“Traveling with a Pet” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
CORNVILLE
“Traveling with a Pet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Traveling with a family pet is sometimes difficult, but our stay was perfect. Even bags to collect poop were provided for us, even though we always travel with them. Overall, a great experience. Wish I would have brought my bathing suit!
Whenever I call Wyndham Rewards they are always able to find pet friendly motels for us. Only problem is that it seems to take a very long time to have enough points for a free night's stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Sue H, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Henderson, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Lloyd,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We are happy to hear you and your pets enjoyed your stay with us. Our guest's pets are as important, so we always like make sure they are comfortable too. We certainly hope you consider us for your next stay next time.
Thank you once again.

Warm Regards,

Sue Holsomback

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We love staying at the Hawthorn Hotel and always have a good stay. The only thing I'd wish for is a restaurant either in the hotel or a nicer one at the little casino next door. I'm so glad you take pets as our little toy poodle goes with us everywhere and even though we have to pay $10.00 extra for him, it is worth it to us. Was a little disappointed with the breakfast this time as there was hardly any of the hot food there. But what was there, was good.l

Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Sue H, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Henderson, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Hello Neila,

Thank you so much for your loyalty to Hawthorn Suites & for the great feedback. We certainly love to make our guests and their pets feel right at home! Feel free next time to speak with the front desk for any recommendations for dining, etc. I would like to apologize for the lack of options during breakfast, please rest assure we seriously value comments and concerns, and use them to improve. We look forward to your next stay here with us sooner than later!
Bunbury, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We just spent 5 days here ... The staff were fantastic, special thanks to Melissa who went out of her way to be helpful, even taking my husband to pick up the hire car. Rooms were large with plenty of room. It was quiet and very easy to sleep in late. Bathroom good, with vanity outside for easier access. Breakfast plentiful, though a little crowded at times, but we were there for ironman so hotel was full.
Easy access to Hoover dam and lake mead. Bus ride into the strip ony $5 for 24 hrs. Boulder city worth a visit as well.
Thanks everyone for making our stay so enjoyable

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Quinta,

Thank you very much for taking some time to provide positive feedback to us. Thank you as well for your gracious comments about our team, your feedback truly inspires us to continue to strive for excellence in everything we do! We value your loyalty and will look forward to welcoming you back here at the Hawthorn Suites.
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in August 2012 and were impressed. Given what we paid the value was good. The hotel was clean and quiet and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was large and had plenty of space and beds for 4 of us. Pool and fitness room were a bit tired but well maintained and just right for a quick dip or exercise after a day of touring. Breakfast area was busy and a bit untidy at peak times but the choices and quantities were very good for the price. We visited Lake Mead park for a couple of days and Hoover Dam. Reception staff gave good advice on visiting these places and also on local restaurants and cinemas. PS Try the New York Italian place over the road for some real characters !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hello Martin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at the Hawthorn Suites. We welcome your feedback with the hope of helping us improve our services & facility! Our staff is always willing to assist our guests in finding things to do, dining recommendations, etc. We definitely look forward to your next visit.
Eagle, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is out dated and very tired looking. Electrical outlets weren't working, towels are small and coarse (and only two per room), carpet is worn and dirty and the non smoking rooms smell smokey. The bath tub creaks and the bathroom fan is incredibly loud. There were no whole grain options for breakfast bread/bagels. Even the free wi-fi was inadequate, regularly dropping service. Do not waste your money or time staying at this terrible location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear SoaringEagles916,

I wanted to extend my sincerest apologies that your stay last month did not live up to your expectations. I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment with our property. Our guests responses are important to our success as a hotel, and insure that we consistently evaluate all feedback. We would love to welcome you back to prove our value to you. Please contact me if you would like to further discuss at either my email hendersongm@shm5.com or call me directly at 702.568.7800
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

On arrival, our firs "non-smoking" room was second floor smoking room converted a few months ago; the smoke and the cover up spray made it difficult to breathe. The next room was a bit more difficult to find as all rooms were "pre" assigned and without management could not make a change. It was first floor and the A/C had been leaking water into the room, it was mildew (mold?) and smelled so bad, made the smoking room seem like a good bet. Finally, they gave us the "owners" suite. a King with jacuzzi. We never used it but at least this third room did not smell.

Room Tip: Find a different place.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear SkiSanDiego,

I am glad to hear your comments because it enables us to improve our property. Please be assured that I have followed up with the appropriate departments to ensure we improve our weaknesses. Details and attention to service are what set us apart as a hotel, and I am truly sorry to hear you were disappointed. I can only hope you consider giving us another chance to change your mind.
Apple Valley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

As a manager at a California Hawthorn Suites I made my reservation without checking trip advisior first. Big mistake! I assumed the Hawthorn Suites in Henderson would be like my hotel, I was sadly mistaken. From the moment we entered the shared driveway I knew it was nothing like my hotel. The hotel was in a run down neighborhood which fit the run down hotel. The grounds were poorly maintained with trash and cigarette butts lining the parking lot. Melisa was pleasant, I could tell she enjoyed her job and the people she served. I should've however, taken her offer to stay at the Microtel (another Wyndham property) rather then sleep in the filthly guest room. The hallways smelled of cigarette smoke, even though it's a nonsmoking hotel, the deep red carpets are well stained and the walls have black scuff marks all over them. The room was large, but very outdated. Beds very very thin and terribly uncomfortable. I felt the need to check for bed bugs, lucky for me there were none. Trust me I was quite surprised! I had the same problem with another trip advisor reviewer, I felt the tub was going to fall through the floor. It certainly sounded like it would. All in all just a really bad experience. The breakfast was good however, with only 6 tables, it was rather cramped. I really can not believe this property passes the Wyndham standards during inspections. Incredibly sad that this hotel is of the same name as mine. I am truly ashamed to be represented this way. For all you future travelers I beg you not to think all Hawthorn Suites are like this. Visit the Hawthorn Suites in Victorville, California to see and feel how a Hawthorn Suites should be.

Room Tip: Choose either the Wingate or Microtel while in Henderson, you'll be much happier.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Henderson? Share your experiences!