I was just stopping in LT while on a cross-country drive and decided on a whim to spend the last night relaxing at the Hyatt. Frankly, I am used to buying a top-tier room and this time, given the last minute situation, I just bought a room on a discount website. Well, I got what I paid for.....a basement room (floor one) with the view of the parking lot and next to a service entrance. That being said, the room was dark, old, and small. The place is more of a 'lodge' than a high-end luxury resort. Most of the staff was friendly however we did have one valet person snap at us when we pulled up (for no reason). The pool is nice but full of screaming kids - as was the hot tub. The fire pit was a nice touch as was the beach across the street (FYI - the hotel is not on Lake Tahoe - it is a block away).
We found the food to be very good - having eaten at both the Prime Rib buffet and the breakfast buffet. Both were really good and above average.
Overall - average hotel, average service and above average food. I would stay at the Ritz next time.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Hotel Incline Village
- Hyatt Lake Tahoe Resort
- Hyatt Lake Tahoe
- Hyatt Incline Village
- Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe
- Incline Village Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Incline Village
- Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa And Casino Incline Village, Lake Tahoe (Nevada)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular setting on Lake Tahoe’s north shore with 500 feet of private, lakefront beach. Surrounded by towering pines and mountain greenery; 35 miles to Reno/Tahoe Int’l Airport; 40 miles to South Lake Tahoe Airport. Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino was recreated in the classic style of a 1920s alpine grand lodge. Exterior renovations of river rock and shingles complement the natural environment with colors echoing the tradition and sense of history of the original homes built in the Tahoe area. Extensive river rock landscaping and two outdoor fireplaces add to the guests' sense of arrival at the "Old Tahoe-Lodge" style entrance. The resort's Grand Lobby boasts crafted stonework, creating a cozy setting amid the warmth of an oversized double-sided fireplace, rich leather chairs and high-beam ceilings. The 421 guestrooms, including 24 lakeside cottages, have been decorated with natural pine, distressed wood, and leather furnishings, reflecting the setting with autumn colors of moss, brick red and wheat. Included in our Lake Tahoe resort's $60 million transformation was the addition of the Spa Terrace, a new three-story wing adjacent to the main 12-story hotel. Offering 138 luxury guestrooms with views of the Sierra Nevada skyline, the addition provides visitors with private balconies and breathtaking lake views. The Spa Terrace replaces the resort's former Aspen Terrace and overlooks the resort's new swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Amex, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.