“Tahoe treat” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“Tahoe treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Fabulous location and upmarket feel. Lovely welcome with a glass of champagne and free valet parking. The service was a bit mixed -some staff couldn't have been nicer and went out of their way to help and others were just ok. There was a stack of room service trays that didn't get picked up for some time, cluttering some of the hallways. But those things aside, the hotel rooms, pools and jacuzzi were terrific. The spa was a bit on the pricey side but the facilities were great. Having a drink and dinner at the bar and restaurant right on the lake and watching the sun set was magic!

Room Tip: Any room that is not in the tower block.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

865 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Korean first
Los Altos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Overall a pretty good hotel. It's in a great location in Incline Village. Just a few min walk to beach.
The highlight is definitely the wonderful swimming pools and jacuzzi. It is also close to several ski resorts - Mt Rose, Northstar, etc. Rooms were newly renovated too with plenty of woods.
However the Regency Club is among the worst I've been to. Sometimes it got so crowded there's no place to sit and the room got so hot it was unbearable.
I did want to compliment on the service. The teenage kids staying in the next room decided to have a party with loud music and talking/laughing. Security was knocking on their door just 1-2 min after I called to complain.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I steyed here doing "shoulder season" between fall and the ski season apparently. I got a decent rate, still a little higher than what I thought it might be for this time of year. The valet guy whose name I am not remembering was super nice, and pointed out some walking paths as well as a number of restaurants in the area.

I checked in and the staff was friendly and helpful as well. The gentleman who checked me in told me he was going to put me on the 10th floor and I was one of only 4 people staying on that floor. I thought great nice and quiet. I get out of the elevator and my room is the closest one to the elevator which makes a loud ding when it hits your floor, I didn't realize this until I was settled in and at that point after a long day of driving I didn't want to be the whiney guy and go and ask for another room, I am a Hyatt Gold Passport member and I did wonder why he didn't just give me a better room or offer me an upgrade at the beginning. I stayed at a Hilton in Concord, CA a couple nights before and they were sold out when I checked in so they actually gave me the Presidential Suite. I wasn't asking for the Presidential Suite here but a room away from the elevator would have been nice.

I went to explore the property and wanted to go for a swim and a sauna, the sauna is part of the spa and to gain access to the spa would cost $24. I was like really, so I didn't end up using the sauna. Very nice pool and jacuzzi, they have a tunnel you can even swim from the inside of the hotel to the outside, it's pretty cool.

The rooms were nice and modern with a rustic feel, very well done, mine had a sliver view of the lake.

They are renovating their high end restaurant which is right on the lake, I went down and enjoyed the firepit and they have a singer there who plays acoustic guitar and you can make song requests, such as John Denver of oldies like that. It was very nice.

Overall beautiful property, great location, wonderful staff.

As a footnote, they sent me a questionaire about my stay and I expressed the same comments that I expressed in this review. To their credit within 12 hours someone from the hotel responded and said if I stayed there again they would give me a complimentary room upgrade.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lake!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Salinas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We've been coming to the Hyatt in Incline Village, Lake Tahoe for at least 10 years and it's always a place that we look forward to. This is our favorite place in Nevada due to the outstanding scenery, the integration of the hotel into the surroundings, and its close proximity to Lake Tahoe. We spent the 2 days after Thanksgiving here and ran into a full house. As is my custom, I usually check in late. They called me to check on whether I'd be coming in since they were oversold. It's great to see that they had a full house & that we had a room waiting for us. We checked in at VIP where we've always received excellent service. Our room was on the ground level floor about as far as you can go to the end of the hallway, not far from the pool. The room had a little balcony with enough space for a small table & 2 easy chairs. For emphasis, I'll repeat -- The scenery is outstanding. And so is the service and the staff! We had 2 very enjoyable days where we just enjoyed the room & a small casino in the Hyatt. It was a great sunny weekend with perfect weather so we tooke a trip to nearby Northstar and Truckee. Oh and the wifi here is the fastest I've had in comparison to other hotels. Only quibble is the Lone Eagle Grill was closed for renovations during this time. But that's the great thing about the Hyatt, they always keep their product fresh by renewing it constantly.

Room Tip: At the Hyatt, I'm happy with whatever room, I've gotten. I've stayed in the tower, the g...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Our family travels a lot, and we have been to the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe 5 times but have never written a review. I simply cannot say enough about the facility and the staff here. The experience is first class from the time you arrive - greeted with a glass of champagne and FREE valet parking. (Free wifi as well - I cant tell you how much I appreciate not being nickle and dimed when I book a hotel like this.) The staff are uniformly friendly and helpful and the physical facility is amazing - several restaurants, coffee shop, casino, spa, workout room, etc. etc. Our favorite? The swim-out heated pool. You change your clothes inside a heated room, jump into a little wading pool and then swim under a glass wall to the outdoor pool. Even in the dead of winter the pool is comfortable and you can make a quick (cold) run to the two steaming outdoor whirlpools - amazing! We have stayed in 4 star resorts around the world, and this ranks in our top 2 or 3 favorite hotels ever.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Outstanding location on the banks of Lake Tahoe paired up with superb accommodations and fantastic service. We stayed there for 3 nights at the end of summer '12 right after the Labor Day. It was a blast.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have great view of the lake
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lafayette, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I recently spent 2 nights at the Hyatt and loved everything about the hotel. From the moment we pulled up in front, we were warmly welcomed by Jason and quickly checked in with a smile from Virginia (and handed a box of s'more makings).

The entire facility was recently remodeled inside and out and every inch is gorgeous. The lobby has the feel of a grand old lodge and a fire was roaring in the stone fireplace. Our room was in the 3 story buildings near the pool and was wonderful - large, immaculate, soothing decor, a comfortable bed and beautiful views of the pool area and trees.

We loved the fire-pit burning by the pool in the evening and had a great time watching the stars and roasting the s'mores. In addition to the swim-out pool, the property also has 2 large comfortable spas to relax in after a day on the lake.

But our favorite part was the Lone Eagle Grill located lakeside across the road from the main facility. We wandered down each evening and enjoyed great wine and flatbreads in front of the fire-pit while watching the sun set across the lake. Add in a group of nice people and attentive service, and there is no better place on the planet.

We absolutely loved the Hyatt and hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Avoid the tower and stick to the low-rise buildings
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino? Share your experiences!