“A little disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Save Saved
You added Trump International Hotel Las Vegas to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 Fashion Show Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Special Deal
Up to $100 Resort Credit
Ranked #17 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Anguilla
“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We got an incredible deal on this hotel through Hotwire, which is how we ended up staying here for three nights. I would have never normally picked this place (I didn't even really know where it was), and for it to be labeled as a Strip hotel is a little bit of an exaggeration. It's tucked away behind the mall -- not on the Strip at all. No casino or cool lobby bar inside. It's just a hotel. The rooms are pretty luxe (marble everything in the bathroom, TV in the bathroom mirror, comfy bed, etc.), but some of the rooms face the train tracks and can get pretty noisy. I was little disappointed when we got our room. I had spoken with an agent beforehand to let her know we were celebrating our engagement and requested a room (specifically) not near the train tracks and wanted to see if we could upgrade to a Strip view. She worked with me and assured me both of those things would happen. Neither of them did. Instead, we got a noisy room with a view of the freeway and strip clubs. This was a surprise weekend I had planned for my fiancé so I felt a bit duped by this whole thing -- I didn't want him to think I was trying to skimp on this getaway! The alarm in our room kept going off at 6AM, too!! Not a fun wakeup call after late nights out. BLEH.

There's a shuttle that goes to the Wynn and to Caesar's, which is useful if you make it before they stop running (2AM and 12AM, respectively). The service was nice enough, but all in all, I wouldn't consider this a 5* hotel. I was very disappointed with the fact that I got this place after booking a 5* on the Strip; had I purchased insurance, I would have cancelled it and booked elsewhere. There's a $25 resort fee per day, too, which includes internet, pool, spa access, shuttle service, etc.

If you're looking for a quiet getaway, this could be the place for you. A pretty nice pool, luxe amenities and a pretty glitzy interior. If you're looking for a Vegas getaway -- on the Strip, a fun environment with lots of entertainment on-site, stay away. Even at the rate we got ($108/night + resort fee), I don't know that I would book here again. A little disappointed by our whole experience. Might be worth to spend a little more and get a hotel on the Strip!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train tracks (they may or may not honor this) and pay to be upgraded to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear valued Guest:

I never like to see a title to a review like yours. We have such a great hotel and world class staff that we are confident that we can provide every guest with a flawless experience. I apologize that we fell short in our efforts to serve you. I hope that you will allow for us to serve you again so that we can restore your faith in us.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,478)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We came to the Trupm for 3 nights and really enjoyed it! The rooms are very very good, we got the Strip view room and it was amayzing. We had only one with the room itself -there was a train passing by every fee hours and the horn made an annoying noise even early in the morning.
The location is also good. Close to the Wynn and they also have shuttles ( every 15-20 min) to the Wynn and Ceazers, so it was very comfortable. The service providers were all so nice.
My problem with the hotel - is the pool. There are almost no umberllas to get away from the hot sun. You can get it with a bed for usd 50 a day... But no way!!! We could not stay there more then 10 min. They have only few umbrellas for the regular guests that are not paying the usd 50 - we were mad about it... We just wanted to relax during the day in the poo, but we couldn't. This is our only big issue with the hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your comments. Our rooms and service truly are world class. I appreciate your mention of them. I will be sure to share them with our team.

Mesa, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Nice Hotel with lots of amenities and beautiful rooms with an amazing view. I enjoy my stay, the only problem was that i took Ringworm fungus with me home. Now i have it all over my body from my head scalp to my legs. It sucks when you pay to stay in a 5 start hotel and you come across this dirty place. Personally i will never stay or recommend this hotel to anyone.

Dear valued Guest:

I'm sorry to read about the challenges that you experienced during your stay. I appreciate your feedback and please know that this will allow for us to improve as a hotel. Have a great day.

minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We checked into the Trump Hotel late and were upgraded to a 2 room suite. Huge bathroom with Jacuzzi overlooking the city. Our sofa bed was nothing more than springs with a sheet, BUT when I called down they brought up a thick down mattress pad. Make sure you ask for this if using the sofa bed! Resort fee $25/day, but also a $25 credit for the spa which we used. Food in the restaurant was exceptional as was the staff. We discovered the last night a full dinner cost less than appetizers at another 5 star hotel down the strip. This hotel was perfect for us because it was non smoking through out and no depressing casino. Mojiitos by the pool were great. We had a red eye flight on our last day and they allowed us to stay in the room until 11pm. Yes, that was pm.

Room Tip: High. We were on the 30th floor. We did hear a train in the morning. I see now, south side is quiete...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear valued Guest:

I'm glad that you had a great time with us. We work hard so that all of our guests will feel the way about their stay that you did. We hope to have you back with us in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel and the rooms are excellent.Extremely spacious rooms and awesome bathroom.They provide a free shuttle bus to some of the hotels on the strip.Taxis are easily available and you can just walk across the street to the Fashion Show mall for your meals.
Since its a bit off the strip we got a very good on the hotel.But walking back to the hotel from the strip late at night can be quite tedious but if you are ok with the walk or cabbing it then its an excellent choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear valued Guest:

We enjoy serving all of our guests and hearing what they have to say about their stay. Thank you for your comments and for allowing to to serve you. Your review will be shared with our team.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Excellent minus the location. You would've thought this was right in the heart of the action. I would stay here again if they moved it more central. Slightly over priced and in typical trump fashion a little gawdy, however great stay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear valued Guest:

We receive mixed reviews about our location. Many people enjoy being right across the street from Nordstrom and Fashion Show Mall and a 5-10 minute walk to Las Vegas Blvd. I am glad that you provided your feedback and are grateful for it.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I booked this hotel as it was the cheapest of the 5star hotels on the strip. I did not expect much for our three night stay but to honest I was blown away by how nice the hotel and rooms actually are. On check-in we were upgraded to a one bedroom suite on a high floor overlooking the Wynn and Encore. The room was huge and decorated to a very high standard. Having stayed in nearly all the 5star hotels on the strip I have to say that this is one of my new favourites.
I would recommend the Trump to anyone looking for luxury without the hefty price tag, or anyone who does not like walking through a busy casino to reach their room. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: one bedroom suite on a high floor
Dear valued Guest:

It is an honor to receive the amount of 5-star reviews that we do, but it is especially great when we receive such great feedback from an experienced Trip Advisor reviewer. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great time with us. Please return on your next trip to Las Vegas.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Been to Trump International Hotel Las Vegas? Share your experiences!