“ITS TO BE READ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Jackpot
Ontario, California
“ITS TO BE READ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

my road dawg and my future wife to be one day. were going to idaho to visit family. i thought i was going to be able to drive all the way through from san bernardino, california. well we decided to get some rest so we (i) wouldnt be grumpy. when we arrived. we got in around 7 give or take an hour or so. after winding down went to take a shower. the shower pressure was not worth taking a shower. i simply went down and explained our situation. to a man named paulo. who in which gave us another key to another room. slept great. woke up and had there breakfast. great waffles by the way, thanks for showing us how to use the machine.lol.sorry about the mess. i tried. went back to the room and slept. woke up at check out. called the front desk and told them we just need to shower real quick, and we will be out of there. no problem. we were out of there by 11:45 thanked them and the rest is history.thanks guys for the hospitality.

Room Tip: dont go to the hotel on the south side of the city.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at West Star Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for such a wonderful review. As always it is a pleasure to know that we have made our guests stay pleasurable, memorable, and comfortable. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service from check in to check out.
I will pass your comments on to our staff, and we look forward to seeing you and again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hemet, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

November 13, 2014 I went on a road trip with my fiance and our road dog Thumper. Left California early morning and planned on driving all the way to Idaho. Thirteen hours later we had stopped at the first hotel in town, it was at a good price but not pet friendly. Two gentlemen were cooking soup outside their car and told us that it was the cheapest hotel nearby. When we got to the West Star Hotel & Casino the we were glad we didn't settle for the other hotel. The workers were nice to us and very welcoming.
We got our room and settled in and after about almost an hour my fiance went to go take a shower and the pressure wasn't working. He suggested we get another room & I was nervous to do so. But there was not a problem at all in switching them, which was nice for a change. My favorite part of my stay was the complimentary breakfast in the morning. The best part of my stay was the price!!! Next time I take a road trip to Idaho I will most defiantly stay at the West Star Hotel & Casino! Overall rating excellent.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed the convenience and accommodations of your most recent visit with us. Your satisfaction is our top priority and your feedback is more than welcome as an encouraging reinforcement to the policies that we've implemented to improve upon each guests experience. Thank you for sharing and we hope to see you again soon!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I gave a card to get the room and advised I would be paying with cash. They still charged my card! And wouldn't give me a receipt. We got sick from the food at the casino. The rooms were disgusting! And they have spliced the cable so much the tv didn't come in clear. My family and I were not happy with the stay at all. I'm waiting for them to return my money for the double charge!!!

• Stayed November 2014
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at West Star Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I am so sorry that you experienced problems during your recent visit with us. Your experience is not typical of our hotel and services, however, we do appreciate your feedback so we can address the items mentioned and make improvements. The restaurant/bar is totally separate from the hotel and we have no control over the food served there. We do appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon
Red Deer, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

Booked here for 3 nights, by myself, as timing meant I had 3 days to fill while waiting for my wife to meet up with me. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Room was OK, but floor was in bad need of cleaning. The bed was OK, and everything else was very clean. Towels were clean, but torn and ready for replacement. Wi-fi was good. They do offer a breakfast with the room. There isn't much there, but you can get filled up, to gett your day started. Good price, but the location is poor. To get to the other Casinos, you either walk through the rough hillside, take the long way around to stay on pavement, or call and wait for the shuttle bus. I didn't use it, but it is nice to have that shuttle bus as an option, as it's quite a walk back up the hill, after an evening of casinos.
I was impressed when I checked in. Because I was staying three nights, I was given one of the few rooms with a balcony. That again, was the staff being attentive to their guests. Unfortunately, I had to move, as that particular room was the one directly over the casino, and was just too noisy. Nothing to do with the staff, just hotel design. The second room was OK, just old.
I give the staff full credit for trying, but the hotel is in serious need of updating, and I would stay at one of the other hotels next time through Jackpot.

Room Tip: 219 has the balcony, but is right over the Casino, so can be very noisy for a few hours at night. 3...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at West Star Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, November 12, 2014
Thank you for your comments, we will certainly address the issues you mentioned and make corrections. We apologize for the inconvenience of having to move from one room to another. We appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon.
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

The bartenders that work the overnight shift are the rudest bartenders in town. If you want good service,go between 4pm and 11pm when Angelica is working. She will serve you anything that you want. The other two are the laziest bartenders that you will ever see.they will not leave the bar for anything.They will make you go up to the bar to get drinks. Angelica will walk around and ask you if you want drinks while you are gambling. Those two guys only care about their locals and not the guest.

I would recommend that you check the west star during the hours of 4pm-11pm,because when the guy bartenders come in,good luck on getting a drink. They will be rude if you ask them for something.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
The bar is separate from the hotel and the hotel has no control of the actions of the bar and/or it's employees. However, we are very sorry that you were not treated as a valued customer.
We are the Westar Hotel appreciate your business and hope this incident will not keep you from staying with us again.
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

very nice clean rooms, lobby was super clean very friendly staff specially manager Paul, big flat screen tv great wifi nothing to complaint about anything can't beat the price, i dont care what others say we had very good stay at west star will be back Paul Thank you

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at West Star Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, November 9, 2014
Thank you for your review, we are so glad that we met your expectations. Our staff is dedicated to offering great accommodations and customer services. Thank you for choosing our hotel.
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

The first thing I always need during a good vacation is a relaxing hotel room. This hotel is paradise. Nice, clean and comfortable rooms. Excellent customer service. I would definitely be coming back here! The rooms are affordable, however, I would be willing to pay more because it is all worth my money.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your awesome review of our facility. We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit and hope you will come back soon. We appreciate your business.

Been to West Star Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!