“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Jackpot
San Francisco, California
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I have been staying at this hotel at least once a year on our way to Idaho for the past ten years. The price is always reasonable, the staff very friendly and the rooms are large with double beds and flatscreen TV's. The rooms have always been clean as have the bedding. Breakfast (self made waffles, cereal, OJ, Coffee, buns, etc.) is available in the lobby area.

If you sit at the bar in the casino area, have a sandwich and play the slots, the drinks are on the house. Wi-Fi is available and a computer is available in the lobby area. It is a far better deal than Cactus Pete's.

Room Tip: Second floor non-smoking rooms are clean and do not have smoke odors or masked odors.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

No hot water!!' They checked us in and didn't tell us their boiler was broken and we couldn't shower. Room was dirty, carpet filthy and bumpy. We asked to speak to a manager. There was no manager. The guy at the front desk called the police on us for asking for a refund. They refused to refund our money.DO NOT STAY HERE!! No wonder there was only five cars in the parking lot. This place should be burned down! It's disgusting!

• Stayed August 2014
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at West Star Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 6 days ago
I am so sorry that you experienced problems during your recent visit with us. We will certainly use your comments to make improvements.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Got stuck staying here because no other rooms available in town and was long day on the road. My advice go a mile down the road and sleep there, definitely wasn't worth the money. Smelled like pee at the front entrance..DISGUSTING would not recommend to anyone.

Stayed July 2014
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at West Star Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do apologize for the issue that you encountered with housekeeping, though I am glad you found the room to be clean and comfortable. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you will let us serve you again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

If price and you're just looking for a place to crash for the night are the most important thing, this will work. If you shop around and see something for a few dollars more and you can spare the money, you might want to spend the money. This place is about 10 years (or more) beyond needing an update. The buildings colors outside, the carpet in the halls/rooms, the furniture, and the bar/casino all need updated. The bed was lumpy but I still slept well. The room was large. I did not fear for my life like another reviewer. If I would have went to Cactus Pete's website (not on priceline) and saw their room was $20-$30 more I may have went that route. To be fair, the staff was nothing but friendly and helpful. I barely heard my neighbors, the building had better soundproofing than many other hotels I've stayed in. My room had coffee, flat screen TV, and plenty of soaps/shampoos. If you are on a tight budget, this place is acceptable.

Stayed July 2014
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at West Star Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for your review and feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. We use these comments to improve and upgrade the facility. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and hope you will visit again soon.
Gilroy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

When checking in the hotel did not have our reservation. We showed the person at the desk our print out receipt showing the room had been paid for as well as the contact information with the vendor we booked the room with. We were told we would need to use our credit card, and latter they would see if they could work it out. Not wanting to be charged twice from the lobby I called the booking agent and they called the hotel, in a few moments we were allowed to check in without our card being charged. No idea why the front desk would not have done this, as no one else was checking in at the time. We felt this lack of wanting to help set a bad tone and poorly represented the property. We did find the rooms to be dated, but clean and no issues. on the night we stayed only 5 other cars parked in the lot, so we had a quiet stay. Once front desk is properly trained and focused on the client the property can receive better reviews

Room Tip: Off the road so no noise from traffic. Stayed on 3rd floor and very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at West Star Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
I am sorry that there was confusion at check in and the inconvenience to you. We appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon.
Pomona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Was in Jackpot City after a long drive , checked in at the West Star Hotel, stayed in the town for 2 nights , the room was very well kept and maintained and clean.The king size beds were comfortable . The staff was very friendly and even gave me extra pillows and towels late in the nite and of course cannot forget the coffee.

Since it was my first visit to Jackpot , the front desk helped me a lot with their good knowledge about the area , to sum it up It was a good value for money. I have to visit Jackpot city again in July and have made my reservations with them already. If you value your money and are looking for good sleep and decent place , then I would surely recommend this motel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing our hotel. Your review is so important to us as we work to offer great services and comfortable accommodations. Please come see us again.
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The walls in the bath room were dirty the ceiling over the bed had something on it! It was just yucky! The front desk wasn't knowledgeable about check in! Won't go again! This was our get away from the kids and I will go to cactus Pete's next time

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at West Star Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
I am so sorry that your accommodations were not as clean as expected. I will forward your comments to the manager so corrections can be made. We apologize for the inconvenience to you. We do appreciate our business.

Been to West Star Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!