“Great getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 27 hotels in Henderson
Vancouver, Washington, United States
“Great getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here numerous times. We have also stayed here with our daughter.

There are plenty of things to do and great restaurants. The gaming is wonderful, lots of machine variety.

The pool is fantastic. Our only issue was that the pool was not open early enough in the day. It did not open until like 9am.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

504 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Los Gatos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We recently traveled to the Las Vagas area for a family event and did not want to stay in the busy Strip area. We found the Sunset Station in Henderson and were very happy with the quality of the rooms, the staff and the value for our money.

We had a lovely large corner suite room, midweek, for a lot less than we would of paid to stay in a small room down on the Strip.

The room was nicely furnished and included a large wet bar area. Two bathrooms, with the one in the bedroom area being very large, equipped with a large jacuzzi tub and a separate shower.

The only negative for us were the plastic disposable glasses.

Room Tip: Go midweek, book a standard room and then opt for a space available upgraded room.
Porterville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The sunset Station really knows how to throw a party, the food was great, the atmosphere and the service was right on time. It was my first time to attend and hope to be there next year. The room was a great value and the food also at the buffett was much better than the more expensive buffett's that we went to during our stay, we left the casino to check out a buffett that was being advertised as the best and it might have been if it didnt cost almost $40.00 and so we returned to the Sunset Station very hungry and when all was said and done very satisfied with the food and the service that we received. I must also add that all the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Moncton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was a charming hotel with lots of amenities. We arrived here a few days before the rugby sevens tournament and enjoyed exploring the area. We decided not to rent a car this time and kind of wished we had. This hotel is a ways from the strip and cost about $40-50 each way as well as from and to the airport - it no longer has a shuttle. We were able to buy 3 day bus passes for $20 a piece and the buses run between 30 minutes and an hour with pick up right in front of the hotel. The buses were a great way to meet some local people and we found most people and bus drivers to be exceptionally nice and helpful. One tip if you decide to take the bus from sunset station, go through to the south strip transit station and catch the deuce or SDX, we found the trip down the Boulder Highway to the Bonneville transit station to be too long with all the pickups along the way and not as friendly. We stayed on the 14th floor of the hotel and had a nice view of the mountains. I have asthma and didn't find our room to have a smokey smell at all for which I was extremely releaved. However, the casino area positively smells like smoke - as do most of the casinos in Vegas. Our room was a bit above standard with a nice king bed with white duvet (I prefer this to the older looking bed covers) and a flat screen TV. The windows were nice and big and I really liked the large vanity outside of the bathroom. One thing that the hotel could stand to improve on is to have someone wipe down the walls. Although our room was clean, the walls and door had some spills which were never cleaned throughout our 8 night stay. A simple wipe down with a sanitized cloth during cleaning would do wonders. Compared to strip hotels, the restaurants are very resonable with the buffet being the best deal. If you sign up for the free players card you get discounts at the buffet and for under $11 two people can eat a nice breakfast and get good value even if you just select the yummy omlet, fruit and coffee/juice. We also enjoyed being so close to so many shops and spent time picking up gifts to take home at the Galleria Mall and Burlington Coat Factory. Also, if you are a Costco member bring your card and pick up some beverages and snacks for your room. It's well within walking distance. Although the hotel has a really nice pool and patio be prepared for it to be closed if you go during the winter months. We were a bit sad that it was closed even on some of the warmer days and would have loved to at least be able to sit around the pool with a book. We enjoyed walking around the casino and restaurants in the hotel and felt very safe with all the security everywhere. In fact, this whole area feels like a suburb/shopping district and we felt very comfortable. If you are looking for a full-on strip experience then this is not the hotel for you. If you want some distance from the strip, are planning to rent a car and enjoy meeting locals, then this is a great place to stay. Also, if you are travelling with children, I would recommend this hotel. If we go back to rugby sevens next year, I would consider this hotel but would have to have a rental car.

