“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

West Star Hotel and Casino
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   Highway 93 & Poker St., Box 775, Jackpot, NV 89825   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Jackpot
Bozeman, Montana
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For an average rate of $49-$69 a night, I am surprised that anyone is surprised that, the carpet and walls are filthy and the hotel is tired. The breakfast is meager but it not advertised as a full continental breakfast. The staff was kind. We made last minute plans to go to Jackpot and this was the last place to find a room. I knew from my $62/night rate, in this very remote town, to set my expectations low. Yes, the hotel could pay more attention to the cleanliness of the rooms, but we made it a great stay and made wonderful memories in this remote, little town.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at West Star Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Our guest comments are very important as we work to offer clean and comfortable accommodations. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you will let us serve you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Horrible..very dirty..hair in bath tub and carpets looked like pet accidents all over..toilet seat looked like it came from a run downed gas station...both my husband and I were sick in the morning and felt better as soon as we left..I will never stay here again...EVER!

• Stayed February 2015
Thank you for your comments. I will forward your comments to the hotel manager for his attention. I am so sorry that your room was not as expected.
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We tried to get a room somewhere else , but there were no other rooms available. The first room they gave us had a person in the room sleeping. when we told the front desk they gave us some apartment upstairs. This room had a broken lamp shade that my Husband tried to fix and it was just a creepy room. Next time we will need to call the other Hotels days in advance. I would rather stay in my car. They wouldn't even give us a break for us walking in on someone in bed.

Room Tip: If you can go somewhere else or go to Twin Falls if there are no other Hotel availability's.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at West Star Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I am so sorry that you experienced problems with the room you were assigned. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience to you and your husband. Thank you for staying with us.
Astoria, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After spending the day in the desert nearby we decided to stay in Jackpot. I called on the way to make reservations at Cactus Pete's. Cactus and Horseshu were booked so the gentleman said we could book a room at West River. Got into town around 9 pm tired and dirty. The carpeting from the lobby to our room looked as though no one had vacuumed in ages. The rooms were discusting. Floors were gross. Supposedly fresh towels had brown and yellow stains on them. Entry floor had not been mopped in forever. Stains on carpeting, walls and I don't want to know where else. Shower had a huge do it yourself patch in the floor. Shower head was so low, chest level to my husband!! Cigarette burns in the chairs. Sleep in your car for a week instead of staying here! I would have been happier sleeping in the desert. It was definitely cleaner than this place.

Room Tip: Across the street.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry that you experienced problems during your recent visit with us. We do appreciate your feedback so we can address the items mentioned and make improvements. We do appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon.
Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

my road dawg and my future wife to be one day. were going to idaho to visit family. i thought i was going to be able to drive all the way through from san bernardino, california. well we decided to get some rest so we (i) wouldnt be grumpy. when we arrived. we got in around 7 give or take an hour or so. after winding down went to take a shower. the shower pressure was not worth taking a shower. i simply went down and explained our situation. to a man named paulo. who in which gave us another key to another room. slept great. woke up and had there breakfast. great waffles by the way, thanks for showing us how to use the machine.lol.sorry about the mess. i tried. went back to the room and slept. woke up at check out. called the front desk and told them we just need to shower real quick, and we will be out of there. no problem. we were out of there by 11:45 thanked them and the rest is history.thanks guys for the hospitality.

Room Tip: dont go to the hotel on the south side of the city.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at West Star Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, December 10, 2014
Thank you for such a wonderful review. As always it is a pleasure to know that we have made our guests stay pleasurable, memorable, and comfortable. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service from check in to check out.
I will pass your comments on to our staff, and we look forward to seeing you and again in the future.
Hemet, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

November 13, 2014 I went on a road trip with my fiance and our road dog Thumper. Left California early morning and planned on driving all the way to Idaho. Thirteen hours later we had stopped at the first hotel in town, it was at a good price but not pet friendly. Two gentlemen were cooking soup outside their car and told us that it was the cheapest hotel nearby. When we got to the West Star Hotel & Casino the we were glad we didn't settle for the other hotel. The workers were nice to us and very welcoming.
We got our room and settled in and after about almost an hour my fiance went to go take a shower and the pressure wasn't working. He suggested we get another room & I was nervous to do so. But there was not a problem at all in switching them, which was nice for a change. My favorite part of my stay was the complimentary breakfast in the morning. The best part of my stay was the price!!! Next time I take a road trip to Idaho I will most defiantly stay at the West Star Hotel & Casino! Overall rating excellent.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed the convenience and accommodations of your most recent visit with us. Your satisfaction is our top priority and your feedback is more than welcome as an encouraging reinforcement to the policies that we've implemented to improve upon each guests experience. Thank you for sharing and we hope to see you again soon!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014 via mobile

I gave a card to get the room and advised I would be paying with cash. They still charged my card! And wouldn't give me a receipt. We got sick from the food at the casino. The rooms were disgusting! And they have spliced the cable so much the tv didn't come in clear. My family and I were not happy with the stay at all. I'm waiting for them to return my money for the double charge!!!

• Stayed November 2014
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at West Star Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, November 18, 2014
I am so sorry that you experienced problems during your recent visit with us. Your experience is not typical of our hotel and services, however, we do appreciate your feedback so we can address the items mentioned and make improvements. The restaurant/bar is totally separate from the hotel and we have no control over the food served there. We do appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon

Been to West Star Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!