“A good sports bar with an outstanding employee” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cutthroats Saloon

Cutthroats Saloon
111 Country Club Drive, Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Incline Village, NV 89451
+1 775-832-1234
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Bar, Hamburgers, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: At Cutthroat's Saloon, you might expect to see an old Western character or a shoot-out at any moment. But you're not on a movie set or in a time capsule - you're inside our famous Incline Village saloon and restaurant. Feel the Old West come to life around you. Enjoy delicious California cuisine in the Wild West atmosphere of a saloon from yesteryear. Sip our signature cocktails and try our habanero hot wings, pulled pork sliders or Kobe beef Wagyu Burger. The warm Western decor features dollar bill ceiling and walls, a massive wooden bar, glowing lanterns, and leather bar stools. Enjoy dining the exquisite Sierra Mountain resort with peaceful beachfront on Lake Tahoe.
Hercules, California
“A good sports bar with an outstanding employee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Cutthroats is a good sports bar with more TV sets than tables (or it almost seems that way!) is a great place to go when you are following a sporting event.

But the best thing about this sports bar was a particular employee - Diane Hemmert from Eureka, CA. She is singularly outstanding, and probably the best service person I have met in many, many years.

I'm sure you've had service people who have been polite and who provide good service, but don't seem like they're exhibiting their real personality. They seem artificial and somewhat disconnected from their jobs and from the people they're serving. Not Diane!

From the moment she first greeted me, she gave me the impression that her goal was to make my visit there as enjoyable as possible. There was nothing artificial about her - she truly wanted to provide me the best experience possible.

There were a lot of people in the bar that night, but she still took the time to talk with me and ask me what I wanted, and then give me samples of various wines to help me make my choice. When i talked to her, she listened and resonded, never making me feel, as so often happens, that she really had something more important to do.

She was a whirlwind of activity. She never slowed down, constantly looking to make sure each guest had what they needed. She discussed options with everyone - you could see that she truly cared for each person's satisfaction. She was personable, friendly and genuine.

If I were the Hyatt, I'd pull her out of the bar and make her a traveling trainer, teaching service employees what separates good service from truly outstanding guest experience. Diane made me feel like my visit was important to her personally, not just as an employee doing her job.

If you get to the Hyatt in Tahoe, drop into Cutthroats and see if Diane is working that night. If so, you'll understand what I mean. She's the standard by which everyone else should be measured.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sunshine Coast, BC, Canada
“A real saloon, good food, great times.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

If you're looking for a place to enjoy pub style food, large tasty appys, and high, happy energy then this it. Our server was spot on, never far away but not oppresive. Lots of big, flat screens to catch up on the latest sports. Good energy levels.

Visited August 2013
Tucson
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

There were three of us in the group. We ordered the nachos and soup in a bread bowl. We could have gotten by with one of those and still had plenty for all of us. Very generous portions. They have dollar bills tacked all over the walls with something written on several. I asked the meaning behind that decorations. Our waitress said that customers just tack the bills on the walls and when the walls get full they take them all down and donate them. What a great idea! We'll go back again next time we're in the area.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colorado
“Descent Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Bar-B-Q sliders are very good. The service was fast and good. Staff was attentive. Menu items were good.

Visited August 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good drop in place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Onion soup, vegan chili, quesadilla, all good fare which was delivered fast, if you don't mind the sticky tables (peeling lacquer) lol. Good friendly waiters, we ate here twice, late, during our stay at the Hyatt.

• Visited August 2013