“Some of the Best Duck I've Ever Had” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Description: French Asian Fusion. Gold medal winner of the Tahoe Autumn Food and Wine Festival. Open 5:00pm nightly. For reservations and more info call 775-832-3007
S.F. Bay Area
“Some of the Best Duck I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I've eaten here a few times and I always leave happy. My dad and I ate here last year and both had the duck. It was cooked perfectly and the sauce was so good we asked for some bread at the end of the meal so we could soak it all up and not leave anything behind.

It's a little pricey so can't eat here every night, but well worth it when we do.

Visited August 2013

“Above average food. Horrendous service. ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We are currently sitting here at Frederick's an hour and 45 minutes into our dining "experience". It took 40 minutes to receive our soups and salads. 70 minutes to receive our sushi appetizers. When we asked earlier how much longer it would take for the sushi, the busswoman pointed to a half full bar and said it's half price sushi night so they're very busy. I saw about 2 plates of sushi on the bar. She also said, "Whenever it's done". Really?!

The caveat to this is that the food is above average.

So we're now at an hour and 45 minutes into our meal and still no sign of our entrees. It's not like we're at The French Laundry. At least there, the courses come out at appropriate intervals. Needless to say, we will never come here again nor recommend this restaurant to anyone.

San Jose, CA
“Unexpectedly excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Who would have thought that one of the finest, most imaginative and breathtakingly well executed menus would be found in a modest strip center in Incline Village, Nevada? We arrived at our reservation time and our table was waiting but we threw them a curve by showing up with a party of eight and not the six they were expecting. Poor communication on our part. They accomodated us instantly and graciously.
Course by course and dish by dish, our party, well experienced fine diners was dazzled by the presentation and taste of the food selected.
From the perfect blend of sweet and sour in the margaritas to the crunchy and sweet meaty delights of the lobster corn dogs to the spicy edamame (with a wonderful habanero aioli) to the duck confit egg rolls to the pork filled letttuce wraps, we ate and drank superb food and drink and that was just the openers.
My wife and I split a terrific, very generously portioned butter lettuce salad. Other salad courses enjoyed were the beet and goat cheese and their take on a Caesar salad. All were raved about.
Our entrees were even better. I had the seafood hot pot. The fish and shellfish were tender and fresh and the noodles and sauce were a perfect complement to the fish. On our convivial and professional waiter's suggestion, I paired my entree with a Riesling. I generally don't care for this varietal, but it was the right choice. My son had the filet. It was cooked to his request and the Parisian gnocchi (flour balls of flavor) was marvelous. His wife had the braised short ribs. She loved every bite. My wife and her sister each had the Sea Worthy sushi rolls and the very generous servicing delighted them both.
My dessert was mini doughnut holes in a beignet style with coffee/chocolate dipping sauce. I confess that I paid no attention to the other desserts as I was so involved in mine. Most of us ordered decaf coffee and it was produced freshly brewed and was as delicious as the meals we so loved.
The bill was $500 (before tip) and we regarded this as a bargain. Were this restaurant in our native San Francisco, we would not be surprised if it cost 50% more. Were it in New York, we'd easily (and willingly) pay twice what we did.
All in all a triumph for the servers and the chef/owner and a delight from beginning to end.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Incline Village, NV
“Always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is intimate, meaning small but charming. Prices range in the $$$ range but well worth it. The portions are large and the menu interesting and beautifully presented. On Thursdays sushi is half price IF you can get a seat at the bar. Each roll is different and delicious. Highly recommend!

Visited May 2014
Los Angeles, California
“One of the very best in Incline.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is s great little fusion Bistro. The menu is thoughtful, changes, with a clean easy palate. The food is actually as good as it looks, and they do a stunning simple presentation.

Sushi is excellent, I hear that Thursdays is 1/2 price sushi night at the bar, full or half price this is a must when in incline.

Reservations will help you to get into this gem a ton when there is snow.

• Visited March 2014