“A Food Adventure” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: TART stop one block away. Summer time there is a free Trolley which uses the same stop as TART.
Mountain View, California
“A Food Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I've been to this restaurant every June for the past 4 years and can only suggest one of the tastiest meals you'll ever have. Last night was delicious as usual. The soup was delicious. The mackrill salad and the shrimp salad were exceptional with new flavors. The meat course of lamb and beef had unique sauces. I love this place. The people are great and the bar is well stocked. Kudo's!! Definately a place for all and foodies will love it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

94% Recommend
Rancho Murieta, California, Usa
“Piece of Paris on the shore of Lake Tahoe.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

It was a beautiful sunny and usually warm day in Tahoe. After walking on the beach and admiring the surroundings, it was a time for dinner. We stayed in Incline Village, Nevada. So, there were some good choices for dinner. So we were not sure where to eat. .And suddenly, there it was!. Le Bistro is not a big restaurant; however an elegant one. Service was very good, and food was excellent. The restaurant has both Pri-Fix and A LA Carte menus. From bread and special home made potato to entrees, every dish was great. We had Terrine of Duck Foie Gras, homemade Duck Liver Mousse, Wild Mushroom Soup with Puff Pastry and Tournedos of Beef Terdeloin. Wine list is very good.There was no room for desert; however we were presented my small pastries as a compliment from the chef. I will recommend to make reservation. Bone Appetite!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ukiah, Ca
“Wonderful food but..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated her birthday at this charming Lake Tahoe restaurant on June 4. Chef Jean Pierre is a magician with French cuisine and our meals were delicious. Our servers were also excellent except for one glaring exception. The waiter or wine guy, I think his name is David, studiously ignored us to the point of rudeness. Ordinarily I would dismiss this as a bad day but on a previous visit the same thing happened when we declined to purchase any wine (which was because we don't drink.). This man is evidently a snob with a good memory. We will return to enjoy Jean Pierre's fine meals despite the behavior of this unreformed elitist. This will in turn provide us with another opportunity to piss him off.

Visited June 2013
California
“What a Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Location Note: Le Bistro is in middle of Country Club Center so is a bit hard to find and not visible from the road. If you are coming from the Hyatt, cross the street and go straight into the first parking lot you see, there is a small "hallway" on the left (you see some property rental place I think on the corner) that you go down and you will see Le Bistro about 50 feet down in front of you.

Food: $52 might seem like a lot per person but the quality and presentation from the 5 course is worth it as I love how you get to choose each course (with the exception of the soup and dessert) from a selection of about 4-8 items. Every dish was so good and spot on that I won't go through everything we had since we had 4 people but definite highlights - the escargot with Caesar salad (5 escargots in a ramekin or buttery herbs and goodness) $5 surcharge more, the halibut (perfectly cooked), the potato side that is served with the entrees - think puffy potato chip that is hollow inside but shaped like a madeleine!! I have never had or seen anything like this and could've eaten the whole basket meant for the table myself. Finally, get the Grande Desert which that evening for us was a bite size cream puff, bite size raspberry tart, bite size apricot tart, and a passion fruit crème brulee EACH!!

Service: Top notch!! Friendly and excellent but not intrusive at all.

Visited June 2013
San Mateo CA
“French Cuisine at its Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

If you enjoy a leisurely meal with excellent French food lovingly prepared byJean Pierre, then you'll love Le Bistro at Incline Lake Tahoe. Being that I had never visited this restaurant, I did not know what to expect. Ed and I were warmly greeted by David who was also to be our waiter. He made us feel welcome and explained the prix fixe menu. You could also order ala carte. I started with the savory mushroom soup en croute.Then I proceeded with escargot accompanied by a nice light ceasar salad. I should mention that David never rushed us and was very attentive without being overly attentive. The gnocchi with truffle oil were delicious. The fresh venison was the height of my meal in a berry and port wine sauce. I could cut it with my fork. Because it was Ed's birthday, David presented him with a variety of desserts, our fifth and final course.His plate had Happy Birthday written in chocolate. Of all the meals I have ever had Le Bistro topped them all. The chef took the time to come to our table. He explained to Ed who loves to cook how to make the juniper berry and port wine sauce. I complimented his homemade gnocchi which could compete with my Nona's recipe. We said our goodbyes to Le Bistro and had a wonderful experience we shall not soon forget.

• Visited April 2013