“Usually a nice stay this time we were disappointed” 4 of 5 stars

Cactus Petes Resort Casino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1385 Highway 93, PO Box 508, Jackpot, NV 89825   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Jackpot
Idaho
“Usually a nice stay this time we were disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have stayed at Cactus Pete's several times and the stay has usually been nice. This time it was not as pleasant. The room was not cleaned thoroughly we found items in our room from the previous guests stay. We were staying for two nights and our room was not cleaned after the first nights stay. Housekeeping usually calls to see if you need anything. They did not call I had to call them. I was very disappointed. The slots were extremely tight. The drink service while at the machines was almost non existent. I will stay here again I just hope the service is better. I am giving this a very good rating because 3 of our last 5 stays have been really nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Cactus Petes Resort Casino, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear you weren't completely satisfied with your stay this time. We really appreciate your feedback and I will pass it along to our Housekeeping team, so we can ensure this does not happen again. As you know, your experience does not match our standards. Thank you for visiting and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We head for Jackpot for mini trips. We've always had a really nice time. Pool is lovely, hot tub is great. The food is good, rooms are nice, gambling is decent (can make a $20 last so you get to play). Staff is always friendly. We've spent a few Christmas holidays here (no family) and enjoy the hot tub. So if you live close by, it is just a great place to get away and have a little R&R.

Room Tip: Sign up for their players card. Can get free nights, free buffets, different things. Since you'...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm glad you enjoy your R&R getaways with us! Thanks for sharing your review and for coming back to spend time with us.
Nampa, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

my husband and I go to cactus petes 2 to 3 times a year,we recommend this place to our friend because is clean,fun...but one thing drinks take too long to get one. and waitress some ignore you or are rude. but all and all is ok.

Room Tip: we like granite
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for being our guests and for the recommendations, Denise. I'll pass your feedback along to our beverage team so we can make sure to improve for your next visit. Thanks for sharing your review.
Plain City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great hotel for the size of the town. Restaurant staff are friendly and timely. Only complaint are the slots are tight and it is very tough to get a cocktail waitress. Some ignore you and others say they will be right back. You wait and wait but they do not return. There were about 30 people in our groups and everyone had the same experience. One would think if the slots are going to be this tight the beer would flow more readily to the gamblers. My wife and I gambled only about 40 - 50 % of what we normally gamble because of the horrible cocktail service. If they fix the cocktail waitress issue I would have rated this a 5 instead of a 3. Real close to the golf course. Jackpot Golf Course is one of my favorite golf courses.

Room Tip: Get a players card to get free rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Caldwell, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I have given this place multiple chances and I would not classify it as a resort. The dining options are limited but the food is good. The rooms are remodeled and comfortable. The part of this "resort" that is strange to us is the rudeness, many of the dealers/staff seem to be angry or upset that my wife and I were playing in the casino, between being yelled at for celebrating wins and the extremely long wait for drinks at the tables, it just put us in a bad mood...even though we ended up winning money. If you are expecting Vegas or Reno style casinos, you will be very disappointed. The overall experience was not pleasant, avoid if you can.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Cactus Petes Resort Casino, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear this. We do our best to provide quality guest service for each and every guest. I do apologize if we fell short. We would like to hear more about your visit so that we can improve for you and other guests. Feel free to send us an email to AtYourServiceJP@ameristar.com and we will follow up with you about your stay. We appreciate your feedback and do hope you give us another try.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed at Cactus Petes Resort Casino for 1 night on my way from Las Vegas to Boise ID. Realizing that Jackpot NV is a small town, with only a few hotels, I wasn't sure what to expect. I ended up choosing Cactus Petes because of other reviews on this site. Well, I was not disappointed. Cactus Petes was very nice & clean. The rooms were great, the bed was very comfy, and as a whole it was a very comfortable place. I will stay there again if I ever pass through Jackpot.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for giving us a try and for sharing your experience! I'm glad you had a comfortable stay and we look forward to seeing you again if you ever pass through Jackpot.
Hagerman, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I come to Cactus Petes as offen as i can. Its a good place to play and relax. I always come down to celebrate all my special occasions,. In fact I'm coming down on the 30th with my sister to celebrate her retirement, Keep up the good work

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for being a loyal guest, Larry, and for celebrating your special moments with us! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you next time.

Been to Cactus Petes Resort Casino? Share your experiences!