Room Tip: We loved the 14th floor. Ask for a room that is higher up and you may just get it!
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a great location, when attending the USA Sevens Rugby tournament, held at UNLV's Boyd Stadium. We have no desire to gamble, nor do we attend any of the LV shows. Since the games run late into the evening, and after being outside all day, we are pretty tired and just want a place to have an average quality meal and relax. We have found the rooms to be clean and well maintained. We will probably stay here again next year for the fifth time.

Room Tip: Try to get on an upper floor. Less chance of noise and a better chance of getting on the elevator b...
Saint George, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We just returned from staying two nights at the Sunset Station. Since we were visiting someone in Henderson and it was a week-end we decided not to stay on the Strip this time, which turned out to be a very good decision. This hotel is in a good location...convenient to get to from the freeway, close to stores and restaurants and across the street from a large mall.

I can't speak for the suites or junior suites, but the standard room is just that....a bed, TV and small table with 2 chairs but it was large, the bed was comfortable and it was as clean as it could possibly get. We arrived early (about 1:00 p.m.) and were able to check in.

We have stayed in Las Vegas many times and I feel what sets this hotel and casino apart from the other hotels we have stayed in is the customer service....it was excellent! From check-in to check-out everyone we came in contact with was wonderful. We never passed an employee without them smiling and greeting us. We enjoyed the casino also...not real dark and didn't have the crowds of the strip hotel. We had breakfast and dinner at the buffet and it was very good and very reasonably priced, especially if you get a player's card. We also ate in the cafe and it was good as well.

We had a great experience at this hotel and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We had Room 1003. It was very close to the elevator (which is nice, since there is a very long hall...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Henderson, NV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We moved to Henderson last May, so this Casino is right around the corner from us. We went there several times, because they are so close and my grandma had some special buffet offers she gets in a mailer, but I was never that impressed with them and after this last incident will not be back. The first rude incident was when we decided to play roulette; there was another couple at the table with large stacks of chips. We decided to play $20, which apparently wasn't enough for the guy working the table since he was completely dismissive of us and focused on the other couple, clearly telling them he hoped there number hit and saying it was too bad when ours did. Fine, whatever, we were there to have a good time. However, my fiancee, who is a veteran with brain damage, had to keep asking me questions because of his memory issues he couldn't remember certain things; also a few times he went to place bets too early, again because he would forget that the dealer has to remove that glass thingamajig. At this point the man working the table was openly making fun of him to the other couple, both saying sarcastic things and mimicing him. It got so bad that even though we were up by a $200 I told him I wanted to leave and did not let him give the guy his customary tip (too bad for him, because my fiance is actualy a really generous tipper) I had to wait 45 minutes to speak to someone to make a complaint, and even then I only got there attention because I got sick of waiting and walked over into the area guests are not supposed to be to get her. We were offered a free buffet....really? That costs them nothing and does not do anything for us, no thanks, we just left. We went back for the first time in a while to see a movie. Since we had some time to kill, we sat down to play a game. The waitress offered everyone except my fiance a drink and the guy asked for my ID, even though I wasn't playing, saying it was policy (which is funny, since in the time I have moved to Vegas that had never happened) and scrutinized it like it was a fake. I'm gonna be 30 soon, really it is clearly not a fake ID. The worst part was after the movie; we decided to get food at fatburger since it was late, he went to cash in our chips from earlier while I waited for the food. Security surrounded him and accused him of trying to rob someone, talking down to him and treating him like some type of criminal. He is an armed guard and has a criminal justice degree, so he set the rude guards straight and they let him go; after all, they had no witnesses and could find no one to collaborate this story (duh, since it never happened) but it ruined our entire date night. His whole attitude was "just because I'm black I have to be robbing people?" I hate to agree with him and say that it is a racial issue, but I get an entirely different type of service when I am there with my grandmother, the only problems are when I am with him. Ironically, it was MLK day...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunset Station Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!