“My favorite place to Kayak” 5 of 5 stars

and up
South Lake Tahoe Boat Rental
Activities: Scuba diving, Swimming, Kayaking
More attraction details
Owner description: Rocky coves and boulders to jump off of are the primary features of this beach.
8 attraction reviews
“My favorite place to Kayak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My favorite place to Kayak on the lake- the views were breathtaking! We were able to rent our Kayak at Sand Harbor which made it very convenient to explore the Lake.

3 attraction reviews
“Absolutely gorgeous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Incline Village and made the 5 minute scenic drive up the road to Sand Harbor. The cost was $12 for California residents and well worth every penny. There are several beaches for families to sit on and enjoy the amazing views of Lake Tahoe. This is truly one of the most beautiful and scenic areas of Lake Tahoe. My husband and I brought our SUP/kayak (they say no dogs but allowed us to take our dog out on our boards with us) and spent two separate days exploring this beautiful area.

The second day we headed South from Sand Harbor and what a treat! I can't tell you just how incredible the view is, how amazing the water is..you just have to go see for yourself!

Mountain View, California, United States
44 attraction reviews
“The best beach around Lake tahoe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Dont forget to visit the Sand Harbor beach - white sand with blue water (ice cold). you will be able to do water sports around the beach and it is a awesome beach to have a drink. :-)

Oakland, California, United States
28 attraction reviews
“Pristine Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I've been here several times to just wade by the water and swim for a bit. My boyfriend and I just dived here last weekend and the water was pristine. There wasn't much sealife, but we saw lots of crawfish/little lobster. Perfect little beach that isn't too crowded during the week

25 attraction reviews
“Awesome Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is one of the nicest state parks I have ever been to. Clean and well maintained. $12 for the day and when lot full, no walk ins. Parking is close to likely the nicest ,biggest sandy beach on the lake. No bottles or bbq on beach keeps it clean. Great views.
The snack bar was nice. Bathrooms adequate for a park, bring your own wipes.