“better off sleeping in the streets” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jackpot
Covered Wagon Motel
Save Saved
You added Covered Wagon Motel to your Saves list
1602 U.S. Hwy. 93, Jackpot, NV 89825   |
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Jackpot
los angeles
“better off sleeping in the streets”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

The Covered Wagon is a crime scene waiting to happen. It smells like vomit and bodily fuilds. When I pulled the blanket back to sleep it had yellow stains. There were bugs crawling on the floor and I ended up just using to place to keep my belonings in for the night. I tied everything up in trash bags so I wont have bugs to take back with me. I spent all night in the casino cause I didn't want to sleep in that dump. Do yourself a favor... don't even think about going to this crap hole.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Business
Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

Apparently, there is no such thing as a smoker/pet friendly room at the Covered Wagon. One or the other. The room was big enough. Nice to have a table and chairs. Beds were ok and the pillows were surprisingly nice. Some mildew in the tub and spider webs behind the doors, but the rest was ok. Plenty of towels. Our A.C. didn't work well, but our friend's did, so I guess it is hit or miss. Same with remote controls. Not a lot of water pressure in the shower. If you bring your pets, there isn't a whole lot of potty space that isn't covered in painful burrs and stickers. Price was right though.

• Liked — If you are there to gamble, and only gamble and need a place to crash, this works.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
boise
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2006

Went down for a friends 21st b-day. The room was nasty and there were green bugs crawling all over the beds. The staff wasn't all that bad but we didn't bother them. We headed over to the other casinos because our hotel was a dump. I don't recomend staying in one of their rooms unless it is a last resort! Other than that we had a blast. The casino at Cactus Petes has all of the good Tables!

Stayed July 2006
Central California, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

Friendly desk clerk. Quiet on a Friday night. About $48/night for two beds. Rooms were dirty - i.e., dust on furniture and floor, bathroom shower growing mildew, lots of stains on carpet, dirty/stained blankets. TV was so fuzzy that it was not watchable. Air conditioner did not work and it was HOT! Ice machine not convenient and located inside of front office lobby. Light did not work. Room decor outdated. Table and chair located in room in addition to beds.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Fallon, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2006

We were just passing through on a long trip with three children - one a baby. We thought about camping somewhere to save money, but found this motel for $23/night Monday through Thursday. We actually remembered staying there before. The airconditioner didn't work last time. This time it worked, but wasn't the best. The beds weren't super comfortable with two people in them, but the TV was fine and overall, for the price, everything was much better than camping (no setting up and taking down). I would definitely recommend it for budget travellers and anyone who wants to stay away from the smokey casinos. (They do not have cribs, though.)

• Stayed July 2006
Lethbridge, AB
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2004

I've made many trips to Jackpot, but only twice have I stayed in motels there. The first was at the Covered Wagon, and the next time I decided to try Barton's Club 93. To my surprise they were comparably priced (during the week) but I actually enjoyed the Covered Wagon more. I must admit that the room at Club 93 was spotless, while the bathtub at Covered Wagon left a little to be desired. However, I found the covered wagon to be MUCH quieter (was woken up constantly at 93), plus there was a bigger tv with free cable (which Barton's didn't have). And everyone always says that Barton's is the friendliest place in Jackpot . . . I did not find this to be true. The staff acted like I was inconveniencing them (at hotel desk and in restaurant), and I went to Cactus Pete's and was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of dealers, pit supervisors, and waitresses.

• Stayed May 2004

Been to Covered Wagon Motel? Share your experiences!