“Bit more real than the beautiful people” 3 of 5 stars
Review of LAX the Nightclub

LAX the Nightclub
3900 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89138 (Paradise)
702-280-4529
Improve this listing
Book Now

Ranked #150 of 258 nightlife in Las Vegas
Type: Bar/ Clubs
Attraction Details
Melbourne, Australia
48 attraction reviews
“Bit more real than the beautiful people”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Was there in Sept, had already been to Bank and this was our second stop. Bit more unpretentious crowd and people in there 30's. Some really trashy women dancing on the stage kept the whole club transfixed and amused at their expense. A more relaxed feel than the top clubs but a lot of fun.

Visited September 2012

Sheffield, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Better than most clubs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I am not much of a clubbing person but I thought I would go whilst I was staying at the Luxor, Drinks are reasonable and the music was good! Not the biggest of clubs but still one of the best I have been too!

Visited September 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
10 attraction reviews
“haha, do NOT go here during the week!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been to LAX on a weekend after it had just opened. Fantastic.

So we were in the Luxor gambling on a Monday night and they handed us two free passes to get in. After winning some cash at the BlackJack table, thought we could check it out.

Well...no wonder they were giving free passes.
The had just one small part of the nightclub open.
The music was terrible and the people there...well, let's just say they wer the kind who would not be regular's at the clubs on weekends.

Had two drinks and got out of there...

Weekdays: don't bother.
Weekends: yes, great club

Visited October 2012
Cornwall, Canada
15 attraction reviews
“Great atmosphere and pumping music.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Went there on a Saturday night as a party bus tour .When walking in its pretty cool walking thru stairs and bring directed by lights when walking in its like making a grand entrance down the staircase . The dance floor is a decent size and the drinks are pretty affordable .The music they play is hip hop top 40music which is great .

Phoenix, Arizona
15 attraction reviews
“sucked/expensive/ boring/rude employees”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I'm going to say that the only nice thing about this place was the way it looked and being on the guest list we had a quick entry...no more then 10 minutes.

Now here is the bad:
What I didn't understand is that it was staged to be classy...but it was not classy at all. The music was "ok" at best. They were playing last years music. I don't think I will ever go back.

The dance floor is soooooo crowded it's hard to dance without hitting people. I literally walked from one side of the room all the way to the bathroom...it took me ten minutes and my Butt was grabbed four times. The DJ was lacking. I believe they have a system...pay to get in..buy a drink or two...and feel forced to leave by it's crowdedness...it's a great way to make money.

Lucky for me they had a special going on where girls get in free but for all the guys I was with...they had to pay 40 bucks to get in. In my opionion if your just with your girls...then yeah give it a try if you have nothing else to do, but if your with your guy and any other men...it's not worth the money. I would have been upset If spent 40 dollars for entry on that boring club...and we were there on a friday night. Also, The bartender was sooo rude to my dad and I...but I don't want to get into that.

They said that the free ladies drinks up to midnight were only cranberry juice and vodca...that it probably the crappiest, cheap drink ever served. I took one sip and it was discusting filled with water. I wound up buying my own drink. Then later I saw that a bar tender gave my friend a gin and tonic...but our bar tender told us I could only have cranberry juice and vodca?

Then later on after my parents, brother, and his girlfriend were upset enough that they left....an "usher" or the guy that guards the table and seats asked my sister and I to go up to a private room with our "female" friends, we felt insulted and ofcourse my sister asked if our guy friends and boyfriends can go up too? as a wise reply...ofcourse he said no. He was going to give us a free table upstairs but then he wasn't willing to find my dad a table earlier in the night when he was willing to pay for it...by the way the booths are not worth 300 a night or hour...that's what he told my dad they were and we still wanted one and he said no...almost like if the 300 would make us change our minds.I thought he was lying because when I dad asked for a booth..he said they are 300 a night, my dad said ok that's fine...then he chnaged his story to 300 an hour...my dad still said okay. Then he said "sorry they are reserved...why didn't you say that to begin with slick?
You can't even walk through the club without the employees hitting on you...it's normal for customers and guests...I was expecting that but from employees? come on. Get some class. The owners should reall evaluate their employees. I'm there to dance...not be harassed and bothered.

Also by brother couldn't go in with his DCs that were in really good shape but he let a guy go in with these Dirty, grungy vans on.

It's a shame because this place is really beautiful...but it's not being run the right way.

Visited October 2012