“Expectation vs. Reality” 4 of 5 stars

775-833-3900
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack Rabbit Moon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Restaurant and Bar serving American cuisine with a flair.
Incline Village, NV
“Expectation vs. Reality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have found that expectations can enhance or ruin a new experience; in this case my expectations did not enhance the experience. My husband and I went there with another couple for dinner on a Saturday night. We walked in to the bar and couldn't seem to be able to spot the main dining area. Well, that is because the "main dining room" and the bar are one entity separated by the greeter's podium. The tables were so close together that you could easily hear, follow and contribute to the neighboring tables' conversations. I like intimate settings, but that is a little too close to other groups. If I were in a European country I would expect that, but I'm not and I don't.

The service was attentive and consistent with the lively atmosphere. The food was the winning point of the evening. Wow! Everything the four of us ordered was absolutely wonderful. I don't think words can describe just how delicious and unique each preparation was, and the presentations were awesome in and of themselves.

I would recommend to a friend to go to Jack Rabbit Moon, enjoy the fabulous food but do not expect a quiet, intimate, personal setting. Like I said, my expectations put a damper on my experience.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

92% Recommend
new jersey
“should be #1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Make a reservation and go have dinner at the best restaurnt in Incline village.Great food great service and a well priced wine list.we have visited most restaurants in Incline,this is the best.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Incline Village, Nevada
“A Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I think the limited menu is an asset. This is a foody place for foody people. I don't count myself particularly among them, but as a special date night with my wife, we love the place. They are serious food and wine lovers, but none of that pretentious crap you sometimes find at some places. It's relaxed. As with most such places, it isn't cheap and don't expect huge portions.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“my fav in this little paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

been 4 times in just 2 visits!! beautiful plates, delicious & interesting food. service is fabulous! another def "do again" for us!!

Visited February 2012
Ukiah, Ca
“North Shore Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Jack Rabbit Moon has very good food, attentive service and a fairly priced menu. The soups and enchiladas were fantastic. If they would decide that they had a classy restaurant and not a bar requiring a tv I would give them 5 stars. The chef deserves it.