“Could Use Some Updating...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Jacks Hotel/Casino

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jackpot
Four Jacks Hotel/Casino
Us Highway 93, Jackpot, NV 89825   |
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Jackpot
Meridian, Idaho
“Could Use Some Updating...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I'm not a huge fan of Jackpot, NV, but when my friends and I have a chance to see one of our favorite bands we will go anywhere. We looked for rooms months ahead time and even then the Four Jacks Hotel was the only hotel that had rooms available. We arrived in Jackpot at 2:50 and went to check in. Upon reaching the front desk, we were told we are not allowed to check-in until 3:00, so we had to wait for 10 minutes. After receiving our keys we proceeded to go to our rooms, all of which were still being cleaned. The room itself was basic but adequate. Queen sized bed with clean linens, nightstand, table and chair, tv and dresser. The air conditioner worked perfectly. The room had a ceiling fan, however two of the light bulbs were burnt out. The vanity area was very small, hardly any counter space. The bathroom itself was small. The shower was great. Good water pressure and no temperature changes. The shower also had multiple areas for storage of your bath products. Overall the room was adequate for $59.00. With that being said there are several things the Four Jacks could improve on to actually make me think about staying here again... overall updating, a simple fresh coat of paint can work wonders, add clocks and coffee pots in the rooms, update the hairdryers from the previous century, supply better quality and larger bath towels, offer "closets" in all rooms (not insta-hangers that come out of the wall). Most of the rooms in the second hallway have a window that looks out into an area that could be turned into a garden, but instead looks like an alley with trash. Would I stay here again? It wouldn't be my first choice.....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Nampa, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I would have given it an "okay" review up until the point where my air conditioner didn't work and they told me that "it's as good as it gets". My friend's rooms where like ice cubes and mine was like a sauna.

The temperature control on the shower was installed backwards, and after almost giving up on a hot shower, I realized just that.

Would I stay here again? Only if it was the last room available and I desperately needed a room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Jackpot hotels

Nelson, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Very reasonable place to stay that has a good restraunt that is also reasonable.Also in a good location for my travelling to Los Vegas and farther South. I would recommend this place to all my friends to stay at.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I lucked out finding this Hotel, on a long road trip, exhausted, I could not believe my good fortune. It's in a fantastic location, a two lane highway, seldom troubled by traffic. Mountains to the rear and fabulous skies. it has a classic Vegas vibe, very clean rooms and peaceful... It's a handsome retro building, probably 50's but maybe a little later. Restaurant was the great surprise, the food is incredible. Staff are so friendly and it really is a diamond in the desert. can't recommend highly enough on the value for money and experience of Americana scale

Room Tip: do as I always do, ask to see the room first..
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This place was ok.
The room was very old, the toilet had a problem.
The casino was one of the smallest I have ever seen. All it had were a few slot machines, and none of them appealed to me. Maybe this was for the best as I saved money by not gambling.
The price was very low, I think it was $29, so I didn't mind the shortcomings.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Castlegar, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

It's tempting when driving to Jackpot to stay at the high end resort/casino places, except for their outrageous prices. We elected to try Four Jacks and I'm glad we did. Just a preface: this is my first review as I'm not that keen about doing reviews, but this gem of a place changed my mind.
The price was right - $35. The rooms were ultra clean. The clerks and staff were exceedingly gracious and their food! I ordered the pot pie, which was home made, right down to the crust and absolutely delicious. My husband ordered the fish and chips, which he gobbled right down. When we completed our meal we were handed a quality questionnaire to fill out and when that was completed we were then given a chit for $5 to cash in at the casino.
Well, we had so much fun with that $5 and their games are current and interactive.
Best of all, we were told that as long as we were gambling, our drinks were for free.
Can't beat that!
Seriously folks, while this place may be older, it is in good and clean repair. Try it - you won't regret it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Delburne AB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We drove into Jackpot in the middle of a power outage last night. The staff immediately explained that although the hotel and casino were running on generators they couldn't offer TV service because the cable worked with the main power supply. Not an issue for us, we could still use our computers. The check in process was quick and efficient and our room was very clean and comfortable. We had a nice supper in the restaurant; very good prime rib and a nice home-made hamburger. along with attentive service from two very pleasant young waitresses. The hotel was very quiet during the nignt and we had a good breakfast in the morning. At check-out we were asked how our stay was and if we found everything satisfactory.
We'll be back next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Jacks Hotel/Casino? Share your experiences!