here after many considerations. The complaints about the property being off strip and freight train noise always turned me off. I booked this room under a holiday promotion which included 15% off room rate, $50 off spa treatments, late check out and 15% off for holiday shopping at Saks. Upon arriving I was satisfied with the decor, environment and vibe. It was clean and luxurious. There were a few hiccups at check in, I told the agent I was going to pay cash for room charges then put incidental deposit on a credit card but he ended up putting everything on my card, that was later fixed, but strike one. I was supposed to receive a voucher for 15% off holiday shopping at Saks upon checking in and that didnt happen. I was told they were out but they would have it ready for me the next day, strike two. I thought about paying $30 more to upgrade to a strip view suite in hope to avoid freight train noise but decided against it. The room was nicely decorated, modern and spacious. The built ins were great use of space which I like. The room definitely didnt look boring and different than other hotels. The fridge came in handy to store water bottles and leftover food. Glasses and utensils were available for use without having to call housekeeping to bring them. Plenty of storage space. The bathroom was spacious with a good sized standing shower and jacuzzi tub. The bed was very comfortable, but I still love the ones from Aria. I can hear freight train noises from time to time at night but it didnt interfere with my sleeping like others have complained. Some even decided to book strip view room just to avoid this and I can tell you that it's unnecessary. There's no room in this hotel that you can book to avoid hearing train noises. The resort fee is quite steep comparing to others, I wasn't happy with it but what are you gonna do? I can hear my neighbors coming and going from time to time but for the most part it's very quiet. I was surprised to see that a hotel of this caliber does not have a security guard standing in the lobby checking for hotel key cards. Anyone can come and go. Complimentary shuttle is definitely handy, take advantage of it. A short walk to Las Vegas Blvd. I decided to take advantage of the $50 off spa treatment and it was worth it. It was basically the highlight of my stay here. I booked an aroma infused massage and it was great. Spa facility was clean, quiet, and relaxing. After checking in, you'll be given a robe and slippers. I relaxed a bit in the lounge while my therapist was getting ready. Upon entering the massage room, I was in awe and felt at ease right away. It was decorated nicely, great use of space and lighting was perfect. Before the massage I was introduced to different massage oils that the therapist would use on me and I chose lemongrass. I highly recommend it because not only it smelled great but it doesn't smell like any of the scents that I can get from Glade candles. The spa facility is definitely 5 stars. My therapist was caring, polite and professional. I had a lot of massages and I can tell that her techniques are different than others I had and worth the $160 an hour before the $50 off. After the massage I decided to check out the sauna and steam room which was clean and relaxing. I cant wait to go back. The only downside is the hot tub is in the pool area which was closed for the day. Then it was dinner time and I called down to front desk to see if they have my 15% off voucher from Saks, they said it's ready to be picked up. I picked it up and didnt see the voucher in the envelope so I called again, this time they said I have to go to Fashion Show mall concierge and present my Trump hotel key card to receive the voucher. So before dinner I walked over to the mall concierge and showed my key card and she gave me 10% off coupons from Macy's, coupon books for Fashion Show mall and Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian but none from Saks. She then told me I should go to Saks and talk to them. I ended up talking to an associate from Saks and asked him about this 15% off that I was supposed to get as a guest from Trump and he didnt know anything about it but gladly called a supervisor to find out. After a few minutes I was given a voucher. I felt like I was given a run around, so strike three. What's a big deal about 15% off voucher from Saks you ask? It's not a big deal, but I just want what I'm entitled to get. The voucher is good on most things with minimal exclusions and can be used all day instead of just one transaction, so I basically did my xmas shopping there. Earlier in the day I asked housekeeping to leave me more body lotion instead of shampoo and conditioner when I came back from dinner I got more shampoo and conditioner than body lotion, so I had to call down and straighten out this matter. The next day I called down to ask for late check out at 4pm and that went without a hitch. Overall it was a good stay, it would have been perfect without a few hiccups. The property being off strip wasnt as big of a deal as I thought and with complimentary shuttle to Caesars Palace would be enough for me return to this property on my next trip to Sin city.

Room Tip: If you want to book strip view room for the view, go for it. But dont pay upgrade fee for strip view...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Staying at the Trump for the first time was a pleasant surprise. Although many claim it is off the beaten path, I think it's closer than it appears. A great way to access the strip is to walk through the Fashion Show Mall. Wow! Great shops and restaurants...an easy way to get to the strip. But I digress.

The Trump is an elegant, well kept, hicg-class hotel. Very friendly and attentive staff. Excellent housekeeping (most importantly, of course).

Oh! Can't beat the price to stay here compared to some of the other 5 star hotels. It was worth a try and I will certainly consider staying here again. There are simply a lot of darn good reasons to...

Room Tip: Nice view is worth paying more...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing your feedback and providing us with some comments to use in our evaluations of our processes. It's great that you enjoyed our fine hotel and we hope that you will return many more times in the future for another great stay.

florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a great hotline with terrific amenities. We are always treated like we at VIP everytime we visit. There are no casinos which we love because we always with the kids. Very nice not to smell cigarettes while walking through the hotel. Roof top pool is very relaxing. Rooms were comfortable and the restaurant or breakfast is delicious . We have no complants.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for allowing us to provide you with a great stay worthy or a five star review. We enjoyed having you with us and we hope that you will allow for us to serve you many more times in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Wonderful hotel located at the North end of the strip . . . spacious rooms (and we had a studio), jacuzzi, kitchenette, clean, excellent staff, etc. The absence of a casino and thus the crowds was a delight. Definitely the place to stay in Las Vegas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear valued Guest:

I enjoyed reading your feedback and am grateful that you selected Trump International Hotel Las Vegas as your hotel of choice during your recent stay. You mentioned a few of the many great aspects of the hotel and I hope that you will return to enjoy them again. Have a great day and thank you for your comments.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Been to Trump International Hotel Las Vegas? Share your experiences!