“Far cry from classy” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Texas
“Far cry from classy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

It all started out good. We were offered an upgrade for $35 and the room at first glance was great. Large with large bathroom. Then I started seeing the problems: long black hair in the tub, grubby furniture, sticky mess on a table. Basic cleaning issues that were just ignored. Then there weren't enough towels but that was rectified. And there was no hot water the day we left. Nothing brightens your day like a cold shower. The hotel itself seems to attract a lower end clientele. But appreciated security for entering the hotel section itself and the restaurants were a decent value. There was a high point--maybe the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. Just hope it was clean.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel was certainly good value, The room was clean and very nice for the price. I ate in the coffee shop a few times, and the staff their was always very nice and pleasant to deal with. The Steakhouse excellent. sat at the bar, had a nice glass of Red wine, a good prime rib, and chatted with the bartender, who made me feel like a local. But unfortunately attitude in one of the restaurants the oyster bar pretty much ensured that I ate out every other night I was there. I don't eat rice, and asked if they could substitute a small salad instead. "NO way, not a chance we don't and wont do that here!" OK then $45 for a meal and they cant spare a few lettuce leaves give me a break. Funnily enough I ate in the sister restaurant Oyster bar in the Green Valley Ranch. and the experience was polar opposite, they couldn't have been more accommodating.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Found a clump of long black hair on the bathroom floor, then found a black pubic hair in bed along with a blood stain that was not fully washed out of the sheet.
I called to let the staff know about the problem at 2 pm and it was not fixed. After waiting an hour we finally just walked down to the front desk to let them know what was going on.
Then after being promised it would get fixed it wasn't. I had to physically take the sheet to the front desk at 11 pm, and at that time I was called a liar and told that I only wanted comped and I could have gotten that sheet anywhere.
I only wanted the bed fixed.
Finally someone showed up with a clean sheet and I made the bed myself.

Also, the property itself was dirty, toilet seats in casino bathrooms were rotting and staff unfriendly. Won't be returning or recommending.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kingman, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have been using this hotel when flying out of Las Vegas for over nine years. I live in Arizona so it was an easy drive to catch early morning fights out of Vegas. I made a reservation in January for a return from a funeral that I had to fly out for. I told the reservation clerk that I would be checking in late and she assured me that with a credit card my room would be there for me. Well it wasn't they had given my room to someone else and didn't have another. Now if I had not been there to take the room they would have charged me for it, so they were hoping I would not show up this is a nasty little scram they were trying to run. This place has steadily gone down hill over the years. The final and last straw from me.

Room Tip: never ever count on your reservation being there in this place
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

For some reason I expected this to be an run down, run of the mill hotel, but it wasn't. We were pleasantly surpised by how nice our room was as well as the elevator lobby and most of everything else. The only negative is that the elevator to the hotel is not near the check in so there is a bit of walking to be done.

Room Tip: This is NOT a Las Vegas strip hotel/casino. It is in Henderson and is not near much of anything els...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

It was a beautiful a hotel, I loved it, I enjoyed it, and I would stay in it again. My only concern with the hotel itself was the hidden fee's they dont tell you up front when you are booking a room. But my over all experience was excellent. Also there is a buffet restuarant in there called the fiesta buffet I believe is to die for, excellent food, great prices, and excellent customer service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was a great place to stay, off the strip with plenty to do. Once you've stayed on the strip a few times the shock and awe go away. We were shocked at how large the room was for a casino hotel very nice. If you can, ask for a higher floor so you get some view. The room was clean and well decorated. House keeping and other staff were very attentive to any needs even though this was a 4 night comp stay. Lots of good choices for food, and if you get tired of gambling go see a movie at the theater inside the casino or go bowling also inside the casino. This was our first trip to Vegas that we didnt go to the strip even once.The outlying casinos have plenty to offer if you want a bit of a slower pace. Overall this was a great stay in our 3500 mile road trip. Hope this helps.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Sunset Station Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!