“Great sunset view and pretty good food” 4 of 5 stars

775-833-0606
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Water Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Country Club
Sacramento, California
“Great sunset view and pretty good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

We dined at the Big Water Grille recently. We had a beautiful view of the lake and to take in the sunset. A 6:30-7:00 summer time seating would be perfect. I always lower my food expectations when dining in Tahoe, however the food was pretty darn good. Our salads were simple but very fresh. One thing they have is small portions of some entrees. It is more than enough and you have room for dessert. There take on a peanut & jelly sandwich was super. It is a nice place to dine in Incline.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Allen, Texas
“Great view, good food...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

This was my fourth time dining at Bigwater Grille. I finally got to enjoy the view and sunset! I had always dined here after dark before. The restaurant was lively and the bar was packed. People were having a great time. I thought the menu had a nice assortment of options. They featured small portions or larger portions for most of the dinners which was nice. My son eats gluten and dairy free and they were able to modify his meal as well by substituting roasted potatoes for au gratin potatoes. My friend and I had the halibut which was very good. It came with a corn chowder base, some rapini and grape tomatoes on top. My other friend had the ahi appetizer and loved it. The only complaint on this occasion was that our service was slow compared to the tables around us. There was a huge lag of time between courses, not sure why. I will definitely be back again though.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, TX
“Great food and views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2010

We had dinner at Big Water while staying in Incline Village. The views are great, the restaurant is very pretty and food was very good. I would recommend this restaurant, but be forewarned - the menu is very limited - I would check out their menu on their website before you go. My husband had a hard time finding something to eat on the menu, and decided to go with the special. It's "eclectic" type of fare - very pretty presentation but not huge portions (guess I am used to that being from Texas). We didn't have an appetizer or dessert and only one glass of wine a piece and the bill was $120 before tip. It's not a cheap place, but a very nice place to dine.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Prospect
“Terrific food and view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

We dined with friends of ours - all 4 meals were marvelous! Two of us had only starters (2 each) and the other 2 had dinners - no one was shortchanged. The tomato salad was incredible, as was the risotto. We also had the corn chowder, pork chops, spinach, prawns...we were all in heaven. And, I haven't even started on the view yet! Wow! We got there at sunset - I would suggest going a little earlier and then watching the sunset unfold. BEAUTIFUL!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
El Segundo, Calif.
“Great Food, Great View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

Little out of the way but well worth the detour. Excellent house wines, incredible view, exceptionally good food. Superb service. A must do.