“Must try the ribeye!” 4 of 5 stars

775-833-0606
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Water Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Country Club
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“Must try the ribeye!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Great view and atmosphere with delicious food. Excellent cocktails and wine list and the ribeye is a must have for meat eaters. My husband and father both had it and I was a silly female and ordered the halibut which was delicious but if I could do it again I'd also go for the meat. Our server recommended it and it did not disappoint my husband who is an amateur griller/meat smoker. They "cold smoke" the whole ribeye and then grill it to your desired doneness and the smokiness really won me over for the whole three bites my husband let me have.

Visited June 2014

Weston, Florida
“Very good fried chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I was told the chef was from GA so I had to try the fried chicken. It was very good. My wife had the fish and it was excellent too. Waiter was helpful and had a great attitude. We had a nice dinner. The place isnt elegant but its very nice. Lets call it casual but classy. I highly recommend.

Visited May 2014
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I've eaten here more times than I can count. It is always outstanding and the artwork is beautiful. The fish is amazing and fresh. The service has always been great. This is our "go to" restaurant in Lake Tahoe. Enjoy!

Visited November 2013
California
“Food is back on top again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Big Water is endlessly going through ups and downs in the kitchen and appears to be back up again. Love the bar!

Visited April 2014
Incline Village, Nevada
“Our go-to place for dinner "occasions"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

While the food is almost always terrific, and the service is always dependable, there have been some misses with BWG. One time the fired chicken was dry, on another it wasn't. I guess inconsistent is the word I am looking for. Before I gave up red meat, my favorite was the smoked rib eye. Last time I had the halibut and Caesar salad. Both were good, but not 'great'. Salad could have used some fresh anchovy fillets, halibut was a tad over. But I ate it all, and we always go back. Nice view of the lake, and a beautiful dining room.

Visited April 2014